• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mind games with Lucas' taunt

supercake

Smash Apprentice
im talking about the one where he trips and it makes the accompanying tripping sound. I think the others are useless but this could have some potential to fool people into thinking Lucas has actually tripped. It sort looks like an authentic trip (though there are small differences).

i have little idea how this would really be useful and probably has absolutely none but maybe this can be another investigation to enhance his mindgames. One quick idea I had was that most people are now familiar with the fact that authentic tripping has some frames of superamor on the fall (or at least ive read). I also suspect that during tripping, if you are quick enough it is hard to punish exactly (please show me Im wrong) and the opponent might be unsure to go in for it. maybe if you play someone who is nervous or inexperienced in going in for a trip attack lucas could taunt-trip all the time and scare them off an attack. prolly too risky but just a thought

whatever further investigations into tripping physics reveal we might be able to confuse the two together and make it harder to predict if Lucas actually did trip randomly or if its just a dumb taunt.

also a cool thing happened in a wifi game with this. snake fired a missle right when i taunt tripped and it reflected off lucas' head i think when he had just fallen and hit back at snake. i wondered if maybe his taunt might even have a frame hidden somewhere of superduper armor, or if its just a random thing with snakes missile. i havent been able to repeat it tho but suspect its the latter.

MTFFFG

Smash Apprentice
lucas's trip doesn't have any invincibility i checked. maybe you really tripped and didn't notice it?

anyways, lucas's taunt isn't considered a mind game. I still do his down taunt like 5 times after i kill my opponent once. It pisses him off and that makes me happy.

all hail lucas, bringer of fire!

supercake

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure I didnt trip. I did the taunt and right when he landed the missile hit his head as he was shaking it i think and the missile definitely reflected back and hit snake. if someone could check the ss forum and see if there are any reports about snakes missiles (the forward b i think) randomly reflecting back at him when hitting someone that would clear it up.

also Im not talking about using the taunt to piss people off Im just wondering if theres anyway to trick people into thinking its a real trip or not.

MTFFFG

Smash Apprentice
pissing people off is fun especially when their actually good. if you play the same people or people who've played lucas then you will not have the chance to trick them. playing people who have no experience with lucas's moveset can be tricked very easily.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Sure, it'd probably be possible to fool someone into really thinking you tripped, but by the time you get up you're already getting hit as if you really did trip. I'd much rather actually trip and have a chance to roll away than fake a trip and get punished for it.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Me and my bro were playing SSE. He was Ganondorf and I was Lucas. We were standing around and he did a Warlock Punch to show off. Right when it connected I did the "trip taunt" for fun. For a few more punches I had him thinking that he was tripping me w/ Warlock Punch XD!!

Top Bottom