• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
All I wanted was a relevant picture...
Don't even must be a character... but this... just.. this

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Do all Nintendo's work for them", seriously? Sakurai has a whole interview that was released yesterday that show's how much care he puts into making this. The dude hardly gets any sleep and constantly has meetings and has to make adjustments, etc., etc.......all this with a jacked-up arm, to boot.
That doesn't make his ideas or theories or gameplay additions or updates any better than anything the PMBR is doing. That's not to say that what he has done is good or bad work, but ultimately the released result (and the post-release fixed results) is ultimately what people judge a game by, not "how many hours you works".

Also, working less hours (say 60 hours a week tops) would be beneficial to Sakurai for development, as it would make him fresher. Warren Buffet is one of the richest men in the world, and he became rich despite working very minimal hours. But man, when he worked, he worked, and he got work done, and made billions off it.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
To think, all of these rustled jimmies, all of this butthurt, all of this anger...

Started with Luigi's nose. YEAR OF LUIGI EVERYBODY.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And none of it coming from me. It's glorious, isn't it? It's like Christmas in November.

I actually like the screenshot, too. Marth's expressions fill me with glee.
Okay, stop lying Isma. You know damn well you're incapable of feeling or showing any sort of positive emotion. XD

inb4youdon'tknowthat

All I wanted was a relevant picture...
Here you go. The new stance that I'm sure many in here will try to follow.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Wasn't Sonic the only character revealed in October? In which case I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't get a reveal at all this month.

Still, he can at least show us something interesting instead of Luigi breathing down Marth's neck. God damn God damn.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
As for the PMBR, man, just add a few of the leaders of them and HAL Laboratories to the current Smash Wii U and 3DS dev team, and there is no possible way Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS could be bad games. There's just no way. And even if said game had major issues or balancing issues, the PMBR, Sakurai and the fragments of Sora LTD, Namco Bandai, HAL Laboratories, and the few miscellaneous Nintendo employees would know how to fix it.

On top of that, wouldn't it be cool if say a group of fans or outsiders were in charge of say DLC, and they got to add past stages for us=??? That'd be so dope.

The moment I hear something even moderately close to any of that, I'll crap my pants so hard. No matter the place. That'd be amazing.
BUT. After reading the interview, it seems like Sakurai only trusts himself to do more than half of what goes on in developing this, I swear.
Who knows, they might surprise us. Maybe this whole Namco Bandai thing will be the best thing they've done for SSB. I'm open for anything that's positive.
And totally willing to crap my pants if what you say comes true. :smirk:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can we just admit that we overhyped ourselves (again) and Sakurai simply walked away with the last laugh? This isn't going to be the last time this happens and we all know it.
I'm sorry, I didn't know expecting a new Mario Galaxy stage shot, a new Skyloft shot, a new Spirit Train shot, or a new item meant I "overhyped ourselves (again)". :rolleyes:

But still, people expecting a character on this day or that day are crazy... unless it's E3. Then it's perfectly logical.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Let's talk about something positive. Like... Like Isma's icon. Isn't it lovely? Look at that Martha hair... MMPH.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman

Gee willikers, you guys sure are something.

I for one believe the comment about breathing on the neck is a hint about how Sakurai feels about you guys.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Let's talk about something positive. Like... Like Isma's icon. Isn't it lovely? Look at that Martha hair... MMPH.
Looks more like Lucina, honestly. Well, it would if not for the chin and chest, anyway.

And no. No one wants to be positive right now. Let the negativity continue! D<

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I for one believe the comment about breathing on the neck is a hint about how Sakurai feels about you guys.
So Sakurai feels that we think Marth smells good?

Well, that's not inaccurate...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The moment I hear something even moderately close to any of that, I'll crap my pants so hard. No matter the place. That'd be amazing.
Yeah, I would love, love, love for HAL to be confirmed to be co-developing these 2 forthcoming games with Namco Bandai. It would be a sort of "cycle is complete" thing, since much of the top staff of both companies made The Outfoxies, the first platformer-esk fighting game, and a game in which Smash is somewhat based off of.
Who knows, they might surprise us. Maybe this whole Namco Bandai thing will be the best thing they've done for SSB. I'm open for anything that's positive.
Well Namco Bandai has made 2 of the best fighting game series ever in Soul Calibur and Tekken. IMO Tekken is the most consistently great fighting game franchise, and the best fighting game franchise ever.
And I'm totally willing to crap my pants if what you say comes true. :smirk:
Oh man, could you imagine all the Smash 64, Melee, or Brawl packs we could have=???

Seriously, I would easily drop $60 for all previously playable stages, and even an extra for special stages like Metal Cavern, the Smash 64 Training Stage, Melee's "Grab the trophy" stage, various SSE stages (the Air Stadium, the various jungle locations, various Deep Subspace locations, the Ridley battle area, the Meta Ridley battle area, the Tabuu battle area, etc), as well as all 3 previous iterations of Battlefield and Final Destination.

That would be mad hype to play as!!!!

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
So Sakurai feels that we think Marth smells good?

Well, that's not inaccurate...
I can't tell if Luigi is enjoying what he is smelling, or hating it.
What if Marth just smells awful? Like a middle schooler in gym class who hasn't discovered deodorant.
Oh the horror. o_o Or maybe just flowers...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I can't tell if Luigi is enjoying what he is smelling, or hating it.
What if Marth just smells awful? Like a middle schooler in gym class who hasn't discovered deodorant.
Oh the horror. o_o Or maybe just flowers...
I'm sure Marth reminds him of fresh cut spring flowers spewed across a babbling brook with a hint of lemon. <3

Cheesecake for anyone who gets that reference.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Oh man, could you imagine all the Smash 64, Melee, or Brawl packs we could have=???

Seriously, I would easily drop $60 for all previously playable stages, and even an extra for special stages like Metal Cavern, the Smash 64 Training Stage, Melee's "Grab the trophy" stage, various SSE stages (the Air Stadium, the various jungle locations, various Deep Subspace locations, the Ridley battle area, the Meta Ridley battle area, the Tabuu battle area, etc), as well as all 3 previous iterations of Battlefield and Final Destination.

That would be mad hype to play as!!!!
JUST STOP. STOP. You're making my dreams way too hype. D8
Why doesn't Sakurai consider the awesome ideas the Smash fanbase thinks of? Even think about them. You just said yourself the money you'd put towards the game for stages. There's A LOOOOT of people who would do the same. I wish I knew the mindset Sakurai has for SSB.

I'm sure Marth reminds him of fresh cut spring flowers spewed across a babbling brook with a hint of lemon. <3

Cheesecake for anyone who gets that reference.
Still my favorite cartoon, ever. Oh Ed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why doesn't Sakurai consider the awesome ideas the Smash fanbase thinks of? Even think about them. You just said yourself the money you'd put towards the game for stages. There's A LOOOOT of people who would do the same. I wish I knew the mindset Sakurai has for SSB.
You know, Sakurai wants to move the series forward, but he should do it by building upon past success, instead of purely new ideas like Brawl did. Fortunately, it seems he found that balance.

Still, returning just about every past stage (or every past stage) from previous Smash games would be hype for Smash Wii U. I don't see how anyone thinks that would be a bad idea for DLC, especially if the pricing was reasonable. Heck, a few of them could even be available for free.

Also, that reminds me... whenever Mewtwo2000 completes his build of Mute City for Brawl, we're gonna have to throw him a hype party that goes through the hype. I freaking love that guys mods, but man, that mod would top every mod ever (sans maybe the stage expander, the various outfit expanders, and the clone engine).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Looks more like Lucina, honestly. Well, it would if not for the chin and chest, anyway.

And no. No one wants to be positive right now. Let the negativity continue! D<
I can't tell if you guys seriously didn't get that was the joke or not. Either way

Why is calling me Isma a thing now? I'm not an old Incan lady that turns into a cat.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I can't tell if you guys seriously didn't get that was the joke or not. Either way

Why is calling me Isma a thing now? I'm not an old Incan lady that turns into a cat.
1. Yes, yes. We did...Well, I did anyway. not sure about him.

2. If the last few days have been any proof, I'd say you are, actually. We've already established that you're like a troublesome cat. ¦D

And I'm been doing it for awhile now. You never exactly told me to stop, so I have no intention of doing so~ <3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Isma=??? Why is that a thing=???

Nah, you're RamsI!!!! (at least to me you are)

Also, how come Peach isn't a man in that picture=??? :psycho:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, so I'm not too upset that we didn't get a character reveal... but this picture? It makes me nervous for some reason, it's just really weird.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Okay, so I'm not too upset that we didn't get a character reveal... but this picture? It makes me nervous for some reason, it's just really weird.
That Sakurai thinks it is okay to upload Hentai on Miiverse?

Yeah, you're not alone buddy.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Perhaps Luigi simply mistakened Marth for his lover Lucina. It happens.

Luigi X Lucina OTP 10/10 100% #LoveIsInTheAir #YOLOSWAGx2 #WhoWouldn'tShipThis? #YearOfLuigi

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Expected awesome reveal today and what I got....

IS 200% BETTER, THIS PIC IS SO SEXY. LOOK AT ALL THE FANFICS I CAN WRITE NOW. THIS IS OBV BETTER THAN A CHARACTER REVEAL.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So Sakurai is back to not knowing **** about advertisement?

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman

Because Only like five percent of the fanbase things of good ideas.
Then there's Miiverse....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Do all Nintendo's work for them", seriously? Sakurai has a whole interview that was released yesterday that show's how much care he puts into making this. The dude hardly gets any sleep and constantly has meetings and has to make adjustments, etc., etc.......all this with a jacked-up arm, to boot. The guy literally plays with multiple controllers at the same time in order to get a stronger sense of how they game will feel. He stated himself that he plans on going all-out no matter what (he literally moved to an area closer to the workplace so he could get to work right away). It's terrifying how much Sakurai is putting into this, yet you act like he's lazy and incompetent after making a SINGLE mistake (Brawl, which wasn't even that bad of a game, just in comparison to Melee, and even then used it's extra content to make it bearable). Man, I just hate it when people can't be grateful....
Which why someone else is better off taking care of Smash after this game since Sakurai deserves a nice long break for taking care of games. The new guy should at least be more competent than him, though. I've already said the same thing for Miyamoto when it came to major Nintendo titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom