• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm secretly hoping that maybe he's going to show something big soon which is why he's posting boring pics but I wouldn't put it past him to do something like this just to troll us.
Nah I just think he's trying to be unpredictable.....trying too hard in fact.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai's such a troll.... the biggest day for nintendo with all these games and anniversaries and stuff and we get a freaking horny weegee pic..... seriously wtf sakurai. I bet he's laughing right now.
If he was a good troll, he'd have us interested, instead of talking about the PS4, X1, and a Brawl mod instead, which is what I am now doing!!! :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah I just think he's trying to be unpredictable.....trying too hard in fact.
He tried pretty hard in Brawl.

"Hey instead of making a game filled with good concepts, let's make a game with bad concepts. You know, like focusing all the development time and funding for this multiplayer-centric franchise on single-player modes with limited replay value, online gameplay and servers that hardly work, gameplay mechanics like tripping and footstool hopping that add nothing, balance that is worse than any smash game before, lighting that is weird, tinting that looks like Gears of War, character models that are kind of creepy, and stages that are flat out bad. EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT, BECAUSE NINTENDO!!!!

Oh, and we cut Mewtwo, too, because he's too popular.

And we'll do all of this with a studio that no one knows of that isn't that talented, a few random weak Nintendo studios in a developmental role, and some of Nintendo's best studios in a play testing and assisting role when they should be primary developers. Give HAL the worst job, too, since they made the previous 2 games really good."

Good job based Sakurai. Good job.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Remember when I said I'd laugh? Well I'm taking the high road, and drinking low-fat tears instead.
I think this is Sakurai's (Marth) way of trying to tell you guys (Luigi) to stop being so nosy.
...You know, that joke doesn't work since it's extremely hypocritical.

If he wanted them to not be so nosy, he shouldn't have started showing them these pictures in the first place. The dumbass brought it on himself. *shrugs*

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes, and I despise people who stay content with crappy updates like these. The two games in combination probably contain 10X the amount of content than there are days until the game launches. And yet this crap is supposed to hype us?

Call me whatever you want, but seriously, do people even appreciate updates like these?
We could be getting nothing at all instead of getting nothing at all. Be grateful for nothing at all, you swine. :mad:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He tried pretty hard in Brawl.

"Hey instead of making a game filled with good concepts, let's make a game with bad concepts. You know, like focusing all the development time and funding for this multiplayer-centric franchise on single-player modes with limited replay value, online gameplay and servers that hardly work, gameplay mechanics like tripping and footstool hopping that add nothing, balance that is worse than any smash game before, lighting that is weird, tinting that looks like Gears of War, character models that are kind of creepy, and stages that are flat out bad. EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT, BECAUSE NINTENDO!!!!

Oh, and we cut Mewtwo, too, because he's too popular."
Don't ignite the flames.

You'll regret it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, and I despise people who stay content with crappy updates like these. The two games in combination probably contain 10X the amount of content than there are days until the game launches. And yet this crap is supposed to hype us?

Call me whatever you want, but seriously, do people even appreciate updates like these?
The only people who want this update are people who want shots of clipping, people who have nose fetishes, and/or people who want to smell a new smash game.
Well, this pretty much confirms that Japanese Release Dates> The rest of the World. Just sayin'
I think Brawl's release dates confirmed that already bro.

Also, Nintendo's general biases.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
So you like the slowed down combat, the less intelligent combat, the less enemies with actual AI intelligence, the less sense of a world you can explore over and over and over and not get bored, the less things to do, and just the in general more bland feel=???

Because I sure as hell don't. The only Zelda game with any real sense of replay value post the Wind Waker are a bunch of remake/re-releases and of course the Minish Cap. Other than that we got a bunch of a games that don't have much replay value.

The Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Twilight Princess, and especially the Skyward Sword overworlds are soooooo boring.
I like Wind Waker, but it just doesn't surpass some of the other games ahead of it to me. I REALLY liked Skyward Sword, but I do agree that it was pretty linear. It was the story, characters, and dungeons that hooked me. I found replay value in both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but not to the extent of OoT. However, I find TP to equal WW in quality. The AI didn't seem much worse than WW's (ridiculously easy unless you play Hero Mode for Wii U) and the items in TP and SS were much more versatile and creative if you ask me. My only gripe is the linearity, but I actually can handle it sense it's sugarcoated with many positive elements.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Unpredictable doesn't e-
**** this. I'm not repeating myself again.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The only people who want this update are people who want shots of clipping, people who have nose fetishes, and/or people who want to smell a new smash game.
Well, them and people whose only joys in life are being cynical and laughing when other people are disappointed by something, even if they didn't particularly want anything. o.o

Schadenfreude and all that jazz.

...Oh yeah, and the really disgusting crack pairing yaoi fangirls who will eat this up like a cake at a fat kids' birthday party. ¦D

D

Deleted member

ZeldaMaster said:
Well, this pretty much confirms that Japanese Release Dates> The rest of the World. Just sayin'​
Yes, because TWO ****ing Japan release reveals out of 6 total (4 of which that had nothing to do with any release date) means Japan releases are all that matter.​

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I saw that coming, and my post was in the other thread. Something told me we were gonna have Marth today. Maybe something nice for Thanksgiving instead?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah i'm more hyped for dec 9th then waiting for pics at the moment....
Along with the (future) fact that Smash Wii U and 3DS won't even be out by December 9th of next year, and that the game is guaranteed to be good and have tons of replay value, based on the previous releases of Project M, which only get better and better and much better.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Wait.. People are upset at no reveal on the day a game is released? Just a few days ago, and I assume on multiple occasions, people were saying that it's absolutely useless to even assume, guess, or try to pinpoint when/where/why a character or stage or anything will be released. Am I just pointing out the obvious here, due to it being stated multiple times? Sakurai does because Sakurai can. There are a few exceptions, but what does that even matter?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Along with the (future) fact that Smash Wii U and 3DS won't even be out by December 9th of next year, and that the game is guaranteed to be good and have tons of replay value, based on the previous releases of Project M, which only get better and better and much better.
Yup the alt skins, the patches, the CREW BATTLE mode, so much good stuff, and they might put the clone engine to good use and put in 5 more in there. I dunno why nintendo hates to hype things up anymore. they didn't go to e3..... i mean the last hype thing was TP reveal in 06.... Nintendo needs to :sonic: (step it up).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait.. People are upset at no reveal on the day a game is released?
The funny thing is, everyone who is being cynical seems to keep thinking this is the case, when that's not what everyone is so dumbfounded at.

It's not that there wasn't a reveal, it's at how the picture itself is today. A simple joke is usually expected or something that people can (and will) interpret as a troll move by our ******** developer.

But this...is...Huh? What IS this? Year of Luigi be damned, who is this supposed to appeal to or make interested? O.o'

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Remind me why we don't replace him with the Project M crew=???

Seriously, they made the biggest and most original Smash roster, and all Sakurai has given us in the past decade is a rock... well... Brawl (which is a lot of broken dreams), 3 newcomers post-Brawl, and a new 3rd party studio to do all of Nintendo's work for them (which makes me again wonder why people care about this franchise being Nintendo exclusive, even though Nintendo has only primarily developed 2 of its' 5 entries).

I mean c'mon, if the Project M team can make 3.0 as good as it is with the bad limitations of Brawl and the Wii, imagine if they got some more professional graphic designers, artists, and programmers to help them on a much more powerful console in the Wii U (and a much more versatile one in the 3DS). They could make a seriously good Smash game, probably with a gigantic roster to boot.

On top of that, the PMBR didn't allow random tripping to happen.
"Do all Nintendo's work for them", seriously? Sakurai has a whole interview that was released yesterday that show's how much care he puts into making this. The dude hardly gets any sleep and constantly has meetings and has to make adjustments, etc., etc.......all this with a jacked-up arm, to boot. The guy literally plays with multiple controllers at the same time in order to get a stronger sense of how they game will feel. He stated himself that he plans on going all-out no matter what (he literally moved to an area closer to the workplace so he could get to work right away). It's terrifying how much Sakurai is putting into this, yet you act like he's lazy and incompetent after making a SINGLE mistake (Brawl, which wasn't even that bad of a game, just in comparison to Melee, and even then used it's extra content to make it bearable). Man, I just hate it when people can't be grateful....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just a few days ago, and I assume on multiple occasions, people were saying that it's absolutely useless to even assume, guess, or try to pinpoint when/where/why a character or stage or anything will be released.
Doesn't make up for a terrible update. It was creepy, it wasn't funny, it wasn't informative, and it didn't show us something we didn't already know.

Not every update needs to be a home run, but it at least should try to accomplish something and REWARD PEOPLE for caring enough to look at the updates every day.

It doesn't have to be a character or stage-related update. Show us a new part of a stage. Show us some cool cameo stuff. Give us item confirmations, or cool/funny pictures. You know, fun stuff like that. We're not very hard to please. All we want is microscopic tidbits.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I got a good chuckle from the picture. I'll still just be waiting for the next big revealing picture. There's many more pictures to come, anyway. I guess I just don't get it then. :glare:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yup the alt skins, the patches, the CREW BATTLE mode, so much good stuff, and they might put the clone engine to good use and put in 5 more in there. I dunno why nintendo hates to hype things up anymore. they didn't go to e3..... i mean the last hype thing was TP reveal in 06.... Nintendo needs to :sonic: (step it up).
Yeah, all that stuff is amazing good stuff. Crew Battle Mode is what the Switch player mode always wanted to be.

(now if only the PMBR would make Tournament Mode into an actual streamlined tournament mode, or at least some cool game mode)

Project M (3.0) is proof that Nintendo's modders > Nintendo these days in terms of home console games.

Seriously, why can't Nintendo wise up like Valve did and hire some of the best modding fans and make them into full time developers=??? It would be such a BAMF idea if Project M's Turbo Mode (where everything is automatically cancelled in terms of lag) was in Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS. Hype levels would be off the charts.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
...You're joking, right?

This is Sakurai we talking bout. It be hard to predict him these days. If something good does happen on Thanksgiving besides the food, then I'll laugh in your face, and it's rare for me to laugh anyways.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is Sakurai we talking bout. It be hard to predict him these days. If something good does happen on Thanksgiving besides the food, then I'll laugh in your face, and it's rare for me to laugh anyways.
...Nonononono, your REALLY missing something here. Something on a more logical standpoint.

Where is Thanksgiving usually celebrated? Or more to the point, where is it not celebrated?

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Yeah, all that stuff is amazing good stuff. Crew Battle Mode is what the Switch player mode always wanted to be.

(now if only the PMBR would make Tournament Mode into an actual streamlined tournament mode, or at least some cool game mode)

Project M (3.0) is proof that Nintendo's modders > Nintendo these days in terms of home console games.

Seriously, why can't Nintendo wise up like Valve did and hire some of the best modding fans and make them into full time developers=??? It would be such a BAMF idea if Project M's Turbo Mode (where everything is automatically cancelled in terms of lag) was in Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS. Hype levels would be off the charts.

I can agree with this, though. I mean, I don't want to put down SSB4 until I see some recent, legitimate gameplay. With Marth's new look, Bowser's new.. self? yeah sure. I'm only sorta hyped. PMBR does an incredible job when it comes to showing off what they're bringing to the table, I simply can't wait for 3.0. I know there's some time to wait for SSB4, but with all the effort Sakurai is apparently putting into this, even showing us pictures on a daily basis or so, you'd think he'd put the effort into hyping it up then. Am I just supposed to forget about SSB4 until a trailer comes out, or the release date is announced?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
...Nonononono, your REALLY missing something here. Something on a more logical standpoint.

Where is Thanksgiving usually celebrated? Or more to the point, where is it not celebrated?

Dont know dont care. They dont teach us who celebrates it besides us. Don't ask. ~_~

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can agree with this, though. I mean, I don't want to put down SSB4 until I see some recent, legitimate gameplay. With Marth's new look, Bowser's new.. self? yeah sure. I'm only sorta hyped. PMBR does an incredible job when it comes to showing off what they're bringing to the table, I simply can't wait for 3.0. I know there's some time to wait for SSB4, but with all the effort Sakurai is apparently putting into this, even showing us pictures on a daily basis or so, you'd think he'd put the effort into hyping it up then. Am I just supposed to forget about SSB4 until a trailer comes out, or the release date is announced?
Yeah, Sakurai isn't doing the best of job promoting the game, but he's doing alright. Still, it would help if Nintendo knew how to PROMOTE THINGS ON THE WII U!!!

Seriously, the Wii U Mario commercials look like Wii Mario commercials. They hardly even show gameplay; it's just a family dancing around and fake smiling.

It's like Nintendo isn't trying or just doesn't care anymore about the non-Japanese markets. It's really sad.

As for the PMBR, man, just add a few of the leaders of them and HAL Laboratories to the current Smash Wii U and 3DS dev team, and there is no possible way Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS could be bad games. There's just no way. And even if said game had major issues or balancing issues, the PMBR, Sakurai and the fragments of Sora LTD, Namco Bandai, HAL Laboratories, and the few miscellaneous Nintendo employees would know how to fix it.

On top of that, wouldn't it be cool if say a group of fans or outsiders were in charge of say DLC, and they got to add past stages for us=??? That'd be so dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom