• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Could someone tell me why this picture is such a game-changer? I mean we already got to see Peach's neutral B back in September.. Were Toad fans expecting Sakurai to take it out of her moveset in the mean time? Or were they hoping to see Blue Toad come in anyway with Peach's B neutral staying the same? If so, I don't see why today's update is causing such uproar *I is confused*
Sakurai commented that her moves were supposedly not set as "final," which we saw was the case for Pit and his arrow-shooting stance.

Why people thought they'd change entire movesets and think that this specific case means anything special just goes to show how hilarious Smash speculation is.

This means nothing, either way. Either Toad was just never meant to be, or Sakurai is setting up another "Up Until Now" situation. Either way, I don't care. I would prefer no new Mario rep. But everyone thinking they are geniuses for deducing something like HURR DURR TOAD ISN'T PLAYABLE from like the 3rd screenshot shown of Peach using him is getting old very fast.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Toon Link's inclusion after being revealed on the 3DS stage pretty much means we can't rule out Toad, or maybe Captain Toad, etc..

I'm not a huge Toad advocate... I'm just saying Sakurai seems to make people who say "this means _____ will/will not be playable" look silly more often than not.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai commented that her moves were supposedly not set as "final," which we saw was the case for Pit and his arrow-shooting stance.

Why people thought they'd change entire movesets and think that this specific case means anything special just goes to show how hilarious Smash speculation is.

This means nothing, either way. Either Toad was just never meant to be, or Sakurai is setting up another "Up Until Now" situation. Either way, I don't care. I would prefer no new Mario rep. But everyone thinking they are geniuses for deducing something like HURR DURR TOAD ISN'T PLAYABLE from like the 3rd screenshot shown of Peach using him is getting old very fast.

Pretty sure most of us are just having fun trolling the Toad Brigade rather than considering it solid confirmation, Isma~

Well, I am, anyway. <3

Toon Link's inclusion after being revealed on the 3DS stage pretty much means we can't rule out Toad, or maybe Captain Toad, etc..

I'm not a huge Toad advocate... I'm just saying Sakurai seems to make people who say "this means _____ will/will not be playable" look silly more often than not.
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

*Jumps into cover*

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Well this was kinda disappointing.......

I'm starting to think more and more their are only 5-6 newcomers in this game(like the supposed leak said).

If Toad of all characters is deemed "not worthy" there are a lot of characters who won't make it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well this was kinda disappointing.......

I'm starting to think more and more their are only 5-6 newcomers in this game(like the supposed leak said).

If Toad of all characters is deemed "not worthy" there are a lot of characters who won't make it.
The leak didn't say that there'd only be 6 newcomers, it just said that the 6 newcomers would be in the game.

The best thing about smah speculation though is the river of blood from all the crushed hearts.
You are a HORRIBLE person

I continue to question why there are people like this in the world

Oh wait... I remember how XB1 and PS4 fans are like to each other

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Even with my utter neutrality towards the updates, seeing the final nail in Toad's coffin just lowers my expectations even more. Seeing veterans return won't get me excited unless they've been revamped like Bowser. I'm set with the notion that it's going to be a looooooong time before Sakurai even feels like showing an actual newcomer.

Hah! Haters cannot kill my hype if I've already done it myself!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I just shifted through the last few pages and wow this thread knows how to stay crazy while I'm sleeping. It left me with a lot of amusement and disappointment in stuff but still. Fun times.

I'm just going to peg my usual hopeful guess that we see more of a stage we don't see a lot of, since I don't expect a reveal.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Let's have a moment of silence for Toad...
He was definitely the next relevant Mario character to get that playable slot.
I'm going to beat all of Super Mario 3D World with just you tomorrow buddy.
We'll show em! :crying:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Could someone tell me why this picture is such a game-changer? I mean we already got to see Peach's neutral B back in September.. Were Toad fans expecting Sakurai to take it out of her moveset in the mean time? Or were they hoping to see Blue Toad come in anyway with Peach's B neutral staying the same? If so, I don't see why today's update is causing such uproar *I is confused*

