• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK top tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavE P

Smash Cadet
all of the vids ive seen MK is kicking sum ***. hes fast, strong, has combo ability amazing recovery( wings allow him to glide) looks like MK might be top tier. anyone else agree? only draw backs i see is that he has inherited kirbys useless grabs. lets hope they arent as easy to get out of as in melee. basically marth and kirby had babies and had MK.

Rance

Smash Cadet
MK was top tier before Nintendo even thought of putting him in Brawl... that's how bad@$$ he is.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
As for now...He looks like marth did back when the GC verson came out. He's easy to pick up and play apparently, and can do so much with little disadvantage ( apparently he has only a few kill moves >_<; ). Yet we don't know everything...Something like fox/falco might happen and drop him a bunch, like say Dedede's got the speed of peach's turnips and the power of bowswer w/ no flinching making im even more higer...Or sonic's speed w/ control is harder to fight agenst a sheak...

Again, too much is up in the air now...but he does look like he could be high...if not high mid...>_>;

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
We can't assume anything. It was a demo, there were limited characters, and the people playing were the total suck.

I'm sure he'll be a great character, but can you say that if there was a really good Brawl Bowser player against MK, MK would still own Bowser?

Somehow I doubt it, and it looks like Brawl is going to have some good balance tweaks.

LordIke100

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen, the newcomers are good in this order:

1. Meta Knight
2. Ike
3. Sonic
4. Diddy Kong
5. Pit

I have to admit Meta Knight is better than Ike, my future main:laugh:, he is very good, fast and with a great recovery.

;)

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
MK was top tier before Nintendo even thought of putting him in Brawl... that's how bad@$$ he is.
agreed. after seeing some of the combos he's been doing in the demos, he's kicking butt and taking names.

i have to say, if marth isn't in i'm definitely making him my main. I mean, he's strong, has AMAZING recovery, and the rapid hits will definitely open up combo after combo opportunity.

All in all, i'd say he is top tier.

smashbot226

Smash Master
grrr....

Meta Knight is NOT going to be top tier!

1: He is combo reliant to deal damage AND kill at the same time.

2: He is slightly heavier than Kirby, but not by much.

3: His Final Smash is easy to avoid... just stay away.

and my biggest pet peeve...

4: No projectile or move to deter projectiles.

At least Ike has Counter and Sonic, to some extent, has Spring Bounce, but Meta Knight...

:cry:

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd

Isnt Fox aswell?

His fastness kinda screws weight over.

All you have to do is stand in front. Not hard at all.

Actually. His Down+B is a Teleport. However, he can teleport a small distance. He can also TELEPORT in place to avoid projectiles, and possibly even attacks. When he teleports, he gives a small slash.

smashbot226

Smash Master
1: Fox is much stronger than Meta Knight and can actually deal considerable damage off of mostly lucky shots and well planned blows.

2: Not if you get him in your grasp, which is also his grasp. However, that won't matter if he gets launched for a combo.

3: Thank you for proving my point even further.

4: His Down B has a slow recovery, and for fast characters such as Pikachu and Diddy, basically says "PUNISH ME" above his head during recovery. Worse yet, he teleports a short distance + Heavy char, lets say Ike + slow recovery on Meta Knight's part = death.

Meta Kngith for Middle or Second Tier!

Mike1993

Smash Rookie
Man! It doesnt even matter what tier a character is in, as long as you yourself can play well with him, who else cares? Samus isnt a top tier, but i play well with her on Melee, and havnt lost a game yet. Well since i actually got good. I'm gonna be using MK, and im not bothered about all this bullcrap you are pointing out, i just wanna have fun with the game, not point out all of the 'technical difficulties'. God

RedKnight

Smash Ace
While I don't think there will be tiers in this game like there were in Melee, I tink the level of skill between tiers will be alot closer, and Meta Knight will probably go in one of the top ones

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
1: Fox is much stronger than Meta Knight and can actually deal considerable damage off of mostly lucky shots and well planned blows.

2: Not if you get him in your grasp, which is also his grasp. However, that won't matter if he gets launched for a combo.

3: Thank you for proving my point even further.

4: His Down B has a slow recovery, and for fast characters such as Pikachu and Diddy, basically says "PUNISH ME" above his head during recovery. Worse yet, he teleports a short distance + Heavy char, lets say Ike + slow recovery on Meta Knight's part = death.

Meta Kngith for Middle or Second Tier!
1. Stronger, but lost MANY techniques on which he cannot use. Some are messed up. That solve your question?

2. Anyways, FS's really dont matter anyways, since we're pretty much talking about competitive play.

3. How?

4. Excuse me?

Smashbot, I've lost my trust in you. I thought you were actually smart.

Look at the t!mmy videos you moron.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
ahh... hooray for something that couldve been posted in my topic. your just going off MK's total uberness in the kirby games. like I said...

but relying on very few moves and combos, like you have posted, one can only expect somebody to realize this and develop a strategy mid battle, one has to consider his dismal damage to get even more dismal with stale moves. against the new amazing Bowser I'm not worried about early game. Later when Bowser has plenty of killing tools left, Meta used them all killing him. I suppose against a lighter person, while I use Bowser as an example, the playing ground may be more equal, but I'm worried Meta can only use 2 or 3 moves as a practical way to kill somebody. In "You Must Recover" the worst update ever, we see Meta with a probable Fsmash, knocking mario away, but I'm worried about the drill dulling, and not having another bit.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
all of the vids ive seen MK is kicking sum ***. hes fast, strong, has combo ability amazing recovery( wings allow him to glide) looks like MK might be top tier. anyone else agree? only draw backs i see is that he has inherited kirbys useless grabs. lets hope they arent as easy to get out of as in melee. basically marth and kirby had babies and had MK.

Yea, unfortunatly he will be top tier, surpass Buddha, and everyone will use him like fox.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
grrr....

At least Ike has Counter and Sonic, to some extent, has Spring Bounce, but Meta Knight...

1: Isnt that sorta the point of this game, to get peoples damage up, THEN KO them, besides combos look cool

2:Hes also fast and has decent recovery

3:Most likely someone is gonna try and beat it out of you so they HAVE to come near, and if they dont, you chase them, which WONT make you lose your FS, unless you are stupid and waste it. MK's FS just takes a little skill to use, thats not bad

4:Down B makes him dissapear thats OK, he has a shield, not everyone has a projectile

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
well, 2:Hes also fast and has decent recovery

unfortunately for you, according to T!mmy, Mk actually has about the same move speed as everybody else. and bad air speed apparently

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
animal if your saying fox will be top tier, fox is supposed to be nerfed from melee

EDIT: smashbot.... are you saying sonic has a move to deter projectiles? you did say....

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i was thinking that metaknight was 1 of the coolest people in the demo next to my fav character pikachu :)

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Gimpyfish said Metaknight's final smash can be comboed into (aireal to final smash)...

Thats all I have to say

DavE P

Smash Cadet
grrr....

1. whats that fun in the game if u just rack off damage with random hits and smash to kill. combos is what makes smash fun and takes skill.

2.he has badass recovery so who cares.

3.alot of people are deciding to turn off final smashes when they play becauses it ruins the fun of smash because u should do combos to rack up damgage not to do a crap load of damage with the press of a button and the right positioning. final smashes will probably not even be used to major tournament and play.

4. marth didnt have a projectile and he kicked total ***. ken is proof of that. and he can block and reflect projectiles with his cape ive seen it in the trailer, alot like marios cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom