• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A number of people have been complaining about how the Mario characters look in SSB4 but I think it's a big improvement because they look closer to how they actually look in their respective games, especially their colors. Their colors are brighter and the details compliment the designs instead of popping out too much. For example, I'd argue that the details for the Mario Bros' overalls were too apparent in Melee and Brawl and in this game they're more blended and natural. I also really like what they've done with Bowser because they made him look more like an unintelligent beast in Melee and Brawl. It made him look more savage, which was pretty cool, but that isn't exactly Bowser. He can be fierce but he can also be a bit of a goof too and I'm glad they "softened" his design for this game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I love how the Mario cast looks in this game. Mario finally shows some facial expressions, Luigi was already fine and still is, same for Peach, and Bowser isn't a car anymore. Bowser has definitely seen the biggest improvement, he actually looks and acts like Bowser now, it's great.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I liked Bowser most in Melee. It reminded me much of his NES/SNES incarnations. When he was a force to be reckoned with and didn't look and act stupid. Otherwise I agree that the Mario cast is looking way better than previous games. Though the overall stitches just being lines looks dumb to me. Everything else in-game has so much depth and Mario looks so flat because of that. I hope they don't do the same to Ness and Lucas.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A number of people have been complaining about how the Mario characters look in SSB4 but I think it's a big improvement because they look closer to how they actually look in their respective games, especially their colors. Their colors are brighter and the details compliment the designs instead of popping out too much. For example, I'd argue that the details for the Mario Bros' overalls were too apparent in Melee and Brawl and in this game they're more blended and natural. I also really like what they've done with Bowser because they made him look more like an unintelligent beast in Melee and Brawl. It made him look more savage, which was pretty cool, but that isn't exactly Bowser. He can be fierce but he can also be a bit of a goof too and I'm glad they "softened" his design for this game.
now that you mention it, I love this I would love SO MUCH if they would do the same for toon link (the brawl design doesn't represent him in his game imo)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
"The speed and power of Samus's Charge Shot has been drastically improved. However, that could potentially put her in danger on occasion."

Great to hear! Her charge shot (much like the rest of her attacks, actually) was really underpowered in brawl. Glad to hear that it's getting a proper buff.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hoorah, things may be turning for Samus! Poor thing - from 64 to Melee to Brawl she seemed to get weaker and weaker and slower and slower. I'm loving the little updates which hint how much time Sakurai is spending on balancing the characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Poor thing - from 64 to Melee
Samus was actually quite good in Melee.

I'm not sure where you're coming from on that angle.

Brawl almost ruined her completely though.

I'm glad they're buffing her. I love Samus. I wonder how fast the charge actually is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Balanced Brawl Samus is sexy as hell, I hope she'll be somewhat like that.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Nice pic of the day. I hope they also improve her overall speed to reflect more of the metroid games.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

This picture takes me back so far. I remember playing SSB64 with one of my best friends (he now lives out of state) Brandon. We hardly see each other now but the memories we had together playing games truly are priceless. He would always be Fox on SSB64 and I would always be Samus. I remember losing a match because of that reflector and man I got so mad at him LOL. Course I was in middle school at the time so I was a little immature. Later on I got Melee and switched to being a Marth main and then Brandon never won against me again. I got better than him and he didn't know what to do without winning with his relfector with Fox. I remember him saying "Stop that!" when I was using Marth's counter and reading him so well that he couldn't even get a hit in. Then when brawl came Brandon would always insist smash balls be on so the winner was kind of random. But anyways this pic of the day reminds me of that day back in middle school when I got mad at Brandon for beating my Samus with Fox's reflector in SSB64. Good times... :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There is something a bit nostalgic about today's pic... Fox reflecting Samus's projectiles has been around since the 64 days.

Its pretty crazy how far the series has come.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok samus's charge shot looks bigger and she looks more powerful

And one more thing STOP SCREWING WITH US SAKURAI I SEE THE DANG RIDLEY HOLE AGAIN

D

Deleted member

4 weeks till Pokemon x/y anyone else suspecting a jigglypuff release that day?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yeah, Sakurai just seems to enjoy being a stupid douchebag in regards to Ridley :I He should get revealed in a Nintendo Direct at the end of the week, I demand it.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Glad Samus' charge shot is being improved! I never played as Samus much in Brawl because I thought she wasn't that great, especially her charge shot.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm loving these posts about balance and buffs. First DK and now Samus. One has to wonder, what the heck was he thinking with her Charge shot in Brawl? I mean can she have at least one reliable kill move? This and the DK post have Namco written all over it. I am very happy with the games potential right now. When Samus shot at Villager were we able to make out a faster speed? Maybe it only changed now.