I guess it's not that much of a game changer but it does seem like a completely missed opportunity but, then again, the same could be said about no Pokemon newcomer being shown for the launch of Pokemon X/Y. There's also the fact that there's a lot of people who don't want to see Toad so any slight hint of him not being included is taken by these people as a full blown deconfirmation (ie; Toon Link). Things could change but based on what we have it doesn't look all too good for him, especially with Sakurai's snarky comment that accompanied today's pic.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
I honestly can go without any Mario newcomers, except maybe Rosalina? But that's wishful thinking. We never really know. I just hope to see some more changes like what they did for Bowser.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Geno = hell ****ing no
Waluigi = god no
Rosalina = assist trophy
Bowser Jr. = maybe
Paper Mario = would be the most unique addition, possible
Toad = the next Mario character in line for the playable slot

So I'm going to go ahead and assume we'll get no new Mario character.
Which is fine, but if Toad is somehow raised from the dead or Paper Mario gets in I'll be very happy.

Geno is sticker worthy, maybe trophy. Dude was in one game that MANY people missed out on playing.
Waluigi is just a 4th line Mario character to fill slots in sports and party games. Now if they actually did something with his character and include him in the WarioWare series then I could see him being playable in the future.
Rosalina seems like she is getting pushed into that supporting Mario character position. And I can see her returning in some more major Mario games. She definitely has solidified a spot in the sports and party games. But as a Mario rep in Smash Bros I don't see it. 100% assist trophy though.
Bowser Jr. is tricky. He's had pretty big roles in the last few Mario series. With the exception of 3D World. I think he would be more of a Bowser/Squirtle hybrid but using a lot of gadgets as moves such as the Koopa Clown Car and Bob-ombs. The Shadow Mario days of him are over. It was just a Sunshine thing. He's been in so many more Mario games without that ability so it would make sense to focus on what he does now. And he seems to always be reeking havoc in the clown car or with some kind of gadget.
Paper Mario would be the most interesting. There are plenty of moves and items from the Paper Mario series that could make him incredibly unique. He would be the most welcomed Mario newcomer in terms of originality.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I could just say that SSB4 shall be the last Smash-game I truly follow now. Like, the very last one.

Because at this rate, the roster won't really change. Just the gameplay, presentation and eras. Unless we get flavour-of-the-years and some new characters from new IPs that prove to be succesful.to.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
-Bowser Jr could be cool but given how he's pretty much just turned into just another Koopa Kid since New Super Mario Bros Wii, I think the temptation to make him into a Bowser semi-clone would be overwhelming given how there's hardly anything unique about the character anymore.

-Rosalina's too much of a blank slate and basically a canon Daisy at this point in time.

-Geno's irrelevant but holy hell would he make an amazing character.

-Paper Mario could be interesting too but I reeeeeeeeeeally don't like the idea of two playable Marios. I'm okay with the Links because they are two different people but Paper Mario is still Mario, just in paper form.

-Waluigi is Waluigi; no further explanation is needed.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I (INSERT YOUR NAME HERE) KNOW EVERYTHING, AND THEREFORE MY WORD IS FACT.

It's still too early for any of you to conclusively confirm or deny anything.

- WFT, Villager and Megaman have no bearing on predictable patterns for other newcomers.
- Yoshi hasn't been revealed yet, what's Sakurai's (Or Nintendo's) REAL endgame on that?
- Why have a specific Toon Link on a stage AND Toon Link as a playable character?
- Why reveal Marth, TL, Sonic and Luigi this soon? Why not Yoshi, Zelda, Metaknight, or other definite veterans?
- Why keep bringing references to Toad, Ridley, or possible others up for any reason other than acknowledging the fans who feel they're important?
- Why an obvious Punch Out stage but no other Punch out references to be found?
- Why 3 Zelda stages and no Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Star Fox stages yet?
- Why are characters like Waluigi, Toad, Rosalina, Birdo, Tingle, Slippy, Krystal, any more or less viable than possible other newcomers?
- Why are K. Rool's chances better than Dixie's? Or the other way around? Do either of them really fit in? Or are long overdue?
- Why stand up and acknowledge Mewtwo at all?
- Why give us ALL of the Mario veterans already?
- How do I keep churning out so many questions? (This is the part where you think you're cooler than everyone else in a forum dedicated to video game characters, and attempt to make a clever, snarky comment that humiliates me and my ridiculous post.)

