• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Brawl 2010 Matchslip Statistics and Analysis

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Few points i randonly thought of..

About the "2nd FD" point... I bet ya if people had 2 bans, SV would have a lot more bans against it. (as well as RC and brinstar probably jumping over FD in bans too)

At the whole "FD shouldn't be a starter"

I agree with this.. I think when ot comes to striking there should be more thought with which stages get strike.. FD is almost always one of the first stage striked.. I think a stage should shouldn't be a starter if its like that :/ i'm all for CS as a starter.. Stadiums are a stallfest during transformations, i'm more inclined to CS which wouldn't have that

I'm wondering the data of all the game 1 stages.. As in the most played stage from striking.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
You realize the statue portion of CS is a massive stallfest too right?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hmm i can't disagree completely but people can refresh thier moves (or stale certain moves to combo), so there is a risk to stalling away from the statues.

But as a starter most people who would stall the 2nd part would also strike it i assume...

Ps1 is universally a stallfest from what i see while CS would have less..

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The only people to ever play Bowser at an MLG Brawl event were me (7 games) and NickRiddle (1 game), lol.

Props to Nick for repping the Koopa King for a game, whatever his reason may be. ;)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hmm i can't disagree completely but people can refresh thier moves (or stale certain moves to combo), so there is a risk to stalling away from the statues.

But as a starter most people who would stall the 2nd part would also strike it i assume...

Ps1 is universally a stallfest from what i see while CS would have less..

I wouldn't strike it. If you like the rest of the stage, no harm in going there and stalling that part.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hmm.. Well i dunno how campfest goes for characters i'm not familiar with, but as Ike, only char i truely stall camp is DDD.. I just do a silly QD back and forth at the top platforms and even then its not safe for me completely... Though i guess more aerial mobile chars can do that stall better.. But why would they o.O (besides a time-out but its not an op tactic... Plus the other two parts inhibit time-outs being small (first) and platformless (3rd))

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Just a (very) small update. I'm working on getting matchslips available to the public to use, so here's a template:

And here's an example of a filled out template:

Go nuts!

Top Bottom