• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG's Super Champ Combo (Sept 29-30) STOP POSTING HERE, SEE RESULTS FORUM THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't worry, you got 2 months to find a partner. -_-

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'm showing up to this.

I don't want to go to another poorly run tournament. The only 2 major ones I've been to (NCT2 and OC3) have both ****ed up time management badly, and I never made it out of pools as a results.

That's pretty ****ed up. So I do hope that this **** will be good.

sweetxignorance

Smash Apprentice
I hope someone from west coast gets first. Ha ha.

Too bad I won't be able to make this unless it was in Norcal. x_x

Oh, by the way, is this the last MLG event for smash this year?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll probably need a partner for this one haha

i'm gonna be living in california in riverside this next year btw in case i didn't say that so i'll be around for all you cali guys pretty consistently throughout the year

Charoo

Smash Champion
I hope someone from west coast gets first. Ha ha.

Too bad I won't be able to make this unless it was in Norcal. x_x

Oh, by the way, is this the last MLG event for smash this year?
yeah

they already have it for everywhere else

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i'll probably need a partner for this one haha

i'm gonna be living in california in riverside this next year btw in case i didn't say that so i'll be around for all you cali guys pretty consistently throughout the year
Oh hell yeah, I'm going to be living in the same city as the best bowser ever ^_^

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
I'm showing up to this.

I don't want to go to another poorly run tournament. The only 2 major ones I've been to (NCT2 and OC3) have both ****ed up time management badly, and I never made it out of pools as a results.

That's pretty ****ed up. So I do hope that this **** will be good.
Honestly bro lets see u run a tourny like oc3, see how good it turns out. Let me kno how many people show up ya? On another note, scc will be too good. Im def going.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Honestly bro lets see u run a tourny like oc3, see how good it turns out. Let me kno how many people show up ya? On another note, scc will be too good. Im def going.
What does that have to do with anything? Just because I haven't run a tournament I'm not allowed to say something about how I think it was run? Bull****.

I'm not alone in what I think. OC3 was moderate at best, the way it was run. It was awesome meeting everyone, though.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
The problem with OC3 was probably that a few things were unaccounted for ie. ppl showing up too early, getting police involved, and thus not being able to do much the first day.

But, i suppose, i can't blame the staff for that. The biggest mistake, though, was how long pools took. What the staff should have done was have at least staff to go from pool to pool and make sure they were being played. There were unnecessarily long breaks. Instead of a lunch break, i'm sure they should have cut off virtuallly all friendlies, and did pools. Lunch could be served the remaining ppl.

That would have taken more staff, but imo they really should have gotten more staff members, or at least helpers, people they can rely on to help pools go by smoothly.

I hope TO's would take lessons from stuff like this and know what to prepare for.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun at OC3, but at the same time I made some mental notes to what I felt could have been run better.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
The problem with OC3 was probably that a few things were unaccounted for ie. ppl showing up too early, getting police involved, and thus not being able to do much the first day.

But, i suppose, i can't blame the staff for that. The biggest mistake, though, was how long pools took. What the staff should have done was have at least staff to go from pool to pool and make sure they were being played. There were unnecessarily long breaks. Instead of a lunch break, i'm sure they should have cut off virtuallly all friendlies, and did pools. Lunch could be served the remaining ppl.

That would have taken more staff, but imo they really should have gotten more staff members, or at least helpers, people they can rely on to help pools go by smoothly.

I hope TO's would take lessons from stuff like this and know what to prepare for.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun at OC3, but at the same time I made some mental notes to what I felt could have been run better.
Yeah Ill agree with that, they could've asked a lot of ppl, and im sure they would've been more than happy to help. If asked i woulda made sure everyone was playing their matches, but they never asked around, and i wasn't gonna do it on my own considering that every tournament i go to i have to run things...i kinda wanted a break.

I wont go in depth but it could have been run better, but that i still had hella fun so it doesn't matter to me XD

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could pick me up from UCLA and take me to this tournament? I'd gladly compensate for gas/time spent.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wonder if Edrees would possibly consider teaming with me at this event.

That'd be CRAZY.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's attendance and setups looking like for SCC? I'm interested, maybe more of Az too... I'll see what I can do.

PS: I'm always good for at least one full setup when I go to a tourney.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
This looks interesting. I'll check it out. I always hear great things about neal run tourneys.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hmmm going to need a ride for this from UCLA, any takers? (willing to compensate money for gas/time spent)

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Don't worry, Hydro Kirby. I know how to run a tournament (see my stickied thread) :).
I also know how to run a tournament, and as a tourney-running professional I will be there to make fun of anything Neal does wrong. Call it mutual respect among tourney-running elite.

Neal knows this, and therefore will be on top of his game.

So good.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I also know how to run a tournament, and as a tourney-running professional I will be there to make fun of anything Neal does wrong. Call it mutual respect among tourney-running elite.

Neal knows this, and therefore will be on top of his game.

So good.
Heyy I too know how to run these tournaments, and I'll be there as well haha, but yeah no worries...Neal definitely knows what he's doing;)

Charoo

Smash Champion
ALSO, Neal have Champ to help slow down the tourney to a steady pace too!

slow and steady wins the race =)

mlg doesn't have the registration up yet. We will make an update or notice on the front page when the registration is about to open.

Me and Neal are still planning on the setup of the tournament. For sure we will have teams and singles though.

EDIT: Neal needs to put this video on the first page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uie7qTQPj-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom