• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Controller schemes

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
So I've recently started setting L to special for easier IDCs, and finally decided to swallow my pride and turn tapjump off, since I don't really see what it'd be useful for and was just sort of in the way. Does anyone else have any useful alternate controller schemes?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find tap jump to be really useful/helpful, but I do like the idea of an extra button for DC to make it easier to do quickly. I'll have to look into that...

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
My control scheme is
X=grab
R=jump.
No tap jump.

Easy to do OoS options. Also helps me do two up airs in one short hop.

As for X being grab, its a personal preference.

Personally my fingers are fast enough to do IDCs OoS no problem. But I can see why making L special would help with that.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
If you play Melee, never turn tap jump off. Or if you're playing characters that utilize DJCs. But then again, it may be good to use tap jump for MK. I guess it really depends on your style, but uair combos are easier to do with it.

But because I don't use the x button too much (unless it's Jiggs), I always use that for footstools.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Tap jump off. X to footstool. R to attack.
If you play Melee, tap jump should be on but I focus on PM and tap jump off is generally better if available. At least if you claw because then you have the jump button available all the time.

Last edited:

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Default:

Out of shield options (UP B OOS)
Personally, in melee I would hold down r when plugging in my controller to set hard shield input for yoshi stuff so I cant use R for anything other than shield.
Likewise I keep X and Y both open for yoshi movement stuff in melee.

Top Bottom