• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Championship: Dallas 2010 - November 5th-7th - $35,000 in prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
No me and tyrant are winning teams!!! >D

and lol at the beginning of the season M2k thought the mlg ruleset would end up getting mk banned

turned out it just banned him

das good sheeeeeeee

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Good **** JV! Explaining the reasoning.

The reason people were saying MLG needs more attendance is to show that we are really a dedicated community that deserves MLG's attention. Considering MLG doesn't exactly have Nintendo's backing (AFAIK) having high attendance is one of the only things we can actually contribute since the company behind the game won't...

heytallman

CTALL
Good **** JV! Explaining the reasoning.

The reason people were saying MLG needs more attendance is to show that we are really a dedicated community that deserves MLG's attention. Considering MLG doesn't exactly have Nintendo's backing (AFAIK) having high attendance is one of the only things we can actually contribute since the company behind the game won't...
This. Has anyone seen Nintendo's "official" rules for Pokemon tournaments? Nintendo has no concept of the word "competition."

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I understand how disrespectful and disgraceful sharing money can be for professional competition, and I can understand some form of punitive action. What I dont understand is such a strong reaction from such an unclear violation, as by your wording it sounds like theres not really any evidence for the direct violation of the rule theyre being accused of, throwing matches or "intentional Forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate Rankings or Brackets". It makes sense that you wouldnt want money shared, but it seems like punishments for that alone is pretty big especially since the point could have been made clearer.

Anyways, I hope the event goes well regardless.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Everybody needs to stop attacking Jason and Wyatt. You don't know what happened. You can't prove anything because everything you all have on them is subjective and all you're creating is conjecture.

Jason, Wyatt, and God know what happened. Nobody else. So stop acting like you have the jurisdiction to tell anybody anything about the situation.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No he didn't. If it's not coming from m2k's mouth, it isn't 100 percent legitimate. Even though he posted a convo, it's still hearsay until M2K posts. Who knows if Alex Strife changed some of the IMs in the conversation to some benefit? Don't be ignorant.

No ESAM, you can't be proven guilty off hearsay rofl.
qft

WAIT WTF is this serious? Me and adhd did NOT split before the set at all. HE NEVER EVEN GAVE ME THE MONEY AT ALL, he just PLANS to sometime. The ONLY reason he was going to is because he knows my financial issues at home while he doesn't really need the money. I had a really crappy controller at MLG DC so I had NO confidence in beating ADHD in a 3/5 set or rich brown. I still tried to beat both of them, I was just super handicapped that day and had a mental block because of controller. I'm always like that with controllers. I STILL TRIED TO BEAT THEM BUT I CAN NEVER ****ING BEAT ADHD FOR SOME REASON. I did NOT "let adhd win" AT ALL. HE DIDN'T EVEN AGREE TO IT. AFTER the tournament ended, he said he'd give me some extra money because he FELT BAD. That is the ONLY reason adhd is PLANNING to give me ANY money, because he feels bad for me. Our set was real and I did try my hardest I just SUCKED *** that day. You guys have your story ALL wrong -________-
hey, he actually posted himself

Sky`

Smash Lord
And if JV is going to talk about professionalism then there should be some fine lines between what is and what isn't professional.

I'm pretty sure that showing up 30mins late to a match would constitute as unprofessional in any scenario, right Ally?

Or crying and complaining until you get a win would constitute as unprofessional, right vVv?

I hate to bring in the line drawing fallacy, but if you're going to ban them on speculation, then ban the people who have hard Evidence of their unprofessional conduct. Either get rid of anything you wouldn't put MLG's name on, or get rid of nobody.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
is this where we go now?

Since, alot of people are going to view this.

Money matches at Dallas anyone?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
WAIT WTF is this serious? Me and adhd did NOT split before the set at all. HE NEVER EVEN GAVE ME THE MONEY AT ALL, he just PLANS to sometime. The ONLY reason he was going to is because he knows my financial issues at home while he doesn't really need the money. I had a really crappy controller at MLG DC so I had NO confidence in beating ADHD in a 3/5 set or rich brown. I still tried to beat both of them, I was just super handicapped that day and had a mental block because of controller. I'm always like that with controllers. I STILL TRIED TO BEAT THEM BUT I CAN NEVER ****ING BEAT ADHD FOR SOME REASON. I did NOT "let adhd win" AT ALL. HE DIDN'T EVEN AGREE TO IT. AFTER the tournament ended, he said he'd give me some extra money because he FELT BAD. That is the ONLY reason adhd is PLANNING to give me ANY money, because he feels bad for me. Our set was real and I did try my hardest I just SUCKED *** that day. You guys have your story ALL wrong -________-

You still shouldn't down b....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Ally, the reminds me... we still haven't done our MM. XD

So count me in for that MM in the hotel.

:069:

Iliad

Smash Lord
Yo inui, watch out. I heard Swordgard is coming to this tourney specifically to hunt you down.

He wants dat revenge shiz.

Also, trolling aside. If ADHD and M2k aren't available for this tourney, who're you guys calling to win?

I'm thinking Lee, Ally, or Razer.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yo inui, watch out. I heard Swordgard is coming to this tourney specifically to hunt you down.

He wants dat revenge shiz.
He wants to be 0-3 with me, and possibly 0-4? I'm fine with that.

I've never lost to Canada except Ally. I beat Holy, Swordgard x 2, and KingAce. :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Holy would **** you, so would SG without people ****ing his ears up.
But they didn't win when we played. :)

I doubt Holy would **** me wtf... Just looking at his performance at Apex 2 and playing him in doubles and watching him against certain people we seem to be about the same skill level overall with my MK being the better MK.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
But they didn't win when we played. :)

I doubt Holy would **** me wtf... Just looking at his performance at Apex 2 and playing him in doubles and watching him against certain people we seem to be about the same skill level overall with my MK being the better MK.
If he ever plays you, he'll beat you, the only difference is you having more MU exp with some chars. But I'm serious, both of those would beat you if they were used to people yelling.

NO more drama I am very stressed right now with lots of **** going on and how bad some people TRULY are.

Fats, I ***** at MP1. Gtfo with that trash :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom