• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Mirror of Truth or Palutena's Advice? Both available at all hours of the day

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Maybe it works like this....sometimes when you hit with the back part of moves it makes them go in the opposite direction e.g if you hit with the innermost part of pit's down smash it would make them go towards pit (effectively comboing into the second hit of his downsmash at lower percents). Maybe you hit with the innermost part of dtilt causing him to hit the stage and rebound off? It probably is a stage spike.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Could someone provide a gif comparing the speed of Dark pit and pit's arrows? Dark pit's seem fast from what i've played and seen.

Last edited:

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Okay so, uh, hi guys. I've been stalking Smashboards from afar for a while now, figured I'd finally join since I do have some questions, and would also like to participate in some conversations when I can.
I've been watching several of あーす/Earth's matches and came across an oddity with Pit's fsmash on Battlefield vs :4rob:. I can't post the link since I haven't posted much, but on Youtube it's /watch?v=ZKWtUQ2zb6g&feature=youtu.be&t=6m49s. Has anyone ever discussed / achieved this before? I didn't think that it had a hitbox there, which would reaaaally be a good thing to know about (if it isn't just a weird instance of extended hurtbox or something).

In a rather unrelated vein, I have a question concerning just general Pit play that I have been struggling with: how do you land safely when launched/thrown in the air on-stage? I have such a hard time not being punished when I land that I've gained an awful habit of rushing to try to grab the closest ledge just to avoid landing on the stage. Should I be spamming dair to try and keep any follow up aerials off of me? Should I be using all my jumps to try and avoid landing on top of a grounded opponent? Are orbitars safe to fall with? I noticed Earth use them occasionally, but it's usually just something I do in the face of a ZSS/MK up-b or Diddy u-air. It's too bad poor Pitty can't fly, because I really feel his lack of air movement when I'm getting juggled so easily.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Tested this out pits dtilt does in fact occasionally hit foes backwards diagonally which could have caused the stage spike. This is easiest to test on a sandbag that has fallen over.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Is there a compiled list of setups/combos (true or not) somewhere that I can look at?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
obligatory what's the difference between Pit and Dark Pit question...

I know it's the 1st question that was asked but that seems so long ago, so could I have a current answer please?

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Not sure if this deserves its own thread but I've been having a heck of a lot of trouble dealing with Ness. His aerials are better than mine and going against a guy like him with his kill options it's hard to keep him around for so long without paying the price.

A good Ness makes my arrows useless, it seems his recovery after his moves is too quick for me to punish anything. Ness really makes me feel like Pit is a completely average character that can't beat guys like him very often.

Please help!

Wa_Black

Smash Apprentice
can we get a thread dedicated to his aerial combat?
There's a lot of depth to it, so I think it should be in its own sections.
For example, when you go to fair somebody offstage who is recoverying high, it could easily be their demise if they get hit, so they air dodge, if they're falling towards the ledge, you should be able to fall, fast fall, or hop dair. I they jump, you could jump with them and bair (if you jumped the other direction), hop nair, or hop up air,

There's a lot of set ups the pits have when it comes to air to air, so much that I feel they should be compiled into one spot, I don't care where.

Xd0015

Smash Rookie
Can an expert Pit help me perfect my Pit skills? Like battle with me? I think I'm already a good Pit, but not good enough.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
Do we know ALL the (non-cosmetic) differences between Pit and Pittooey, Final Smash aside? I'm seeing mixed, scattered info everywhere.
Pit's Upperdash Arm kills earlier anywhere on the stage because it sends opponents upward. DP's Electroshock Arm kills later, and at the edge of the stage, but it works better against Rosa and heavies, because of the diagonal knockback. Pit's f-tilt also kills earlier. Pit's arrows are better. :T

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's Upperdash Arm kills earlier anywhere on the stage because it sends opponents upward. DP's Electroshock Arm kills later, and at the edge of the stage, but it works better against Rosa and heavies, because of the diagonal knockback. Pit's f-tilt also kills earlier. Pit's arrows are better. :T
Just a correction, the Electroshock can KO earlier then Upperdash if you're in a favorable position. Like on the edge of FD for example.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Stage spike. Looks like you hit him with the edge of an attack, he flew into the side of the stage, and bounced off to his demise.

This would probably be better off in a Q&A topic instead of it's own, but I'm not a mod so I can't do anything. But eh, question answered.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
He used all three double jumps, up+B'd too close to the ledge, then got stage spiked on the way down. Probably just some weird hitbox in the lower part of Falcon's upsmash.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Okay so, uh, hi guys. I've been stalking Smashboards from afar for a while now, figured I'd finally join since I do have some questions, and would also like to participate in some conversations when I can.
I've been watching several of あーす/Earth's matches and came across an oddity with Pit's fsmash on Battlefield vs :4rob:. I can't post the link since I haven't posted much, but on Youtube it's /watch?v=ZKWtUQ2zb6g&feature=youtu.be&t=6m49s. Has anyone ever discussed / achieved this before? I didn't think that it had a hitbox there, which would reaaaally be a good thing to know about (if it isn't just a weird instance of extended hurtbox or something).

In a rather unrelated vein, I have a question concerning just general Pit play that I have been struggling with: how do you land safely when launched/thrown in the air on-stage? I have such a hard time not being punished when I land that I've gained an awful habit of rushing to try to grab the closest ledge just to avoid landing on the stage. Should I be spamming dair to try and keep any follow up aerials off of me? Should I be using all my jumps to try and avoid landing on top of a grounded opponent? Are orbitars safe to fall with? I noticed Earth use them occasionally, but it's usually just something I do in the face of a ZSS/MK up-b or Diddy u-air. It's too bad poor Pitty can't fly, because I really feel his lack of air movement when I'm getting juggled so easily.
I have a lot of trouble landing, actually, but I had that issue with Little Mac so I'm not sure if it's me or the character. But I love the Guardian Orbiter's for landing purposes. They move the opponent safely out of the way and guarantee a safe landing if your opponent is coming up at you. You can even save yourself from the opponent if you use it right before they attack while they're waiting for you to land on the ground.

For projectiles, the orbitars don't get much use from me, but for landing and shielding against physical attackers and stage gimping, I use them often, especially landing.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I find that Orbies must be used very sparingly when landing. Sure, they push your opponent back when they appear, but the endlag means you can easily get grabbed out of it. In theory, if you could get the timing right and managed to activate them just as you're about to land, then switch back before you actually touch down, you should land as the endlag animation finishes. I'm not sure how viable an option that is, I'll have to test it out myself.

Spamming d-air when falling isn't a good idea. I have a habit of using d-air whenever I'm falling, and while it can be useful as a mixup, your opponent can predict it easily and you'll get shield-grabbed. I think Pit has a lot of trouble landing safely as standard. It's something you have to get used to, and my advice would be to try to mix things up and make sure your opponent doesn't read your landing (d-air is useful every so often, try also to veer aside and hit with b-air or possibly n-air if your opponent isn't shielding and you cancel before you land).

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
A dark pit just tanked my Ness's bat with his side b. Have much Super armor does it have???

Tails2Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tails2Link
As far as Pit getting down safely, I would try to bait their attacks out and hit em with a good ol’ side B and back away a safe distance. It works sometimes if they don't see it coming, but I try not to be too obvious about it.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I loved how at 0:11 you slid off the edge of the stage and did a fast fall dair. It would've been sweet if we can pull that off on characters like Olimar and DHD that can only recover vertically.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I loved how at 0:11 you slid off the edge of the stage and did a fast fall dair. It would've been sweet if we can pull that off on characters like Olimar and DHD that can only recover vertically.
Olimar can get a lot of horizontal distance with few pikmin.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mix up using Bairs/Fairs, landing and grabing, GOs if I feel like experimenting, and buffering a shield from a high airdodge/aerial for landing. Ofc that's really all you can do but eh.

Oftentimes I find it to be better to go for the ledge just because Pit still has great ledge options.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Does anyone know why Pit randomly does Bairs in the opposite direction you input for absolutely no reason on the 3DS version? As far as I can tell, it's not only me as I've seen it happen to other Pits on For Glory.

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Does anyone know why Pit randomly does Bairs in the opposite direction you input for absolutely no reason on the 3DS version? As far as I can tell, it's not only me as I've seen it happen to other Pits on For Glory.
I have this issue as well. It's especially annoying when it happens after a ledge trump, so that instead of hitting my opponent and getting the KO I just bair the ledge and look like a fool. I think it might have to do with having to input the command for Pit to get off the ledge which him to turn around, since I sometimes get a fair in the direction I want a bair after a ledge trump as well.

I just recently have switched over to the N3DS, so in theory my aerials should be more reliable with the 'C-stick'. In practice though... I find it far less intuitive to use than a GC or Pro Controller C-stick due to it's rather awkward location, and am still inputting most of my aerials manually. I'm somewhat disappointed since I figured it would help my 3DS gameplay significantly, but you can't even change it to tilts instead of smashes.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Off the ledge right? Something to do with buffering... Press your buttons later to prevent it from happening.

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
Im just looking to improve my dark pit, any help is really appreciated ^_^!

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
Well... It depends on what you need help with. He's one of my mains, so I'm sure I can help you out.
I think my main problem is im too predicable, so maybe i need to learn more approch options, combos etc. could you help with that?

LucarioMurffdog

Smash Rookie
I think my main problem is im too predicable, so maybe i need to learn more approch options, combos etc. could you help with that?
(First off, sorry. This is like my first time being on SmashBoards, so I'm gonna screw up a bit.)Well, there are plenty of options that you can use when trying to advance on opponents without being predictable. Use these depending on whatever situation that you see.

Some advancing options include:
  • Of course, the ElectroShock Arm. You should use this whenever you see an opponent recovering from landing lag or lag in general.
  • The Dash Attack, which does pretty great in the variety category. Also this would be a good zone breaker, since Pit/D. Pit is pretty quick on his feet.
  • My personal Favorite, Dash==> Short Hop ==> N. Air ==> Fast Fall
  • And Finally, Dash ==> Short Hop ==> F. Air ==> Fast Fall
I personally favor the fast fall options, because short hops give you the ability to use quick aerials while staying close to the ground.

Anything Else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
Allways approching with Dash can get predicable and will get you shield grabbed i find, but those follow ups are great ^_^, just need to get better at short hopping

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Pit's double jumps turn him to face the direction of travel, which is generally where the issue lies with this. If you input the attack quick enough, Pit will do a rising bair without initiating a turn-around jump. If you're a hair too slow, he'll initiate a turn around jump, and since you already buffered a bair (the game buffered the move before the turnaround jump could register a change of direction, sadly), he'll bair in the wrong direction. If you're more than a hair too slow, he'll initiate a turn around jump, and use fair, as his change of direction will be noted before the attack is buffered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom