• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misfire Discussion

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's misfire doesn't seem to be discussed that often, so I decided to start this.

I'll start with some misfire combos and such.
-dthrow into misfire works on a majority of the middle weights and can kill around 50%
-uthrow into misfire works on spacies at lower %s and dthrow misfire works at higher %
-uair into misfire sometimes works but it depends on character weight and your opponents di
-utilt/usmash into misfire works kind of like uair into misfire but it is more reliable on spacies

Misfire helps Luigi get some really early kills and being able to store them is a big help

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Random misfire is dangerous though, I've lost games by it missing and not making it back, sure it could catch someone off guard and is a decent last ditch effort, but certain characters can outprioritize misfire so it ends up being a waste.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
yeah but seriously, don't do it from the edge of the stage trying to get your opponent, it is impossible to recover if you don't hit them. If you want to hit them out of it when they are recovering try to be closer to the stage. Random misfire on opponents on the stage can catch them off guard pretty easy sometimes though.

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Misfiring their recovery is pretty funny sometimes, just gotta know what you can hit, I've done some misfire mixups where I misfire offstage only to misfire back and win the match. You can probably mix up your attacks and then throw out a misfire

MrDoubleT

Smash Rookie
I love how for me, misfire only comes out when I'm about to die and will only survive if I get it. Misfires love me :joyful:

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
I tend to only throw out guaranteed hits...although every now and then I throw out a random. One time I got 3 random misfires in a row lol.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I usually chain D throws until I can't any more, then get one more D throw and blast off. I can't think of a lot of other ways to get it reliably, but be unexpected and make sure it's at point blank or nearly point blank. That's how I get most of mine

rikochet

Smash Cadet
Is there any way of getting the timing down to do it intentionally? Ive gotten a couple kills on spacies by d-throw and an immediate missfire and its always so amazing as if ive never seen it before lol. I just want to be able to missfire when i want to and not randomly.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Is there any way of getting the timing down to do it intentionally? Ive gotten a couple kills on spacies by d-throw and an immediate missfire and its always so amazing as if ive never seen it before lol. I just want to be able to missfire when i want to and not randomly.
It works on basically anybody really unless they're really floaty I'm sure

Top Bottom