There are still too many UNKNOWNS with this game. There are little to NO predictable patterns to follow. Yes, your opinions (some of your opinions) are worth noting and even considering, but your words have no impact on what we're actually going to see. It's refreshing to see people excited about the game despite what new things are uncovered each day, and annoying when the thread is flooded with others damning hopes and speculation of the other contributers to the thread just to look like the smartest nerd in the comic book store.

I still love me some Toad. And Falco.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
If he already makes today pic about the Super Mario 3DWorld launch, Rosalina is problably not a playabler character also....
That sucks, Rosalina has so much style, and could (If Sakurai wants) be a interesting choice for Mario newcomer.
Maybe that's it, no Mario newcomer again... and that's hurt.

And I'm still gonna stick to my 5-6 character bet.

No, I never heard of the rumor about the "6 newcomers" whatever that is.

Funny part is, it looks like I'm not the only one riding on this bet o_o

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
wow, talk about an internet dog pile. Now I'm no toad supporter (nor do I have any expectations for him making it in) but I think people are jumping to conclusions way too fast. I distinctly remember the same thing happening with R.O.B back in brawl and Toon Link a few months back. I mean it would be silly for Toad to be made a playable character at this point but Smash bros is a very silly game.

Nothing wrong with letting dreamers dream.

D

Deleted member

This new screenshot is giving me the strangest feeling... that and it's Miiverse description.
I actually almost thought Toad was confirmed when the picture was loading... T_T

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So you didn't play Galaxy
I don't particularly care for Rosalina, but I have nothing against her. It's mostly off putting that she's suddenly turned into a main character and playable of all things when Daisy and Waluigi have been around longer. Waluigi in particular needs more love, he and Wario would make good secret characters, hell, Wario was already in SM64DS and that worked out well enough. Daisy, well, I don't really care about her either.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If he already makes today pic about the Super Mario 3DWorld launch, Rosalina is problably not a playabler character also....
That sucks, Rosalina has so much style, and could (If Sakurai wants) be a interesting choice for Mario newcomer.
Maybe that's it, no Mario newcomer again... and that's hurt.
Chances are, any newcomers will be revealed "after" the returning veterans have been taken care of. Therefore, I wouldn't throw out Rosalina's chances just yet.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Why thank you to the people not totally getting on Toads ass for not being in, some people actually respect his position and legitimacy.
I'm disappointed but the cause was lost. Perhaps next time. (10 years from now)

However if another Mario rep gets in i'll be flabbergasted.
Definitely NOT Rosalina. It's like just because she gained relevancy from what, last week, that people peg her as a shoe in. Not gonna fly sistur.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The only two Mario newcomers who which are worthy are Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.
Toad and Rosalina fall in the "Meh, if you really must" category, Waluigi drowns in the "NO **** YOU SAKURAI" category.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I actually kinda want a Nintendog to be playable. Am I crazy?:confused:
Nah you're definitely not crazy. (As I'm a big supporter of the little puppy)
Nintendogs does have a big importance to Nintendo, so why not. Though PETA might be an issue here.

The only two Mario newcomers who which are worthy are Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.

Toad and Rosalina fall in the "Meh, if you really must" category, Waluigi drowns in the "NO **** YOU SAKURAI" category.

The only Mario newcomers that are worthy to me are Dr. Mario and Geno.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still think that Paper Mario would represent his own series, so it would come down to Rosalina and Bowser Jr., if not both. Sorry Waluigi, but you're out of luck.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Geno ain't worthy. At this point, it's Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, followed by Rosalina, then Dr. Mario, Waluigi, a layer of dog ****, Toadette, another layer of dog ****, then Geno.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up for tomorrow. If he wants to reveal Zelda, he may just do it in December. It seems pretty likely he would do that to coincide with the Japanese release. All I know is we're getting her tomorrow or the day after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom