• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK and lag: worse than other characters?

ckm

Smash Journeyman
I main MK, so I dont play many other characters seriously on wifi... but when its laggy I seem to have a REALLY tough time performing my fast-finger arial tricks and return acrobatics. Attacks come out wrong, with the wrong timing, and I kill myself trying to do things like reverse shuttle loops. Is MK worse than other characters with lag?

Dojo

Smash Champion
MK is pretty much unplayable on wifi. Glide attacks are ruined completely, timed moves are all off everywhere, and with his lack of projectiles and a strong defensive game if you must play with him, its a spam and spam some more game. Spotdodges, dsmashes and tornados are pretty much the way to gay it up on wifi.

I personally really dislike playing with him on wifi at all and keep it to a minimum. Any of the advanced offensive tactics of MK are pretty much nullified.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I actually find MK to be easier to control with in laggy fights as opposed to other characters, especially characters that demand precision and a lot of careful timing. That said, it is quite easy to **** up on planned attacks in the middle of lag, and gliding beneath the stage is extremely risky since you're gambling on the chance that you don't glide to your doom because of the mishaps of lag.

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK is pretty much unplayable on wifi. Glide attacks are ruined completely, timed moves are all off everywhere, and with his lack of projectiles and a strong defensive game if you must play with him, its a spam and spam some more game. Spotdodges, dsmashes and tornados are pretty much the way to gay it up on wifi.

I personally really dislike playing with him on wifi at all and keep it to a minimum. Any of the advanced offensive tactics of MK are pretty much nullified.
I've had my fair share of laggy matches, but for the most part I can perform pretty well with him on Wifi. The lag isn't quite prominent nowadays, at least from my perspective.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Ah well, I haven't been on in quite some time. Any lag at all really just ruins it for me. Brawl is alreay a slower paced game compared to how melee was. I've made my switch over as soon as it came out and I love the game now, but any extra unneeded lag that slows it down even more just gets to me.

I'm picky I know. xD

Master Raven

Smash Master
Lol, I know how you feel. When I play offline matches I weep over how you don't see smooth, spectacular matches like that more often on Wifi.

juantendo8

Smash Cadet
I feel that lag is still manageable with MK. However, it DOES affect him more than other characters just because his moves rely on being instantaneous and he cannot be as agressive on his approach because the timing of all his attacks is off. Since most start and end so quickly, it is very easy to get punished out of timing errors. I also main ROB and I can tell you that he takes the lag MUCH more gracefully than MK. Spamming neutral-a is amazingly effective in the lag because of its amazing range, priority, and duration. If you fast fall it from above, I swear it almost never misses its mark. His projectiles are also easier to use in the lag. Overall, lag throws off more aspects of MK's game than most other characters (I'm looking at you Ike!) and while he is very capable, he will have to adjust much more greatly (which could throw off your timing for non-online play) or work a lot harder than others.

Trust me, just use MK when you have a very good connection or you are not playing online to WIN.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
He isn't hit as hard as a character, or player for that matter,that needs specific timing and lag can screw your rythym up.A character like SOnic has a hard time in lag because the timing needs to be precise or you're done.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he is unplayable but I can definitely notice a difference when playing him in a laggy match. He certainly is harder to play than most characters but its not as bad as characters like Snake.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
The better I get with MK, the worse I get at using him on wifi. MK requires precision, and one wrong move can cost MK a stock. Online, that happens to me quite often.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
If you get use to it and time your inputs is not so bad..just make sure you dont rush in very often that will kill you much faster cause of the lag.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
WIFI- you gotta have ur wifi char... usually and char thats got a smash attack that kills around 40.....SO DEFINATEELY NOT A METAPIG.....

Top Bottom