• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In SF X Tekken, where the only way he could get in a fighting game was in a giant robot that had nothing to do with Pac-Man because he's a yellow ball with no moveset potential.
Maybe Capcom didn't see any fighting potential in him. But then again they're Capcom. Sakurai, on the other hand, saw fighting potential in a fitness trainer. At least Pac-Man has had games showing fighting ability. Not saying it'll happen, but the "potential" argument against Pac-Man is one of the more ridiculous ones.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
In SF X Tekken, where the only way he could get in a fighting game was in a giant robot that had nothing to do with Pac-Man because he's a yellow ball with no moveset potential.

At this point in Smash, moveset potential should never be a problem for any character. Sakurai is a creative man, as we've seen with characters such as Captain Falcon, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer. I have no doubts that if Pac-Man does manage to make it into this game, Sakurai will give him a unique moveset.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Intentionally killing the hype with these filler pics just to make the Pokemon X/Y release week that much more awesome?

Sakurai, you sly dog you.
The hype is only killed if you let it be killed, so don't let it.
I would caution all to not be so emotionally dependent. I look outside on this gray day and see beauty.
Woo, philosophy every day leads to a happier life, and I don't mean happier in the modern Hedonistic sense.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The hype is only killed if you let it be killed, so don't let it.
I would caution all to not be so emotionally dependent. I look outside on this gray day and see beauty.
Woo, philosophy every day leads to a happier life, and I don't mean happier in the modern Hedonistic sense.
I think you're reading too much into that post. Seriously.

He's saying that Sakurai is intentionally post-poning a Pokemon pic for the day in order to keep the hype and suspense for X/Y and the Smash possibilities up.

It was a positive post. Not a "The hype is dead. I'm bored now" post.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
This picture shall remind me of their friendship: They'll act like friends and then do whatever they can to kill each other.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Always.
Besides, I was using her post to make a point. She is merely a pawn in my agenda of instilling virtue in mankind. Muahahah.
Your plan will never succeed as long as humanity can burn away it's dread.

We will always reach out to the truth.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*sigh* Here come the crazy, delusional and very small group of Pac-Man supporters again. ¦D

SuperBluey2749

Smash Rookie
Sakurai himself said Pacman won't be in SSB4. He said that just because Namco is involved with the development doesn't mean they will add Pacman or any other Namco character.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
To be fair, if namco WERE to get a representative, I have no doubt it'd be pacman. i mean c'mon, he's probably namco's most recognizable character. not to mention he just "fits" in the smash universe. Also, the "he has no moveset potential" arguement doesn't work. anyone who's played a pacman world game could tell you that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Loyd would be amazing. though, how many games has he had? and is he a popular character in the tales series? i wouldn't know, first heard of him from ssf2 lol
Let me put it simply for you.

When it comes to the Tales series, both Tales fans and those not fans of it alike call Tales of Symphonia the FF7 of the entire Tales franchise. This is a widely general consensus and the more you look into it, the more it shows.

Lloyd himself is also very popular. He's not THE most popular character in the cast due to Kratos and Zelos being extreme pretty boys and fangirls loving to ship them with everything, but he's right there under them and is the main character. Plus the anime boosted his popularity up as well.

Sakurai himself stated once before that he would be interested in making a Smash character out of Tales series character and the first one he stated was Lloyd. Symphonia is easily the most well known of the series after all. Vesperia is probably equal to it, but Symphonia was a best seller on the Gamecube while Vesperia was on Xbox. (I believe PS3 only in Japan)

There's also Symphonia's sequel, Dawn of the New World which was on the Wii, but that's not QUITE as well liked at the first one mainly because while Lloyd is there, he isn't the main character. It's seen as being a decent enough game but not a worthy sequel for the first. It still did well enough though considering that it's being updated and re-released with the first game for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles which is the HD release of the series coming out soon. Although, that's for PS3.

So yeah, that's his whole story.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Sakurai himself said Pacman won't be in SSB4. He said that just because Namco is involved with the development doesn't mean they will add Pacman or any other Namco character.

No, Sakurai never once de-confirmed Pac-Man. Rather, Sakurai said Pac-Man is unlikely (yet not impossible). What he has said, in regards to Pac-Man, are:

1. Pac-Man's potential moveset would be difficult to program.
Meaning, of course, if Pac-Man were to even be considered as a playable character, Sakurai and his development team would have to implement a workable moveset for Pac-Man. If Pac-Man cannot be conceptualized as a feasible playable character, then Sakurai will simply disregard him and move on to the next character. If anything, Pac-Man's greatest threat to his chances is his potential play-style not fitting in accordance to Super Smash Brothers, not because of Namco.

2. Namco will not be getting any special treatment in adding their characters at random will.
It means that Pac-Man will not be available for character selection solely because of Namco's development of Super Smash Brothers 4. It also does not mean, however, that not a single Namco character will be available for character selection. If Pac-Man, or any other property of Namco, were to be included in the game, it would be due to deserved merits of Sakurai's criteria, not preferential favoritism. Basically, it if Sakurai wants to add a Namco characterthey would have to go through a rigid procedural process that must be followed - "a special situation". Just like everybody else.

Of course, just because Namco is developing the game, it does not necessarily mean they will be getting characters. However, it also does not necessarily mean they won't be getting characters, either, and if they did, only Pac-Man would be allowed. It all depends on whether or not Sakurai sees Pac-Man as a viable option. Is Pac-Man likely? More than likely not. However, being unlikely is not the same as being de-confirmed. Sakurai has yet to do so.

And please dutifully note I am, in no way, shape, or form, a supporter of Pac-Man's inclusion. I am indifferent. That is all I have to say about this matter.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yeah, I've dabbled with Symphonia a little at a friends house. it seemed pretty complicated lol. And i seeeee, so he's basically the "Cloud" of the series? That makes the want for him a little more understandable to me.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
On the topic of the Tales series:

In terms of Lloyd Irving's chances of character inclusion in Super Smash Brothers 4... There is no doubt Lloyd has considerable potential, in both moveset and series/character representation. Yet, if we were to go by Masahiro Sakurai's criteria for third-party characters, they would have to be on par with the legendary status of Sonic, Snake, and Megaman. Lloyd has yet to make such a claim.

Wave Kusanagi - Can you provide me the link to Sakurai's statement regarding the Tales series? It would be most helpful to my research.

Morbi

Scavenger
On the topic of the Tales series:

In terms of Lloyd Irving's chances of character inclusion in Super Smash Brothers 4... There is no doubt Lloyd has considerable potential, in both moveset and series/character representation. Yet, if we were to go by Masahiro Sakurai's criteria for third-party characters, they would have to be on par with the legendary status of Sonic, Snake, and Megaman. Lloyd has yet to make such a claim.

Wave Kusanagi - Can you provide me the link to Sakurai's statement regarding the Tales series? It would be most helpful to my research.
Helpful... to your... research? Lol?

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
No, Sakurai never once de-confirmed Pac-Man. Rather, Sakurai said Pac-Man is unlikely (yet not impossible). What he has said, in regards to Pac-Man, are:

1. Pac-Man's potential moveset would be difficult to program.
Meaning, of course, if Pac-Man were to even be considered as a playable character, Sakurai and his development team would have to implement a workable moveset for Pac-Man. If Pac-Man cannot be conceptualized as a feasible playable character, then Sakurai will simply disregard him and move on to the next character. If anything, Pac-Man's greatest threat to his chances is his potential play-style not fitting in accordance to Super Smash Brothers, not because of Namco.

2. Namco will not be getting any special treatment in adding their characters at random will.
It means that Pac-Man will not be available for character selection solely because of Namco's development of Super Smash Brothers 4. It also does not mean, however, that not a single Namco character will be available for character selection. If Pac-Man, or any other property of Namco, were to be included in the game, it would be due to deserved merits of Sakurai's criteria, not preferential favoritism. Basically, it if Sakurai wants to add a Namco characterthey would have to go through a rigid procedural process that must be followed - "a special situation". Just like everybody else.

Of course, just because Namco is developing the game, it does not necessarily mean they will be getting characters. However, it also does not necessarily mean they won't be getting characters, either, and if they did, only Pac-Man would be allowed. It all depends on whether or not Sakurai sees Pac-Man as a viable option. Is Pac-Man likely? More than likely not. However, being unlikely is not the same as being de-confirmed. Sakurai has yet to do so.

And please dutifully note I am, in no way, shape, or form, a supporter of Pac-Man's inclusion. I am indifferent. That is all I have to say about this matter.
Nor am i a pacman supporter (wouldn't mind seeing him though), however i don't think move set potential (see literally any pacman world game) will be the thing that holds him back. it would more than likely be decided by:
1.Would he be a good fit for smash bros?
2.Is he iconic enough?
3.Would he bring variety to the roster?
4.Do people actually want to play as him?
Personally, I think he meets requirements 1, 2, and maybe 4. I say maybe, because smashboards doesn't seem to want him, but he's quite popular and i know he has lots of fans out there. No real way to tell which side is the majority. Number 3 is debatable, simply because if he were implemented, we have no idea what kind of play style Sakurai would chose to implement, though i have a suspicion he'd play as a slower melee fighter (once again, see pacman world series) with some quirky specials. So really, It's up to whether or not namco gets a character, and whether or not sakurai feels he would bring something new and fresh to the table. I would prefer Loyd though, since he's cooler, and we have yet to gain a dual-sword weilder.
Back on topic though: Today's pic was awesome, we got THREE, not one, not two, BUT THREE of gaming's biggest mascots in one game. just try to tell me that isn't swagtastic

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Helpful... to your... research? Lol?

By that, I mean staying knowledgeable about potential newcomers and their respective series. After that catastrophic debacle in the Roster Prediction thread, I have shown much more interest in the Tales series, because I am unfamiliar with it.

On the topic of Miiverse - three iconic legends of video gaming, Mario, Sonic, and Megaman, all in one collective shot. It's truly history in the making.

Morbi

Scavenger
By that, I mean staying knowledgeable about potential newcomers and their respective series. After that catastrophic debacle in the Roster Prediction thread, I have shown much more interest in the Tales series, because I am unfamiliar with it.

On the topic of Miiverse - three iconic legends of video gaming, Mario, Sonic, and Megaman, all in one collective shot. It's truly history in the making.
I am still waiting for Pac-Man to truly make it history. I felt feelings of iconic legends in the first 64 game when Pikachu went head to head with Link, Mario, and Kirby. Haha.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
We sure have a lot of people using different shades of purple in this thread. XD

Anyway, I'd love to but I need some help on that. Does everyone remember when there used to be news blurbs and reviews and interviews you could always see the headlines for just up in the corner or wherever back before the site changed up? It was in one of those about 4 to 6 months back, but I haven't been able to find it at all ever since things changed. I've been searching around to try and find them, but dammit I just don't know where to look anymore.

Uh...So yeah...Help? Because until I can find that, I might as well be talking out of my ass for that line and I just can't have that. :<

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
We sure have a lot of people using different shades of purple in this thread. XD

Anyway, I'd love to but I need some help on that. Does everyone remember when there used to be news blurbs and reviews and interviews you could always see the headlines for just up in the corner or wherever back before the site changed up? It was in one of those about 4 to 6 months back, but I haven't been able to find it at all ever since things changed. I've been searching around to try and find them, but dammit I just don't know where to look anymore.

Uh...So yeah...Help? Because until I can find that, I might as well be talking out of my *** for that line and I just can't have that. :<
Well, i can scour google if it helps. can't have you tarnishing your reputation now can we?

EDIT: yeah, can't find anything besides that Namco guy saying he'd love for tales characters to join smash bros

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, i can scour google if it helps. can't have you tarnishing your reputation now can we?

EDIT: yeah, can't find anything besides that Namco guy saying he'd love for tales characters to join smash bros
...Namco guy? I don't even remember seeing something like that. O.o Must be one of those smaller reviews without much attention. I know what I read, but what difference does it make if I can't even share the source? This sucks. - -

Oh well. Disregard and ignore that part of my statements if you want until I can find something to back it up, guys. At least I can stand by the rest of what I said *shrugs*

Until then, sorry for the lack of info, Starmen. :<

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
...Namco guy? I don't even remember seeing something like that. O.o Must be one of those smaller reviews without much attention. I know what I read, but what difference does it make if I can't even share the source? This sucks. - -

Oh well. Disregard and ignore that part of my statements if you want until I can find something to back it up, guys. At least I can stand by the rest of what I said *shrugs*

Until then, sorry for the lack of info, Starmen. :<
here's a link to the story
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31264

Sorta Splody

Smash Rookie
clearly the only suitable smash bros character from namco is the king of all cosmos from katamari damacy :smirk:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
clearly the only suitable smash bros character from namco is the king of all cosmos from katamari damacy :smirk:
I would honestly be perfectly okay with that just for the hilarity of the matter. XD

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Hey guys, sorry I didn't update yesterday, my internet is broken. I'll update once I'm not posting from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom