• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misc. Pit info thread

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you have any FYI info about Pit, please post!

1. Gliding hassles
There is actually two ways to glide:
-Holding the Jump button
-Moving the joystick in a circle (so annoying and kills mindgames at times) This is obviously a programming error because jump tap is turned off. It is the same way if you change C stick to special and go crazy with it, any character will jump. dumb

Gliding momentum
If you glide with a good amount of momentum into the FD lip and cancel it with a jump, the momentum will carry you up into the ledge.

2. Odd Mirror Shield

There is one move so far that I found that you can reverse BEFORE the move attacks you. That move is Ganon's volcano kick (Utilt)

3. Useless Mirror shield
The space animals go right through the shield when using their side B so don't bother trying to flip them around as an edge guard tool.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm. I thought the utilt had a semi-spike, but I have never seen the dash attack one, but then again I never watch videos or use the dash attack, so I am not that surprised.

If it is not too much trouble can you upload the dash spike?

kupo15

Smash Hero
sure, Im in the process of going through 2 hours of matches from yesterday and picking out the best ones so when I come across it, I will. Did you mean the Usmash? I don't think the Utilt semi spike has been mentioned on the boards until this thread. I don't know the difference between spike and meteor in Brawl which is why I said spike to Usmash and Utilt. But I guess they are more like semi spikes.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It throws them down but not very fast. Ill post videos of both the running A and Utilt I guess. I don't have one of Usmash and everyone has seen the Dtilt meteor

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want to see these spikes to see if they work. Only 1 i knew about was the U-tilt one.
I prefer to see them in video.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You knew about the Utilt? Nice. I thought that everyone knew about the Dtilt and Usmash.

The Running A spike is being uploaded now. It was done over the ground so he doesn't die from it but it still is interesting. I will be putting (1 Video) and (2 Videos) in the title indicating when the Running attack and Utilt are uploaded respectively

EDIT:: Running attack uploaded

kupo15

Smash Hero
I am just pointing out that he has more spikes than we know of and the spike happens at 1:45. Ganon does his thunder storming thing, I wingdash into a running A spike.

I have done a Dtilt meteor at the edge to kill people before and maybe thee running attack meteor can work if you don't have the time to set up the Dtilt

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I did a bunch of testing, and I think it's safe to say the dash attack doesn't spike or meteor. Depending on the angle and distance you hit him, you can send them almost horizontal, but never low enough to be called a spike.

In the video you showed, Ganondorf was low enough to the ground, and he DI'd downward because of the D-air, to look like he was spiked. That's my guess anyway.

I tested the U-tilt, and I can't find a spike for it. Can you upload the video of that one?

kupo15

Smash Hero
But if D attack isn't a spike, then wouldn't it have shot him up like the other times in the same situation? I am going through my final 30 mins of video. hopefull it is there and I will post it when i come across it

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
First thing is... dash attack does not spike, it was merely SDI, most attacks (at about 50% and below) can be SDIed downward to the floor and then teched, I have seen it many times, I usmashed, with fox, a falco at about 48% and he slammed to the ground.

Also there is a thing called forbidden DI which is unrelated and I will let you find it, I know there is a thread about it somewhere.

Also your fourth thing is partly false, as far as I know right now. You can turn around wolf during his illusion, I do it to my friend all the time. But I do not know about Fox or Falco.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know about the circle the joystick makes you go into the glide but that explains a lot. Thanks for posting that.

For the spikes I have a vid of spiking off of pit's upsmash but if I'm understanding SDI correctly it may have just been the opponent did that and we happened to be on yoshi so he was able to miss the edge and die.

I've actually found the dtilt mildly useful. On yoshi island because the edges are kind of odd its somewhat possible to land this in a real game. Also on maps like delphino where your opponents may come through the bottom of the stage . Still its not very reliable and you often have better options but I wouldn't throw it completely out.

kupo15

Smash Hero
First thing is... dash attack does not spike, it was merely SDI, most attacks (at about 50% and below) can be SDIed downward to the floor and then teched, I have seen it many times, I usmashed, with fox, a falco at about 48% and he slammed to the ground.

Also there is a thing called forbidden DI which is unrelated and I will let you find it, I know there is a thread about it somewhere.

Also your fourth thing is partly false, as far as I know right now. You can turn around wolf during his illusion, I do it to my friend all the time. But I do not know about Fox or Falco.
Ok well then I guess the Utilt is the same way. I have never heard of a SDI.
Also, I have yet to turn the space animals around. They always go right through it for some reason. I will test that more but it hasn't worked yet.
Thanks for the post.

I didn't know about the circle the joystick makes you go into the glide but that explains a lot. Thanks for posting that.
Sure its odd and I think I died because of it.

I've actually found the dtilt mildly useful. On yoshi island because the edges are kind of odd its somewhat possible to land this in a real game. Also on maps like delphino where your opponents may come through the bottom of the stage . Still its not very reliable and you often have better options but I wouldn't throw it completely out.
I have also been able to spike people who try to ledge hop as well as A Pit recovering from the lower kill zone with WoI. I think you are right in saying that slanted edges are easier.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I have reached the end of the tape and didn't see the Utilt spike example. Maybe it'll happen soon. But it may be what Fzerox said as a form of DI sorry guys.

Top Bottom