• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs Ike question...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I was wondering...

what advantages does mike have over MK and vice versa?

I hope this starts a argument but not a war...

__V

Smash Journeyman
D.I.C.K. removed Ike's ability to combat MK. It automatically cancels quickdraw, and leaves him totally open.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Ike's Favor:
- Against an Up+B spam, Ike wins with his own...
- Super strong attack against super light character...

Metaknight's Favor:
- Quick, agile...
- Can gimp Ike...

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
D.I.C.K. removed Ike's ability to combat MK. It automatically cancels quickdraw, and leaves him totally open.
randomly browsing forums I never thought of it like that wow that sucks and he asked the same questions in the mk forums. Which side are you trying to play..

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
Ike:
-Outranges MK
-More power
-Heavier thus harder to kill
-Can kill MK at early percentages

MK:
-Faster
-Gimping ability
-Amazing recovery options
-Very little lag on any of his aerials

In this matchup I believe that the key concept the Ike player must achieve is proper spacing. If the Ike player can do this then it will be much more difficult for the MK to approach. The aerial of choice that you will be relying on alot is nair since it has very little lag and it covers a 270 degrees radius around Ike. Fair is also a good choice, but not as safe as nair. However, if you can space his fair then it should be able to beat out anything that MK can do, the most annoying being tornado. Do NOT to use any of your attacks that have horrendous lag afterwards unless you know that you can't be punished. If MK gets to close the jab combo should be able to get him out of your comfort zone.

In reguards to recovering with Ike it is vital that you recover ABOVE the stage whenever you have the chance. Ike can get gimped to hell and back so you must take the upmost precaution. Just be patient and be prepared for the shuttle loop or whatever else you think that MK can do offstage.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Well, with that dimensional cape infinite crap this mathc up goes from very hard to impossible, but since most competitive environments are banning it, Ike can win.

Ike can kill Meta at very early percantages. That is pretty much the only advantage he has.

Eruption and Counter work wonders vs Meta. Being deceptive with your rolling helps a lot as well, and jab jab jab jab jab of course.

Full block tornado, and try to sidestep at the last "rotation" to get a a decent punish.

This match up is just instincts and playing smart. If you secondary somebody like Falco or Luigi I would suggest using them.

Top Bottom