• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Running a $1000 SSBB Film Festival: Presented by Dr. Pepper

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MLG and Dr Pepper are proud to announce the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Film Festival, featuring over $1,000 in prizes! This contest is your chance to display your skills to make cold, hard cash. We seek the most well-made video that displays your Smash Brawl skills. The top contestant will run away with $1,000 in cash and runners-up will be treated to GameStop gift certificates.
Best Skill Video Submit a video of no more than 90 seconds that displays your Smash prowess. This video could be a compilation of amazing kills, sneaky moves, mastery of mind games or excellent use of glitches. If you think you’ve got the skills, put together a video and submit it.

Prizes:

1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $250 GameStop Gift Certificate
3rd Place: $100 GameStop Gift Certificate

For more information, including rules and entry, check this link:
http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/201427

Balloon

Smash Lord
wow, sounds like they got the wrong game.

amazing kills? sneaky moves? what do they think it is, melee?

6footninja

Smash Ace
thats actually a somewhat promising competition for everyone. Seeing as its not in real time, but its still competitive. I just may enter.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
Pathetic, why not just a proper FFA tourney.
or they could do nothing so little unappreciative babies like you don't cry about anything. it's to hype up Smash for the 08 season, grow up.

PS. lmao, FFA tourney.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow, sounds awesome. Can't wait to enter. :)

Also, this may be one of their deciding factors as to whether or not Brawl will be on their lineup. Let's make this good ppl.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
What kind of people can put up this kind of contest?

... Awesome people, that's who. Very original, Dr. Pepper and MLG, thumbs up.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ack. Before anyone outside the US gets excited, rules say you must be over 13 and a legal resident of the United States to enter.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Skeet skeet

this sounds great and all, but I thought you weren't allowed to advertise on the forums?
I tried many ways to write a response to help you here, but I found a quick way to capture all my lists and rules:

Advertising is only not allowed when it's crappy and we don't care about it.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I really think this could be a deciding factor in whether or not MLG hosts Brawl...Perhaps not a deciding factor, but at least a start for them to understand where Brawl stands as a competitive title. This competition could be very important.

spindash

Smash Ace
Ack. Before anyone outside the US gets excited, rules say you must be over 13 and a legal resident of the United States to enter.
... Snap! >< Just when I was about to slap together an epic Sonic/Ike/Pokémon Trainer Vid.

Could you imagine if this not only meant it was for $1,000, but it sparked them seeking that person out for a contract with MLG to be a pro gamer? :p Wouldn't that be something else. XD

Blasted being in Canada. I love it anyway. ^^ Looking forward to the amazing things people pull off.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I'm going to make a huge series called 'smashin'

It's about Ike and he travels around the world finding da power emeralds. I don't have a capture card so I'm gonna film with my digital camera. Oh yeah and no words just text from windows movie maker.

ITS GUN BE AWSUM11!!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Bump;

$1000 and you don't even have to be good at the game, does anyone have any examples of something they've made? I'm really curious.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Only US residents?

Aw ****. I wanted to show some cool Ike/Zsamus kills.

loki42

Smash Rookie
Hmmm.... a thousand in video game goodies or Dr. Pepper merch?

I would have a hard time choosing. :p

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
I may enter after I look through all the Wi-Fi matches I got to play with Tapion ^_^. I hope to slap something together, but it may not be the best quality since I have no capture card, either way I will post something.

random_bob

Smash Cadet
so can we have the video jump from one character to another to show multiple characters in one video or is it more of a one character per video so u can send in an unlimited amount of videos?

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Anyone know if the maker of the video will be known? Someone's reputation could create a bias before the video is even watched.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1) I would assume it would be, it would be like anyone submitting something for being judged.
2) Not sure what bias there could be...most people in MLG don't know anything about anyone who plays Smash, let alone makes videos. People that work for or are associated with MLG (like me) aren't allowed to enter.
3) What I heard as of yesterday is that there are less than 10 submissions so far. 1/10 chance at winning a thousand dollars? Though, there is still a decent chunk of time left, I'm sure more people will submit entries.
4) You can do whatever you want in the video, including showing multiple characters.

Top Bottom