And that hole... Sakurai you little devil, hahaha!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
"However, that could potentially put her in danger on occasion."

inb4 100000000frame lag

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You guys are kinda starting to tempt me to make a joke pic involving Ridley and the Pyrosphere holes.... :T

Oh well, pretty nostalgic pic indeed today. I remember spamming Fox's reflector shield against a team of 3 Level 9 Samus's in the Yoshi's island stage in smash 64. The days of being a little bored kiddo. c:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai might as well be throwing ping pong balls in the faces of Ridley fans at this point. We've seen this stage every single week in an update since it was revealed and he's pushing the boundaries of going maximum overtroll.

On another note, kudos to Sakurai for giving Samus so many buffs already. She was utterly disappointing in Brawl especially when you consider how ZSS was significantly better so I'm glad they're going out of their way to not make the same mistake again.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yay. Now I can abuse Samus' ability as Kirby.

Kirby and Samus team looks like it'll be more devastating.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Ehh the "jump" definitely isn't as large as 64 > Melee or Melee > Brawl but it's still noticeable enough. The stages on the other hand are where Smash really stands out on the WiiU. They're freaking gorgeous (Pilotwings, anyone?). Just look at the Melee background (yuck), the Brawl background (meh), and then the Smash4 background. Night and day.

Plus you also have to keep in mind that these are just screenshots... I'm sure the game will stand out visually more easily in real time.
I actually rather like some of the Melee backgrounds, they were well done for what GC could do. I especially like the Mother backgrounds. Like most 64 and GC games, it had high poly, but also high quality (artistically speaking).

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Dont know if its the distance, but the speed could be appreciated if you see how samus is still not done with the shot animation but the Charge Shot has already gone to Fox and more than halfway back.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that they are giving much needed buffs to characters like Samus and Bowser. Hopefully we will be shown more soon.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm sorry, but I can't get over how polished and amazing Samus looks. I mean, I know she didn't get a complete design overhaul like Bowser, Link, or (in a coloring sort of way) Peach, but she looks great.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also we have Shine in Smash 4, which means the return of Melee players?
?

You mean Fox's reflector? That was in Brawl too.

If you mean the Shine is the same as Melee? Then we have no clue. We haven't seen it in motion.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
One things for sure this might help me use bowser more since hes buffed by faster and more like how he stands in all of the mario games and samus might be back on top for me

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Good post imo.
I'm here to comment on Samus, though. Unless her whole moveset has been tweaked I feel the faster more powerful charge shot is kinda a nerf. One thing I see a lot in Melee is chaining missles and charge shots to trap an enemy for the approach. I don't see her having any moves to approach with now that her charge shot would travel so fast.
But I know little to nothing about Samus. I'm probably wrong.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Brawl Samus just uses the tether attack to approach... and to zone... and to stall... and to do pretty much everything else. The biggest question about Samus from the start is what they're doing with that move; "zair" is 90% of her game in Brawl while it's not even a good move in Melee so the context of what any other buffs even mean probably changes a lot depending on that thing we currently know nothing about.

Charge Shot in Brawl is primarily just a kill move, and it's pretty underwhelming for what it is. If you did want a slow projectile to follow behind, I think homing missiles would be better, but all of Samus's projectiles have fairly long cooldowns while Samus has bad mobility so following behind anything is hard. Of course, this quickly gets to the root of why Samus is a bad character in Brawl. I don't think the faster and more powerful Charge Shot even comes close to fixing all the deep issues this character has, but the enemy being forced to respect a serious kill threat from an advanced range is a huge boon to a character that's mostly attrition based like Samus so I see this as a positive.

Today's picture, on the other hand, is a lot less intersting though it is amusing. It's also yet another picture of the Pikmin stage that doesn't show us that stage's lay-out or dynamics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom