• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Missing Assist Trophies. Thoughts and Speculation.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
All right people? I know you all LOVE to speculate about the playable fighters, but here I am with a game, debate about something that's really been bothering me. Assist Trophies. Hear me out, at present we have exactly 40 Assist Trophies, and from the Directs we know there's at LEAST 10 more.

So.. I'm going to drop the list of all past ATs that have yet to appear and say yay or nay to their re-appearance. Let's see what the other players think about this and see if you feel this is as strange as I do.

1. Chain Chomp (Very likely)
2. Lakitu and Spinies (Not as likely to return)
3. Skull Kid (Possibly Boss or Playable)
4. Tingle (Return to stage Element, not happening)
5. Nightmare (Very Likely)
6/7 Magnus/Phosphora (Very likely one or both will return, this is the biggest WTF to me)
8. Kat & Ana (Mainstay of the series, no reason to drop)
9. Shadow (Possibly Playable)
10. Mr. Resetti (Gone still)
11. Elec Man (Maybe)
12. Barbara (Not likely)
13. Devil (Not likely)
14. Dillon (Strong Maybe)
15. Excitebikes (Not Sure)
16. Helirin (Not Likely)
17. Infantry and Tanks (Not Likely)
18. Isaac (Most likely playable or not at all - Isaac fans I mean no disrespect! I'm one of you!)
19. Jill (Not sure)
20. Ray Mk III (Not likely)
21. Sable Prince (Very Likely)
22. Saki Amamiya (Very Likely)

Now, on my end I have no idea what other potential NEW Assist Trophies there are, so I'm not even going to try but I'd love to see your thoughts.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, here's my thoughts on the missing ATs:

ATs That Are Most Likely Playable:
Shadow
Isaac

Most Likely Staying ATs:
Sable Prince
Chain Chomp
Lakitu
Infantry & Tanks
Nightmare
Magnus
Phosphora

ATs That I Am Not Sure About:
Jill
Skull Kid
Dillon
Tingle

ATs That I Hope Get Promoted
Saki Amamiya
Kat & Ana

ATs That Are Most Likely Gone:
Elec Man
Devil
Helirin
Barbara
Ray
Mr. Resetti
Excitebikes

Last edited:

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I sorted them into groups

Highly Likely
Chain Chomp
Kat & Ana
Saki Amamiya
Dillon
Sable Prince
Magnus

Likely
Phosphora
Elec Man
Lakitu & Spines
Nightmare

Possible
Skull Kid (Possibly Playable/Boss)
Devil

Unlikely
Ray MK II
Shadow (Possibly Playable)
Barbara
Excitebikes

Highly Unlikely
Isaac (Possibly Playable)
Jill
Helirin
Infantry and Tanks
Mr. Resetti

Here's some Assist Trophy ideas

Thwomp (Mario)- After someone mentioned this in the Rate Their Chances thread, I thought how cool it would actually be. He just sits at the top of the screen and rotates from left to right, smashing down on players every so often.

Goombas (Mario)- A hoard of Goombas storm the stage and take some players with you. Others get lot in the shuffle, making keeping track of where you are quite difficult.

Guardian (The Legend of Zelda)- This might work better as a boss, but if not an Assist Trophy would fit well too. It could either move around the stage or appear in the background and shoot one deadly laser, doing a huge amount of damage.

Hedlok- If an ARMS character is not playable in the base game, an Assist Trophy could still be possible. This one seems like an obvious addition; whoever opens the AT gets latched onto by Hedlok and temporarily has four more arms. This could be hard to implicate into the game I guess due to some characters not having big enough arms like Kirby or Pikachu, but it could be possible.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Back on GameFAQs, I made a topic about a prediction game for the Assist Trophies. I asked everybody to rank the ATs as Promoted (became playable. Worth 5 points for a correct guess. If you guess promoted but get it wrong, you suffer a 1 point penalty), Unpromoted (is still an Assist Trophy. Worth 2 points), or Excluded (not in the game at all. Worth 1 point). Perhaps we could do a similar thing here?

Regardless, here were my predictions (after removing Isabelle from the list, since I originally made them before the September Direct):

Assist Trophies unique to Brawl:
Barbara - Unpromoted
Excitebike - Excluded
Helirin - Excluded
Isaac - Excluded (sorry Isaac fans, but I don't think he'll be here)
Jill - Excluded
Mr. Resetti - Excluded
Ray MK III - Excluded

Assist Trophies unique to Smash 4
Chain Chomp - Unpromoted
Dillon - Promoted
Elec Man - Excluded
Magnus - Unpromoted
Nightmare - Excluded
Phosphora - Unpromoted
Sable Prince - Unpromoted
Skull Kid - Promoted

Assist Trophies present in both Brawl and Smash 4
Devil - Excluded
Infantry and Tanks - Unpromoted
Kat and Ana - Promoted
Lakitu - Unpromoted
Saki Amamiya - Unpromoted
Shadow - Promoted
Tingle - Excluded (he's already on Great Bay)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's my ranking of each missing AT of their odds of becoming playable (that I can reasonably see as playable characters):

1. Shadow
2. Isaac
3. Dillon
4. Kat & Ana
5. Saki Amamiya
6. Sable Prince
7. Jill
8. Magnus
9. Phosphora
10. Skull Kid
11. Barbara
12. Ray

Arthur97

Smash Master
I'm actually not so sure about Nightmare returning. The effect was...lackluster.

The only one I would probably want playable would be Shadow.

UpgradeX

Smash Cadet
One of the reasons that I want Shadow is so I can make a match with only edgy characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I only care about Phosphora being playable outta that batch. The true suspicion of the disappearance of Phosphora/Magnus ATs, as well as the blog not showing anything Kid Icarus at all save for Pit and Pittoo spotlight (Palutena is still not shown yet) does have me thinking we will get a new Kid Icarus rep, which I personally hope it's Phosphora or Medusa, The only new KI thing that was shown was the Insight Staff as an item, and the X-bomb was still present in the demo, but none of the other KI items iirc.

Much of the Kid Icarus content that was once in s4 before have disappeared for now, though I assume the reason would be because the game, current a demo at this point, wanted to balance the stuff between series, which also likely giving ATs more voiceovers (especially since some can be KO'd now). Whatever the case is, I hope we don't have to wait long regarding the Kid Icarus stuff we may get, and hopefully Phosphora as playable, and she does have chances. It's not like she'd be the first AT to be promoted into a playable character, for that spot belongs to Mac, but it may seem likely if we add Sakurai Bias to the equation., and I hope she could be a good choice.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I only care about Phosphora being playable outta that batch. The true suspicion of the disappearance of Phosphora/Magnus ATs, as well as the blog not showing anything Kid Icarus at all save for Pit and Pittoo spotlight (Palutena is still not shown yet) does have me thinking we will get a new Kid Icarus rep, which I personally hope it's Phosphora or Medusa, The only new KI thing that was shown was the Insight Staff as an item, and the X-bomb was still present in the demo, but none of the other KI items iirc.

Much of the Kid Icarus content that was once in s4 before have disappeared for now, though I assume the reason would be because the game, current a demo at this point, wanted to balance the stuff between series, which also likely giving ATs more voiceovers (especially since some can be KO'd now). Whatever the case is, I hope we don't have to wait long regarding the Kid Icarus stuff we may get, and hopefully Phosphora as playable, and she does have chances. It's not like she'd be the first AT to be promoted into a playable character, for that spot belongs to Mac, but it may seem likely if we add Sakurai Bias to the equation., and I hope she could be a good choice.
To be fair, KI really hasn't done anything since 4. Why would it get more fighters?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To be fair, KI really hasn't done anything since 4. Why would it get more fighters?
And K.Rool hasn't hasn't had a major role for a long time, yet he got in. If I had to be realistic, it'd be Medusa who likely would get in over Phosphora due to her status, being the 3rd of the 3 most important KI characters (I don't count Dark Pit for this since well, multiple reasons). We won't know for sure yet, but I'm still pulling for something KI related to come around, mainly at least one of the two characters I've named as I feel they have the highest chances from the KI world.

Arthur97

Smash Master
When has that stopped a series from getting a newcomer?
When they already have three? KI has one fighter for every game in the series.
And K.Rool hasn't hasn't had a major role for a long time, yet he got in. If I had to be realistic, it'd be Medusa who likely would get in over Phosphora due to her status, being the 3rd of the 3 most important KI characters (I don't count Dark Pit for this since well, multiple reasons). We won't know for sure yet, but I'm still pulling for something KI related to come around, mainly at least one of the two characters I've named as I feel they have the highest chances from the KI world.
Yes, but DK is still relevant and a major IP. KI is...not.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
While DK is a relevant franchise, K. Rool himself is not. The DK reboot games have used other villains. K. Rool's last appearance (outside of cameos) was Mario Super Sluggers, which released back in 2008. Also, Dark Samus hasn't been seen outside of cameos since Metroid Prime: Corruption and is dead in her own franchise.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
When they already have three? KI has one fighter for every game in the series.

Technically there is Of Myths & Monsters too, but that's not the point.

Regardless of one being major and relevant, you can never count some of the minor IPs out, though their chances may be slim. And even then, we can still believe Sakurai Bias may hold some influence on KI itself and that it's on the radar, especially since they got a new item via Insight Staff despite already having 6 items (Back Shield, Daybreak Drill, Killer Eye, Ore Clue, and X-bomb) and the two ATs that we know of already, but are currently MIA.

To put my standpoint in other words,, I still think Kid Icarus is still on the radar, and the potential Sakurai bias may be part of that influence, and my belief is that they're holding back KI info and such for now til later for reasons that I can imagine, most likely leading to new content for it, whether it be a new character, or something else that's big. At the same time, since KI is pretty vocal (well, Uprising anyways), I would assume that dialogue and voiceovers also hold ties to why more KI stuff isn't being talked about just yet, but may appear later on while the game is becoming more complete over time. I just hope I'm right on this, and it is a pretty reasonable and likely situation.

Arthur97

Smash Master
While DK is a relevant franchise, K. Rool himself is not. The DK reboot games have used other villains. K. Rool's last appearance (outside of cameos) was Mario Super Sluggers, which released back in 2008. Also, Dark Samus hasn't been seen outside of cameos since Metroid Prime: Corruption and is dead in her own franchise.
Again, their franchises are still breathing though, and both were highly requested. Don't see many requests for more KI content. Besides, K. Rool is the DK villain as none of the others have had much staying power.
Technically there is Of Myths & Monsters too, but that's not the point.

Regardless of one being major and relevant, you can never count some of the minor IPs out, though their chances may be slim. And even then, we can still believe Sakurai Bias may hold some influence on KI itself and that it's on the radar, especially since they got a new item via Insight Staff despite already having 6 items (Back Shield, Daybreak Drill, Killer Eye, Ore Clue, and X-bomb) and the two ATs that we know of already, but are currently MIA.

To put my standpoint in other words,, I still think Kid Icarus is still on the radar, and the potential Sakurai bias may be part of that influence, and my belief is that they're holding back KI info and such for now til later for reasons that I can imagine, most likely leading to new content for it, whether it be a new character, or something else that's big. At the same time, since KI is pretty vocal (well, Uprising anyways), I would assume that dialogue and voiceovers also hold ties to why more KI stuff isn't being talked about just yet, but may appear later on while the game is becoming more complete over time. I just hope I'm right on this, and it is a pretty reasonable and likely situation.
No, I included that in my count if it's the one I'm thinking of.

And Sakurai bias is a reason there shouldn't be a new fighter as it would be really hard for him to legitimately justify it. There was already a decent backlash of the overabundance of KI content in 4 despite it being such a minor franchise. As it stands, it has as many fighters as it does games. How many franchises can say that other than one-off retro series? It has plenty of representation if not too much as it is given that it's averaging about one game a decade. Adding in a minor character that most people don't care about will just bring about more cries of bias, and this time it would be harder to deny it.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Again, their franchises are still breathing though, and both were highly requested. Don't see many requests for more KI content. Besides, K. Rool is the DK villain as none of the others have had much staying power.

No, I included that in my count if it's the one I'm thinking of.

And Sakurai bias is a reason there shouldn't be a new fighter as it would be really hard for him to legitimately justify it. There was already a decent backlash of the overabundance of KI content in 4 despite it being such a minor franchise. As it stands, it has as many fighters as it does games. How many franchises can say that other than one-off retro series? It has plenty of representation if not too much as it is given that it's averaging about one game a decade. Adding in a minor character that most people don't care about will just bring about more cries of bias, and this time it would be harder to deny it.
In KI's defense, Uprising came to be after Brawl came out, and thus there were plenty of opportunities to bring in KI content in s4, so that part I can understand. And remember Pittoo actually could've had a unique moveset, but it was much easier to make him a clone/echo, and I assume time restrictions were a reason for that, as well as Medusa not being the 3rd spot.
Anyways, despite KI having quite the bit of characters for the amount of games they got, just knowing they got a new item put into this game means there may be something more for em in the future. As for why Phosphora has chances besides Medusa, remember Phosphora's structure has already been in Smash before, as an AT that is, so it could be easy for them to think of and give her something, and she has a full Chapter in KIU, including a boss battle, to base some moves on. For Medusa, same thing, minus Assist Trophy status, but add her high relevance as the big bad in KI (well, in the original anyways).

And remember what I said about dialogue? Updating Palutena's Guidance? Giving the characters new voice clips, including includes Phosphora and Magnus if they're still ATs (we know Pit got a new voiceclip via Star KO)?
As for the bias thing, I could look at Fire Emblem's huge roster despite it being popular all of a sudden, having 7 characters now, some being echos/semi-clones in a way, with two of em being partially there for advertising a Fire Emblem game, like Roy in Melee, and Corrin for s4.

But before I go far off, I've said my part about the potential both Phosphora and Medusa have respectively, and that the two KI Assist Trophies currently not shown anywhere atm did seem suspicious. I did not bring up Magnus much about being playable because I strongly doubt his chances as he likely will not bring anything new to the table, for he seems like a bland heavy sword user (where we have Ike for the heavy sword spot), but that's besides the point. What I'm trying to say is don't count Kid Icarus out just yet, especially the potential Medusa and Phosphora have.

D

Deleted member

You guys are all missing the most likely Assist Trophy to Character conversion:

Tingle

and most of you probably think I'm joking

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Good as this debate is, try and get back on track, we're noting which of the missing ATs will be back, why or why not, and which could be promotable. It's just weird that ALL the ATs for KI dropped I'll agree, but not sure I could read into that being a promotion.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry for the off-track, but it felt like a talk that I could actually participate in and be heated about.

My speculation regarding KI, their missing ATs, and all that I've said before does make it seem suspicious. Even if Phosphora isn't playable, the two ATs will definitely be back, and the franchise may even get a new AT as well. I still think part of the reason why some of the ATs in general are missing is either because of voiceover improvements or just improvements in general (which may be a reason why some of the other ATs are not present), some just not being relevant much anymore, something big going on, and/or the focus on gameplay first, and then onto the other things afterwards. Whatever is going on, I'll be on watch for new details to happen to see if I'm at least right on something. We're less than 2 months away, so that's quite the amount of time left to go.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for the off-track, but it felt like a talk that I could actually participate in and be heated about.

My speculation regarding KI, their missing ATs, and all that I've said before does make it seem suspicious. Even if Phosphora isn't playable, the two ATs will definitely be back, and the franchise may even get a new AT. I still think part of the reason why some of the ATs in general are missing is either because of voiceover improvements, something big going on, and/or the focus on gameplay first, and then onto the other things afterwards. Whatever is going on, I'll be on watch for new details to happen to see if I'm at least right on something. We're less than 2 months away, so that's quite the amount of time left to go.
Don't read too much into it, they might be just dividing the reveals.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales

My speculation regarding KI, their missing ATs, and all that I've said before does make it seem suspicious. Even if Phosphora isn't playable, the two ATs will definitely be back, and the franchise may even get a new AT as well. I still think part of the reason why some of the ATs in general are missing is either because of voiceover improvements or just improvements in general (which may be a reason why some of the other ATs are not present), some just not being relevant much anymore, something big going on, and/or the focus on gameplay first, and then onto the other things afterwards. Whatever is going on, I'll be on watch for new details to happen to see if I'm at least right on something. We're less than 2 months away, so that's quite the amount of time left to go.
Don't read too much into it, they might be just dividing the reveals.
This is true, it's odd that they're gone still, but we have 10 ATs left at the minimum, so those reasons could very well be why. That's why I opened it up, see what people thought would return, and which ones could be clues to something more. As for being off-track, don't worry about it, those are some good points being raised. Any thoughts on the other missing ATs besides the obvious ones? I can figure that some of them are redundant too.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Very likely to return
Kat & Ana
Chain Chomp
Sable Prince
Magnus
Phosphora

Likely to return
Infantry & Tanks
Lakitu & Spinies
Saki
Dillon
Devil
Nightmare

Former ATs who probably switched roles
Skull Kid (either playable or not in the game at all. Seemingly replaced by the Moon)
Tingle (present on Great Bay)
Shadow (might be an echo. Seemingly replaced by Knuckles)

Unlikely to return
Elec Man
Excitebikes

Very unlikely to return
Isaac
Jill
Ray Mk III
Barbara
Mr. Resetti
Helirin

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
As of this writing:

Most Likely to Return
Chain Chomp
Kat & Ana
Lakitu and Spinies
Magnus
Phosphora
Prince of Sablé
Saki Amamiya

Somewhat Likely to Return
Dillon
Elec Man
Infantry & Tanks
Nightmare
Tingle

Indeterminate (AKA "They may or may not get promoted to playable.")
Isaac
Shadow the Hedgehog
Skull Kid

Unlikely to Return
Barbara
Devil
Excitebikes
Helirin
Jill
Mr. Resetti
Ray MK III

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think it's fair to say that we shouldn't expect too many more promotions, especially given who we have left assist trophy wise. Here's my two cents on what we have left AT wise:

Most Likely to Return:
Chain Chomp
Phosphora
Magnus
Kat & Ana
Saki
Dillion
Prince Sable
Lakitu and Spines

All of these were in Smash 4, so I think it's safe to assume they'll be back. None of these are really new character material either (sorry, Kid Icarus has no reason to get a fourth rep), Dillion and Saki would be great though not inherently all that important on their own, Sable falls in to the too Japanese that Sakurai seems to have made a thing, and the rest just kind of work better as ATs.

Up For Promotion:
Isaac - Extremely popular on the ballot and has been absent entirely thus far. If there was one cut AT to return that definitely made complete sense if he wasn't playable or planned to be playable, I think Isaac would fit that bill. I think he's the most popular AT outside of Shadow not currently in the game to be honest. Sure, maybe it's limited to hardcore fans, but if Krystal got an AT spot I don't see why Isaac wouldn't at least get the same. Doesn't guarantee him, but it makes him very likely.

Shadow - He's the perfect Echo fighter and Knuckles is in as a different AT. I'd say that makes him the most likely AT to be promoted to playable at this point. I honestly believe him to be the most likely newcomer at this point. No real reason to remove his AT if he wasn't getting promoted in my opinion.

Skull Kid - May not get promoted in the way we think, but his absence along side all of the other weird stuff with Majora's Mask. No Young Link final smash reveal, the Moon assist trophy replacing him despite his popularity, the weird mushroom item taking his ability, the convenient timing of Majora's Mask 3D. There's a lot riding on him having a bigger role in this game. Though he could have just been held back too.

Have a Decent Chance to Return:
Nightmare - He's not the best AT and pretty annoying, but eh, no reason to cut him either per se.
Devil - The Squid Sisters might have taken his role, but he has shown up in the last two games, so there's that. He does at least do something a little differently.
Tingle - He might have a shot in a dual capacity for this game. He's a more unique assist trophy, so it'd make sense for him to come back. I honestly don't see a reason for him to be cut beyond the returning Great Bay stage...

Almost Definitely Gone:
Barbara - She's not too important or relevant, but now that the musical ability is cut from DK's final Smash, maybe she'll get a shot back in the game. I doubt it though.
Jill - A cool nod to a sadly now irrelevant and mostly forgotten game. As a unique AT she has a chance, but a very small one.
Excitebikes - Pretty popular IP from Nintendo that isn't represented in any capacity. I honestly think they might be re-introduced in this game as well just cause. They're a pretty big stretch though to be honest, and their AT effect wasn't the greatest.
Infantry and Tanks - Advance Wars could use some love in Smash, and they have a shot in the sense of retaining one of the older ones.

Just Gone:
Helirin - Seems like a more annoying one that they intentionally removed after Brawl. Super insignificant anyway.
Ray Mark III - With the trademark for Custom Robo, so is our beloved robo boy.
Elec Man - Zero is leagues better than he is and they seem to be replacing some assists for different reasons. Zero is a way better representative for an assist than Elec Man, so I think he's pretty much gone.
Mr. Resetti - Another nuisance type of assist that I believe they actively cut from Brawl. I think he IS significant and could still deserve a place, but I feel he is probably gone for good.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
What I find fascinating about the missing ATs is that Ultimate has been labeled as being the, well, ultimate version of Smash Brothers, the most definitive version of the series to date. Yet with missing stages and now missing ATs, I find it odd some cuts were made. Sure, I think it's because the game is so chock full of content they rather focus on the new characters than on quick character cameos, but I would definitely add all the old ATs for the sake of it being complete.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What I find fascinating about the missing ATs is that Ultimate has been labeled as being the, well, ultimate version of Smash Brothers, the most definitive version of the series to date. Yet with missing stages and now missing ATs, I find it odd some cuts were made. Sure, I think it's because the game is so chock full of content they rather focus on the new characters than on quick character cameos, but I would definitely add all the old ATs for the sake of it being complete.
If I was Sakurai, I would bring back all the Assist Trophies, songs, and stages back. But there is probably a limit in space and memory to how much they can put in the game. I'm sure they are probably saving the remaining missing stages from the franchise for DLC.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here are my thoughts on all 12 ATs that I can realistically see as a playable fighter, as well as links to their support threads (if they have one):

ATs in both Brawl and Smash 4:
Shadow: Shadow can be a very easy Echo of Sonic. If not an Echo, he will have a moveset comprising of his various Chaos powers. Come support Shadow here: https://smashboards.com/threads/the...for-smash-ultimate-echoes-of-the-past.455546/
Kat & Ana: I can see Kat & Ana getting in, but I'm not holding my breath. Come support Kat & Ana here: https://smashboards.com/threads/twi...amond-city-kat-ana-for-smash-ultimate.457314/
Saki Amamiya: Although the franchise is obscure, Sakurai is a big fan of Sin & Punishment, to the point where he modeled Kid Icarus: Uprising's gameplay of the Sin & Punishment series. Come support Saki here: https://smashboards.com/threads/the...for-smash-switch-treasure-still-lives.446564/

ATs that were only in Brawl:
Isaac: He's very popular despite coming from a rather obscure series of JRPGs. His Psynergy powers alone can make him stand out amongst the rest of the cast. Come support Isaac here: https://smashboards.com/threads/get...saac-for-smash-ultimate.446390/#post-21688406
Jill: She doesn't have the biggest chances, but she would be an interesting fighter to see. Come support Jill here: https://smashboards.com/threads/you-know-the-drill-jill-drill-dozer-support-thread.453614/
Barbara the Bat: A sound based fighter would be pretty interesting, but she's too obscure. However, she was the only cut Brawl AT (aside from Little Mac and Mr. Resetti) to get a trophy in Smash 4. Come support Barbara the Bat here: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-queen-of-rock-the-great-barbara-the-bat-support-thread.454537/
Ray: Although the series is very obscure, Ray would have an interesting moveset. His AT shows off the many unique attacks he can use, which include firing a barrage of energy attacks as well as explosive missiles. Come support Ray here: https://smashboards.com/threads/custom-robos-holosseum-champion-ray-for-smash-switch.450784/

ATs that were only in Smash 4:
Dillon: No. He will not be a Sonic Echo. He has attacks outside of spinning, which includes the use of the various crystals as well as claw swipes. Come support Dillon here: https://smashboards.com/threads/dillons-ultimate-western-dead-heat-smash.450939/#post-21861731
Sable Prince: He would be an interesting retro rep. His shapeshifting gimmick alone can create a unique moveset. Come support the Sable Prince here: https://smashboards.com/threads/the...-in-smash-ultimate-richard-as-an-echo.453994/
Magnus: He will not be an Echo of Ike. They only share the same archetype (heavy sword user). Sadly, Magnus does not have a support thread.
Phosphora: Although not the biggest character in Uprising, she does have her own chapter in the game (which comes with a boss fight) to base moves on. Sadly, Phosphora does not have a support thread.
Skull Kid: Would be cool to see, but I think that he'll be a boss this time around. Come support Skull Kid here: https://smashboards.com/threads/wer...-assist-trophy-promoted-another-to-go.447531/

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's a full list of all the ATs that are gone:

Saki Amamiya
Kat & Ana
Infantry & Tanks
Tingle
Lakitu
Ray
Barbara
Jill
Excitebikes
Helirin
Mr. Resetti
Elec Man
Magnus

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Here's a full list of all the ATs that are gone:

Saki Amamiya
Kat & Ana
Infantry & Tanks
Tingle
Lakitu
Ray
Barbara
Jill
Excitebikes
Helirin
Mr. Resetti
Elec Man
Magnus
thanks for putting together this list, honestly some of these really surprise me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
thanks for putting together this list, honestly some of these really surprise me.
Yeah. Magnus is the most surprising exclusion. He is one of only 2 ATs introduced in Smash 4 to not return for Ultimate, the other being Elec Man. However, Elec Man has an excuse to not come hack (he was replaced by other Mega Man ATs). Magnus does not have an excuse and he is also a Sakurai creation. Magnus's chances for DLC are very high as a result of all this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like Magnus as a character but his AT was kinda boring and it's not like ATs per franchises has a quota or characters Sakurai created get a special pass. I doubt we'll see him in this game.

Top Bottom