• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

YggdrasiI

Smash Rookie
Unless you are playing online, like a lot of people plan to play. You have to use default specials in matches against random people online.
Is this really confirmed for all the characters? I always thought it only applied to Mii Fighters.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Is this really confirmed for all the characters? I always thought it only applied to Mii Fighters.
I think so? As far as I know customization is turned off in online matches (except matches against friends).

YggdrasiI

Smash Rookie
I think so? As far as I know customization is turned off in online matches (except matches against friends).
Ah you may be right, I think I'm rembering it again, it was on the website. Although I really hope it works with friends as most of the time I always play against them or people I add from the forums I visit.

Although she might be broken with Custom Specials as she seems really strong anyway. :-)

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Impressions from Weinhben:

• palutena has great power on smash attacks down smash sucks all grabs have follow ups either dash attack or aerials recovery is great
  • she has the same color alts as pit
  • you'll be happy to know that palutena 0 to deathed me on verismo [gerudo?] valley. I got shreked. She did like a 12 hit combo on me as mario
  • your waifu palutena is a godess in uprising and smash 4. Her up throw goes into up air up air and back air amazingly.
(he also mentioned some things in the comments during a stream: )
  • "She has weight but is floaty like samus (Palutena)" - "Palutena is medium speed"
  • "Those are probably the best newcomers" (Shulk, Palutena, Robin)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say, customization being off online isn't going to affect me too much since I'm most going to be playing with my online friends and other members of this board the most.

So all the celestial fireworks. <3

Reila

I suppose I could play Palu exclusively against friends and other characters against random people online.

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
i'm gonna have too main multiple versions of palutena
now that we know acces too the custom moves are pretty stream lined
am very excited too experament with the many combonations while playing with my friends
and master defult palutena since i will use her in for glory when i'm not using my main bowser.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That data overload about Palutena being so good... It's so beautiful and overwhelming... *faints* @_@

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Samus has been basically the same weight as Ganon over the last 2 games, so get hype everyone.

Finally a heavy female character that isn't in a fudgetonne of armor.

Reila

Yeah, I am loving the idea if a heavy female character. Isn't Robin supposed to be heavy too? Or only mid?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You so gotta show us more Palutena data, especially her costumes, and optionally a screen KO.

Burigu

Smash Ace
:4palutena:Ok people I mentioned this on friday be very kind to go to Rate their chances thread, Palutena deserves some love, last time Palutena scored at the bottom only above 3 characters, this is unacceptable, we can do better than that, this will be the last time you will have to do this for this Smash (or ever since it's newcomer satisfaction) so take some of your time and head to that thread, yes YOU YOU don't make me beg please take the ring!.... ok not the ring.

Seriously guys and girls let's show the rest of the comunity that Palutena is deserving of being in the game, never been in the thread? no problem you just go and say this "Palutena: 100%" you can add more if you want and since we stick to rules rate Pacman and Mii fighters as well you don't have to say much. Don't make me go on a tagging marathon
.:4palutena:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did my part already like I said. She deserves tons of love indeed. I mean how can you not love a versatile and elegant Goddess with so many different attacks? And she's a female heavyweight that isn't in a power suit. She's too amazing! D:

Reila

I did my part as well. First and last time I post in that thread :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I appreciate all you Palutena supporters. You make me so happy withe the support, and it looks like I'll be having a lot more friends.
*casts Celestial Fireworks*

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

If you get the Japanese Smash then we're gonna demand that you tell us a LOT of info on a LOT of characters. Have fun~
Oh I know! I'm glad the Eshop takes US credit cards! And that I can use my US charger for it.

Youtube that Palutena data, my friend! And adorable Pit, too! <3 <3 <3
I don't have a camera at college, but I'll try my best to relay info!

You better play Palutena and Robin all day. I want updates asap :p
Them and Lucina are the only newcomers I like so you bet!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
• Palutena's taunts: "come back again soon!" And "allow me to purify you" goddess I love her
<3 <3
Don't forget though, that it's the Japanese version. They're highly likely to change in the English version.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
• Palutena's taunts: "come back again soon!" And "allow me to purify you" goddess I love her
<3 <3
Those are her victory poses or actual taunts? Because so far I'm loving it, and it only fuels my creativity for Palutena art requests. <3 <3
Speaking of, I wonder what her 3rd taunt is, besides the staff tapping and the wing thing. Someone's gotta know, and tell me where you got that data!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think people who are saying Palutena is more op then Meta Knight, don't actually know why Meta knight was too good.
Meta Knight had many options of safe recovery for one...looking at Palutena's specials, she has almost none except for warp. Even then, I doubt it's that helpful. They are too predictable.

Sure, her specials could guarantee her to get back onto the stage...if the opponent let her. But the opponent could probably easier swat her right back off the stage before she can touch the ground.

Meta knight also had a lot of at powerful attacks that came out in an instance. I doubt Palutena does. Who knows exactly how powerful they are as well.

Don't get this all wrong, Palutena is going to be a fantastic character. Just not OP.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Those are her victory poses or actual taunts? Because so far I'm loving it, and it only fuels my creativity for Palutena art requests. <3 <3
Speaking of, I wonder what her 3rd taunt is, besides the staff tapping and the wing thing. Someone's gotta know, and tell me where you got that data!
I know one of them should be her putting her staff over the shield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQBxNBNj3t8#t=143
Someone posted it here and linked it to the masked man from NeoGaf
Aren't the wings her smash attacks?

Edit: another one should be the hair flick?
So the three taunts should be
Hair Flick
Staff over shield
Staff tap

Don't forget though, that it's the Japanese version. They're highly likely to change in the English version.
they are most likely rough translations anyway
At least we have an idea of how it's like ^^

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
What I wonder about is if she's in helpless state after the Warp. Want to know if it's as viable for movement as Mewtwo's teleport in Project M or if it leaves you as helpless as Mewtwo's teleport in Melee.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Who needs overrated MK? I was told of his nerfs,

Hair Flick
Staff over shield
Staff tap

Any new data you find for our Goddess (and Pit) I gotta know. With 5 days left, we get closer to the heavenly hype. Looking forward to it all.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Hair Flick
Staff over shield
Staff tap

Hang on isn't the the staff over shield thingy is an idle animation that starts as soon as you just stand there? I thought her third taunt is her raising her hands over her head then throwing them down causing her wings and halo to appear. Here it is: http://youtu.be/ZQBxNBNj3t8?t=1m45s Either that's the third taunt or the animation for activating Lightweight I'm not too sure.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They could stay similar or they could change completely is my point. Localizations tend to change dialogue.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Hang on isn't the the staff over shield thingy is an idle animation that starts as soon as you just stand there? I thought her third taunt is her raising her hands over her head then throwing them down causing her wings and halo to appear. Here it is: http://youtu.be/ZQBxNBNj3t8?t=1m45s Either that's the third taunt or the animation for activating Lightweight I'm not too sure.
huh then I am not entirely sure then

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I appreciate all you Palutena supporters. You make me so happy withe the support, and it looks like I'll be having a lot more friends.
*casts Celestial Fireworks*
Good times will be had by all, friend mine~

I think people who are saying Palutena is more op then Meta Knight, don't actually know why Meta knight was too good.
Meta Knight had many options of safe recovery for one...looking at Palutena's specials, she has almost none except for warp. Even then, I doubt it's that helpful. They are too predictable.

Sure, her specials could guarantee her to get back onto the stage...if the opponent let her. But the opponent could probably easier swat her right back off the stage before she can touch the ground.

Meta knight also had a lot of at powerful attacks that came out in an instance. I doubt Palutena does. Who knows exactly how powerful they are as well.

Don't get this all wrong, Palutena is going to be a fantastic character. Just not OP.
I've always found terms like "overpowered" and "broken" to be entirely subjective. People say Meta Knight's naturally "too good" in Brawl, though I've never seen it myself. He's quick and has powerful comboes, but I think it's just as much up to the recipient of those attacks as it is the deliverer; that is to say, if you can counter them well and carry on regardless, how "overpowered" and "broken" they are means very, very little.

That and the fact that Ladypal seems to be a much slower, more methodical character. I get the feeling she'll be akin to Zelda and Ness, a defensive character with stellar range and a lot of tricks up her heavenly sleeves. It's going to be amaaaazing~ <3

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh, looking in that rating the chance thread and a lot of Palutena hate is too cringe-worthy. I can understand if you don't like her or her personality or even her trailer (I was disappointed in the trailer recently) as everyone's different, but reading some of the reasons was just the worst, and the majority of those reasons are either about waifus, fanservice, or hating the fact that she has unique custom specials compared to other characters. Few reasons was also that her model probably didn't look good. I mean come on people, it ain't called a DEMO for a reason. She'll look much better in the finalized version just like every other character.

I can't wait til that stupid thread ends, and sorry for the rant, but it just enrages me to read all of that. But don't worry, at least we love Palutena, and that's still okay by me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sigh, looking in that rating the chance thread and a lot of Palutena hate is too cringe-worthy. I can understand if you don't like her or her personality or even her trailer (I was disappointed in the trailer recently) as everyone's different, but reading some of the reasons was just the worst, and the majority of those reasons are either about waifus, fanservice, or hating the fact that she has unique custom specials compared to other characters. Few reasons was also that her model probably didn't look good. I mean come on people, it ain't called a DEMO for a reason. She'll look much better in the finalized version just like every other character.

I can't wait til that stupid thread ends, and sorry for the rant, but it just enrages me to read all of that. But don't worry, at least we love Palutena, and that's still okay by me.
You can't please everybody. Take it from me, an avid supporter of Ridley and a gracious advocate of Lucina, opinions can become very heated around certain "controversial" characters. Whether they deserve such controversy at the start is another matter entirely - best to just smile and carry on regardless. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You can't please everybody. Take it from me, an avid supporter of Ridley and a gracious advocate of Lucina, opinions can become very heated around certain "controversial" characters. Whether they deserve such controversy at the start is another matter entirely - best to just smile and carry on regardless. ^_^
Well at least you don't try to shove something down our throats. That's what makes you sane compared to most, and I appreciate it.

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Yo! Newcomer here and another future Palutena user. Nice meet everyone.

Yeah, I am loving the idea if a heavy female character. Isn't Robin supposed to be heavy too? Or only mid?
Robin is probably mid if Zipzo's impressions are anything to go by, that aside I agree. Though a heavy goddess doesn't exactly strike me as graceful. lol

But I'm glad it will be hard to kill her, not mention it will make her figure rather deceptive to opponents, given what we have normally gotten as the traditional heavyweights.

Top Bottom