• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Interviews Smashers Before the Invitational

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Major League Gaming interviewed many of the invited Smashers prior to the Smash Bros Wii U Invitational which will occur today at 4PM PDT. Check out the reactions of DJNintendo, KoreanDJ, Hugs, and Ken, among others, to the awesome news and the development of the next Super Smash Brothers title.

Meis

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, Nintendo calls those guys to play Super Smash Bros on the E3 and I only get calls from this guy:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I just got done watching this. It was amazing (although the sappy music did help a little)

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
That was pretty awesome, I agree with Ken at the end. Dash dancing, DI, and L-canceling are enough to make it really competitive, we don't necessarily need wave-dashing.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
how i imagine those players be like when they got the call:

About the wavedashing n stuff:
yeah Let's just hope they leave that as something unique to the previous smashgames... I'd like to have a freshly new smash without all these so called advanced techniques which are actually glitches to be used for strange movements...

Last edited:

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I see they threw us a bone. Hugs and Ken mentioned mechanics they want in the game. I guess we'll see if that means anything.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
It seems like multiple airdodges are still in, so I don't think wavedashing is in. L-Cancelling is a possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath. DI I think is probably a given. Dash Dancing will be in, the only reason it wasn't useful in Brawl is because of tripping. obviously the DDs were shorter in brawl than in melee but they still could have been useful.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This is pretty cool having some of the oldbies come back. I doubt L-Canceling is coming back like some of them hoped. But I agree, because in Brawl, only some character attacks were auto-canceled and others weren't.

metaXzero

Smash Champion

yeah Let's just hope they leave that as something unique to the previous smashgames... I'd like to have a freshly new smash without all these so called advanced techniques which are actually glitches to be used for strange movements...
Reminder combos were glitches when they were first discovered in Street Fighter. Wonder what Street Fighter would've became if Capcom had taken your view and left combos out in sequels.

I wouldn't mind wavedashing not returning if they gave us new stuff to play around with. But based on Brawl and what little we've seen in the new Smash game, I don't expect much. We'd be lucky to get true hitstun and true dash dancing back.

We'll see though what this game has in store though.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice

Wavedashing isn't a glitch, it's part of the physics.

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
He's just mad cause he can't wavedash and or dosent use it right.. Other wise there would be no real reason for someone to want that removed, "yeah wave dashing and landing opens up a lot of movement options for me....I'd like that out of smash 4 please" lol

Last edited:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Neither wavedashing nor L-Canceling is a glitch, they are both intended game mechanics.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Neither wavedashing nor L-Canceling is a glitch, they are both intended game mechanics.
lol wavedashing no glitch? come on =') it's a bit too hard to master to actually be an intended game mechanic... not saying i'm not able to master it, but be objective here... does it look normal? it is displayed in how to play? Just because it became something 'normal' because of the majority using it, doesn't mean it is meant to be so...

Top Bottom