• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Personally, I think you Punch Out fanatics are grasping at straws.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can I just say that I had never even seen Little Mac before until Brawl and just thought of him as "That Boxing Assist Trophy Guy" and didn't even know he had a name until Smash 4 when all these fanatics started foaming at the mouth about him?

Seriously, are we about to move on from "Pac Attacks" to "Mac Attacks"? ¦D;

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I just say that I had never even seen Little Mac before until Brawl and just thought of him as "That Boxing Assist Trophy Guy" and didn't even know he had a name until Smash 4 when all these fanatics started foaming at the mouth about him?

Seriously, are we about to move on from "Pac Attacks" to "Mac Attacks"? ¦D;
Considering Mac is beloved by most of us here? No.

Mac might be attacked though. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Considering Mac is beloved by most of us here? No.

Mac might be attacked though. :troll:
He is? I sure don't see it. I see a tiny few people who don't know how to stop yelling, but I don't see a giant mass of people or anything. XD

Don't really see any appeal in him, either.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
This just in:
Every single boxing ring is a Punch Out stage reference.
Sakurai's been planning this level since the creation of boxing in real life.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
He is? I sure don't see it. I see a tiny few people who don't know how to stop yelling, but I don't see a giant mass of people or anything. XD

Don't really see any appeal in him, either.
I'm no fan of the Punch Out series, I couldn't even stand the spin-off in Abobo's Big Adventure. I just honestly believe that (for reasons previously stated) the stage is his.
I also think that Mac is one of two character types that are missing in Smash, the other being someone like Raiden.
Sure, he may look like he only does one thing, but Sakurai could implement an Excite-a-Bike guy, save for the jumping. There are plenty of things he can do, and he would have more of an traditional 2D fighter feel than the others. I wouldn't main him, but he would make Smash feel more complete for me.
If he looks slightly less brachycephalic than he did in Brawl, I would prefer that. But if he is implemented as a character, I'd be most worried that Sakurai would make him look like his NES version, which is far too ugly.
Speaking of ABA, does anyone here think that Abobo (how he originally looked, big, bald and orange-ish) should be in Smash?

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
One thing is certain. Punch-out music will be a sound track for the boxing ring stage. Little Mac has a shot at the roster, but this stage has nothing to do with chances.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Just saying, Dedede's GOT to have a Masked Dedede alt. costume or as his Final Smash (if they decide to change his BIG GAY DANCE) so that we may have Dedede v. Little Mac v. K. Rool v. Donkey Kong.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Just saying, Dedede's GOT to have a Masked Dedede alt. costume or as his Final Smash (if they decide to change his BIG GAY DANCE) so that we may have Dedede v. Little Mac v. K. Rool v. Donkey Kong.
Why do people want K.Rool so much? I always thought of him as a watered down, crappier version of Bowser. Reminded me of Bowser from the Super Mario Super Show. lol

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Why do people want K.Rool so much? I always thought of him as a watered down, crappier version of Bowser. Reminded me of Bowser from the Super Mario Super Show. lol

Something to do with pirates. I support him and Dixie because I love Donkey Kong Country and they both have distinct abilities.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There are a lot of people that believe that. It would be dreadful since the ropes function as a solid platform too. Wouldn't be Final Destination anymore.
The Smash logo doesn't mean anything, not every stage is strictly like it appeared in the game it originated from. Remember the Balloon Fight fish from the Summit stage (which, also, didn't look AT ALL as an Ice Climber stage). You know that Pilotwings stage which features Wuhu Island as well? A little element like a logo doesn't brings logic away from the most obvious thought that, since Punch-Out! is basically the only Nintendo franchise that featured boxing rings (aside DK 64 and Kirby), a boxing ring stage would be a Punch-Out! stage.
I think it is the new Final Destination, and as far as I've been able to tell, the ropes have no collision at all and are purely cosmetic. It very well may be that it kinda "doubles" as a Punch Out! stage given that there's really nothing else you could give Little Mac for a stage so like R.O.B. before him he just won't have a series exclusive stage so much as a stage that kinda nods to him if he's in (and he's a strong possibility, and he would be a good one since Punch Out! is awesome). I'm really curious though where you saw collision with the ropes; that's a way more important issue than silly speculating about unrevealed gameplay elements, and it would really change how I look at gameplay on this stage.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, have you guys ever stopped over-speculating and thought that maybe it's a new Smash original aside from Battlefield and Final Destination?

All of the stages themed towards a certain franchise have certain landmarks, symbols and highly recognizable and distinguishable features from their specific games.

And guess what this ring has plastered all over it? THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Not a "Punch-Out!" or a picture of Little Mac or even a punching glove, THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Ya know, just food for thought if you people wanna try thinking more simply for once.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
You know, have you guys ever stopped over-speculating and thought that maybe it's a new Smash original aside from Battlefield and Final Destination?

All of the stages themed towards a certain franchise have certain landmarks, symbols and highly recognizable and distinguishable features from their specific games.

Not a "Punch-Out!" or a picture of Little Mac or even a punching glove, THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Ya know, just food for thought if you people wanna try thinking more simply for once.

Did you even bother to look at the pics? One would think if it was mint to be original it wouldin't look like it was replicated from another game that has a stage that looks just like that one that our trying to call original lol.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The stage in Super Smash Bros is a boxing ring. Lil' Mac fights on them.

Lil' Mac also breathes air. Air shows up on a lot of stages.

Air confirms Lil' Mac.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

I'm surprised that so far that no one has pointed out the obvious solution to this predicament... Is it a Punch-Out stage or a Smash Bros stage?

It's actually both. Thanks to a little thing called corporate sponsorship.

The references to Punch-Out have already been pointed out by others and it's a logical conclusion that if Little Mac were playable that he would call this stage his turf. However, my theory is that Master Hand (or whoever) created and maintains this "Smash Circuit" for the purpose of being used in matches, yet paying proper homage to the Circuits in the Punch-Out universe.

Also, anyone who has ever been to a real world arena or stadium knows that corporate sponsors are going to plaster their name and logo EVERY CHANCE they get!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would not be surprised if the boxing stage was somewhat inspired by Punch-Out!!...although I could see it being completely original as well.

hsapin

Smash Rookie

Look at the ropes in the background. Don't they look an awful lot like the ropes from:

and this

That doesn't confirm Little Mac, but I highly doubt it's just a coincidence. The ropes could very well have been just one solid color or some smash-themed colors if it was just a generic smash stage. I would say that it at least confirms it as a punch out stage.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even if the Boxing Ring ends up as a smash original stage, you gotta admit, it does borrow some elements from Punch Out!!

Regardless of the outcome, that would be a cool thing for a smash original stage to do.

But it'd be better if it was a Punch Out!! stage.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm surprised that so far that no one has pointed out the obvious solution to this predicament... Is it a Punch-Out stage or a Smash Bros stage?

It's actually both. Thanks to a little thing called corporate sponsorship.

The references to Punch-Out have already been pointed out by others and it's a logical conclusion that if Little Mac were playable that he would call this stage his turf. However, my theory is that Master Hand (or whoever) created and maintains this "Smash Circuit" for the purpose of being used in matches, yet paying proper homage to the Circuits in the Punch-Out universe.

Also, anyone who has ever been to a real world arena or stadium knows that corporate sponsors are going to plaster their name and logo EVERY CHANCE they get!
...I don't think anyone here asked for or cares about your head-canon. No offense, but seriously?

It's a Smash stage until proven otherwise with a reveal. Period.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's a possibility that the Smash icon on the floor is a placeholder texture, possibly to prevent people from easily figuring out Little Mac is in.

It's not that likely, but it is a possibility.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a Smash stage until proven otherwise with a reveal. Period.
What if...

This wasn't a Punch Out!! stage or a Smash Bros stage?

Maybe its Starman's stage. :troll:

But in all seriousness, I think its too early to really call in either of them at this point.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's a possibility that the Smash icon on the floor is a placeholder texture, possibly to prevent people from easily figuring out Little Mac is in.

It's not that likely, but it is a possibility.
No, it isn't. It REALLY isn't.

Now you're really just grasping at straws here.

Maybe its Starman's stage. :troll:
Now I know you're just joking...But in all seriousness...

Who, exactly?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Little Mac is included, I can't see this not being a Punch-Out stage, as that means they would presumably have this stage as a Smash stage... plus another boxing stage, this time from Punch-Out. Seems pretty unlikely. Not to mention all the Punch-Out allusions...

But if Little Mac somehow doesn't end up on the roster... I guess this could be a regular Smash-original stage... but it'd still borrow a lot from Punch-Out. Plus I really can't see Mac not making it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No, it isn't. It REALLY isn't.

Now you're really just grasping at straws here.

Now I know you're just joking...But in all seriousness...

Who, exactly?
Meh, I guess you're right on that note. I still think it's a Smash stage for now.

Also, Starman is from an old Nintendo game, "Pro Wrestling."

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If Little Mac is included, I can't see this not being a Punch-Out stage, as that means they would presumably have this stage as a Smash stage... plus another boxing stage, this time from Punch-Out. Seems pretty unlikely. Not to mention all the Punch-Out allusions...

But if Little Mac somehow doesn't end up on the roster... I guess this could be a regular Smash-original stage... but it'd still borrow a lot from Punch-Out. Plus I really can't see Mac not making it.
Ya know, both boxing rings don't look much different from any other typical one. Have any of you guys actually been to a boxing match before? >_>'

Oh well. Fair enough, N3ON Queen.

This just gives me more of a reason to look forward to the game's release. So that everyone can finally shut up about all this speculation and rumor crap. If the characters they're predicting are in, they can all be happy.

And if they aren't, they can cry about it and then be promptly silenced and shunned until the next game. If there is one, anyway. - -

D

Deleted member

....why is Starman always the one brought up? Fighter Hayabusa was the main character of that game...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know there will be. Melee was SUPPOSED to be the last one, and Brawl was ADVERTISED as being the last one. Theyre full of **** when they say any Smash will be the last Smash.
Well you know, Smash makes em lots of money.

And they've GOT to have...moneeeey~

And stuff, so good point.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Status