• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catstorm

Smash Rookie
(...)
7 out of the 9 characters revealed after E3 2013 were revealed either on a Nintendo Direct or to commemorate a game released in Japan. Only one character was revealed on an anniversary and only one character wasn't revealed on a special occasion.

Therefore, it's more reasonable to expect characters to be revealed on Directs and tied to a game release in Japan.

All of this is to say that expecting the Ice Climbers today was unreasonable and foolhardy, while expecting Diddy Kong on February is more logical.
oh boy! i bet next thursday is gonna be the half-birthday of samus's secret twin brother, thus ridley will be revealed for SURE!!!!

logic triumphs yet again over the metaphorical hype train, stopping it in its tracks. hooray for logic

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
logic triumphs yet again over the metaphorical hype train, stopping it in its tracks. hooray for logic
Hype trains don't stop, they derail and plow through several small villages. It's not a pretty sight.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
oh boy! i bet next thursday is gonna be the half-birthday of samus's secret twin brother, thus ridley will be revealed for SURE!!!!

Your lucky sakurai didn't read your logical move or he would of trolled you

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I know this subject was from yesterday, but, the Kid Icarus stage shown is obviously from Uprising, Sakurai said that some but not all stages will be respective to the console.
Certainly, but I still think it ties into the console/handheld theme a bit.

Skyworld originated from the NES game, and so we're getting another Skyworld stage on the Wii U version, but Viridi and the Forces of Nature originated from Uprising, so that's being put into the 3DS version.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Am I the only one that thinks the stage being from Uprising or the original NES game doesn't really matter that much? As long as the stage represents the franchise well enough that's probably good enough.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Am I the only one that thinks the stage being from Uprising or the original NES game doesn't really matter that much? As long as the stage represents the franchise well enough that's probably good enough.
Yeah I think people are fixating too much on what Sakurai said is just a general theme. Obviously there's going to be some home console things on the DS and vice versa. Either way, the stage looks nice and plain, which while I'm not opposed at all to fun, active stages, I'm still glad to see one that's more neutral.

D

Deleted member

Palutena picking her nose?
Ridley picking his nose?

ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY THE PIC OF THE DAY SHOWING THEM PICKING THERE NOSE!!!

EDIT: Wait, what if Master Hand is announced?
Master Nose will be revealed.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i thought marth was revealed for the anniversary of the first fire emblem.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the thing is that some people will be like "hurr durr no pikmin stage for the 3DS version derp"

D

Deleted member

Wow, hard to believe tomorrow's the last day of January picture-wise.
Then we can focus on February's "character of the month", Diddy. :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's the off chance that Sakurai might show off something special tonight since Nintendo has been "OH GOD, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US" all day today.
I wouldn't think so. Much like Valve, Nintendo will seldom rush. Still a character reveal would help remind people of the best reason to buy a WiiU.

D

Deleted member

Team Fortress 2 Wii U reveal with The Heavy as a guest in Smash. :troll:

...just cause Guybrush20X6 brought up Valve.

Stphntoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamefan1992
3DS FC
4339-2569-8710
Switch FC
8139-1515-0706
The new KI stage has stir a bit of controversy. While I believe that it assembles one of the final stages from Uprising I think it's mainly because the original KI game was the only one on a home console with both Myth and Monsters and Uprising being the 2 handheld therefore Sakurai might be adding elements from the original game to joint the Temple stage kind of like Wuhu Island

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The new KI stage has stir a bit of controversy. While I believe that it assembles one of the final stages from Uprising I think it's mainly because the original KI game was the only one on a home console with both Myth and Monsters and Uprising being the 2 handheld therefore Sakurai might be adding elements from the original game to joint the Temple stage kind of like Wuhu Island
But here's the difference. Wuhu Island and Pilotwings both come from console games.
However this stage takes element from the NES KI, and KI:U. Both on completely different platforms...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Team Fortress 2 Wii U reveal with The Heavy as a guest in Smash. :troll:

...just cause Guybrush20X6 brought up Valve.
I think I made a Heavy moveset on the valve forums a while back. I need to look that out.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Let's just hope Sakurai leaves us a great pic of the day to finish off this month of amazing updates.
It will be!
A full view of Battlefield saying:
"Pic of the day: In preparation of the release of SSB4, we've decided to stop the pic of the day. Sorry for the inconvenience..."

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'd rather drink octopus semen than read Miiverse comments my good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom