• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
@ the guy who made smashbros-miiverse.com, the move you have labeled as Olimar's side-b is actually his Fsmash :)

Sorry if there is a better thread for this, but I checked the first 2 pages and didn't find anything.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
This kiddies is what we call over-exaggerating. =D

Seriously, even if you liked the update for whatever weird reason, it wasn't that impressive.
You are by far the most negative person on this site.
They could release Ridley and K. Rool as playable characters but you'd find something wrong with their design to complain about.
You really need to just let loose and enjoy the little things. Because all you're doing is sucking the life out of any enjoyment that people have just because they don't live up to your extreme expectations
There is so much negativity in your head that it's impossible for you to be happy about anything
I can't imagine what this has done to your mental health
If you are anything like this in real life than I feel sorry for you. Because you are the biggest drag on here and someone I would never want to meet in real life

Lower your expectations and RELAX for once

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Turning off so many stages hurt Brawl a lot. Top tier Ice Climbers and Olimar were an invention of modern stage lists; those characters were always held back by counter stages like Brinstar, and when those stages disappeared and they began to be assured top quality stages like Smashville instead of mediocre stages like Pokemon Stadium in game 1, they rocketed to the top. When you think about all that was wrong with Brawl's metagame, the malaise that was "never approach" was a big part of it, and can anyone think of two characters who promoted it more than these two? In general the balance was hurt a lot by removing stages; claims that MK benefitted from a large stage list were always contradicted by the evidence, and there was a very strong correlation throughout the game's entire lifespan between how liberal any given region's stage list was and how many mid and low tier mains could be found there. Even more, you might disagree with what I just said, but how can you really dispute it? I mean, I'm claiming here that half a decade of decision making produced exactly the opposite of the desired outcome, and I'm pretty sure no one has any sort of good, hard evidence that I'm wrong. Even if I actually am wrong, isn't it a problem that that's the case? Isn't the fact that everyone had their own ideas about what was a good idea with no basis in anything concrete why there was never a successful unity ruleset across all the regions for the entirety of Brawl's lifespan?
The stages were an issue, but they were far from the main issue. Brawl simply wasn't fit to be a competitive game, and the main reasons for this are located in character balancing and game play mechanics. My proof is Project M. There is always going to be a sort of rock paper scissor element to the game play in terms of character match ups in certain stages, but for competitive play when deciphering skill and nothing else, there is only one logical option for the stages: ban stages with forceful interfering outside elements. What is judged is how these elements interfere. For example, Randal on Yoshi's stage is perfectly legal, but this is because it is not forced into the game play and if used to turn around a match with him it's not something you can just do without the other players consent, you need to strategize, on a pretty technical level at that. Another stage which allowed outside elements was Kirby's Halberd stage, but there's a distinct reason why this is allowed in tournaments. If you get caught in the outside elements out of your own skill, disregarding anything your opponent does, you're probably not playing on a professional level, or you made an unprofessional mistake. If the opponent hits you into it, however, then you simply failed to strategize. Most banned stages usually have elements which force themselves to be a part of the outcome of the match. That being said, I simply don't understand why you dislike the idea of turning off stage hazards, especially the more forceful ones as the Yellow Devil would seem to be. This wouldn't create a debate of whether to use stage hazards, but rather remove the debates of whether or not to ban a stage because of a stage hazard. The Yellow Devil is already confirmed more forceful than any other stage element allowed in tournament legal stages, and it is with this logic that the stage will most likely be banned on a professional level unless that optional stage hazard option becomes a reality. Just look at him, he's huge. Either you're going to be forced to continuously dodge him in the middle, or you will be forced to move to one of the platforms on the side. It's this forcing that just won't do. However, I still do agree with your point that we should save our final judgement until we try it out for ourselves, but there's nothing wrong with making a preparation judgement, or a hypothesis if you will, hmm?

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Im probably just being dumb, but it may not be a stage hazard because pit and villager are looking at it while its in he background, so how are they facing that way??

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Im probably just being dumb, but it may not be a stage hazard because pit and villager are looking at it while its in he background, so how are they facing that way??
Villager is in one of his idle animations that can also be seen in the Developer Direct, he's just facing the opposite way. Pit is in his landing animation, and you can even see that his head isn't facing Yellow Devil. Sakurai simply set up a scene for it to fit the image. It's not the first time he has done so:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
You can always sit dodge shield, roll dodge, spot dodge, or go on the platforms, so I don't see the big deal.
Speaking of air dodge, was it confirmed whether it's the brawl or melee ones?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So, going off the conversation me and a couple of others had last night, we might be in for a short break thanks to New Years. There's a side of me that doubts it though because SSB4's site is a lot more simplistic than Brawl's was. SSB4's updates are a single picture and a sentence or two while Brawl's were 4 or 5 pictures and at least a paragraph so Sakurai could easily do the updates in his housecoat and slippers if he wanted to.

The updates are only one picture so they can leave a week worth of auto updates or something. I doubt anyone would like to focus on work stuff while on holidays. I don't know about Japanese holidays but there are places where people resume work on Jan 2. :/, they might only take Dec 31/Jan 1 off.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I came in here to post that Mewtwo image....

Also, are people seriously complaining about DK not having that godawful serial killer toothy grin from Jungle Beat? I'd sure like some of what you're smoking, because that must be some serious s***.
I know I'm serious. Look at Tropical Freeze. They handle his teeth (and fur) quite nicely there. I'm at the point where I won't mind if Sakurai literally ports his character model from that game.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
No one has posted today's picture with "SOON" written over it in white block letters yet?

And I thought I knew this forum.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
You can always sit dodge shield, roll dodge, spot dodge, or go on the platforms, so I don't see the big deal.
Speaking of air dodge, was it confirmed whether it's the brawl or melee ones?

This is the big deal though, just the fact that you are forced to dodge and go on a side platform close to what seems to be the edge of a stage where another player would have an advantage due to character match up or damage percent, this act of dodging and run away could decide the winner of the match. The problem is that in a tournament match deciphering skill, only the players are supposed to determine the victor of a match by means of how they play, react and adapt to the others play styles, not how they play, react & adapt towards outside elements that could potentially tip the match in favor of another player.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
This is the big deal though, just the fact that you are forced to dodge and go on a side platform close to what seems to be the edge of a stage where another player would have an advantage due to character match up or damage percent, this act of dodging and run away could decide the winner of the match. The problem is that in a tournament match deciphering skill, only the players are supposed to determine the victor of a match by means of how they play, react and adapt to the others play styles, not how they play, react & adapt towards outside elements that could potentially tip the match in favor of another player.
it really is not unfair though, we have fair warning of his appearance and is probably not random. its not like having a bob-omb suddenly spawn during an attack

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
it really is not unfair though, we have fair warning of his appearance and is probably not random. its not like having a bob-omb suddenly spawn during an attack
Whether you have fair warning or not, what if the match keeps you from moving out of the middle in time? Or what if you're a character with a relatively low reach and a high damage percent who becomes forced to edge of the stage in a match against somebody like a Marth? This greatly diminishes their chance of a comeback seeing as a common strategy would be to stay in the center, but this would be pretty difficult with a big blob in the middle of the stage, don't you think?

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
So, going off the conversation me and a couple of others had last night, we might be in for a short break thanks to New Years. There's a side of me that doubts it though because SSB4's site is a lot more simplistic than Brawl's was. SSB4's updates are a single picture and a sentence or two while Brawl's were 4 or 5 pictures and at least a paragraph so Sakurai could easily do the updates in his housecoat and slippers if he wanted to.
I don't know where you are, TheWhiteBowser, but when you get here, PLEASE photoshop an imagine of Sakurai in a housecoat and slippers! *with a cup of coffee in his hand for added measure.....

You are by far the most negative person on this site.
They could release Ridley and K. Rool as playable characters but you'd find something wrong with their design to complain about.
You really need to just let loose and enjoy the little things. Because all you're doing is sucking the life out of any enjoyment that people have just because they don't live up to your extreme expectations
There is so much negativity in your head that it's impossible for you to be happy about anything
I can't imagine what this has done to your mental health
If you are anything like this in real life than I feel sorry for you. Because you are the biggest drag on here and someone I would never want to meet in real life

Lower your expectations and RELAX for once
So my predictions were inaccurate! Wave really hasn't changed from his whimsically, lovably unlikable self! HOORAY!! He still has that tangy edge we all know and......love/hate(?). Sorry for the double-post by the way. I had no idea because I was catching up to the comments. :(

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I know I'm serious. Look at Tropical Freeze. They handle his teeth (and fur) quite nicely there. I'm at the point where I won't mind if Sakurai literally ports his character model from that game.
I'd mind if Sakurai ported his character model from there, in that it would cost a whole lot of money for fur that looks nice, but isn't mandatory for DK to look nice. Screw the giant chiclets. Save those for the Mario vs. Donkey Kong abominations.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think there's something seriously wrong with me. I'm still optimistic for tommorow.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know why people are so upset about today's picture. It seems to me this means that the castle is a real 3D structure in the background that the Yellow Devil actually stands on, regardless of if he is a boss or a hazard. And I actually think that's pretty cool. I am digging these well crafted backgrounds on stages.

My optimism for the week remains strong.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Sakurai just killed my favorite smash stage with my favorite megaman character, damn :/
super lol

I'm gonna get all sorts of ish for this, but hear me out:

What if many stages had boss hazards that could be turned off like items? I dare not say the other known stage I'm thinking of, but, what if?

Also, sorry if somebody already said it, it's whiskey monday and uncle barbecue doesn't feel like reading

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
But even Tropical Freeze knows not to show his teeth when it'd look ugly. Here he is with the same open mouth as in the smash pic: http://www.mariowiki.com/images/e/eb/Donkey_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

So I guess it's situational. DK looks nice with teeth when he's smiling like this: :grin: but not like this: :b:

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Yellow Devil as a hazard is like some straight up Playstation All-stars type of ****
But at least you could turn those off in that game.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
We shouldn't completely rule out the chance of it being apart of the Melee styled adventure mode.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
It'd be kinda neat if you could kill him if you hit him enough times. So he doesn't respawn after a set period of time.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, what are we expecting tonight? New character? New move? New item? New stage? More of the Find Mii/ Animal Crossing 3DS stages? Filler? Luigi's nose? Wii Fit Trainer's buttocks? WHAT?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So, what are we expecting tonight? New character? New move? New item? New stage? More of the Find Mii/ Animal Crossing 3DS stages? Filler? Luigi's nose? Wii Fit Trainer's buttocks? WHAT?
Something.

I'm more interested in thursday (I think its thursday), we might get something KI that day, like another item or something.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Something.

I'm more interested in thursday (I think its thursday), we might get something KI that day, like another item or something.
Actually, considering that Zelda releases this month and the KI anniversary is coming up, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the theoretical Direct reveals Zelda as a returning veteran and introduces Palutena as the next newcomer in the same video (since Sakurai said that each newcomer would have cutscene videos like we got for the first three). That would be pretty awesome, and relevant too considering they're both both female regents, both rule over their lands, both are/would be magic users, and both are all-around awesome and we're awaiting the officially reveal of the inclusion of both, as well as the fact that both have important dates this month and if Sakurai isn't going to reveal a character on the website yet, it seems, why not kill two birds with one stone?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Actually, considering that Zelda releases this month and the KI anniversary is coming up, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the theoretical Direct reveals Zelda as a returning veteran and introduces Palutena as the next newcomer in the same video (since Sakurai said that each newcomer would have cutscene videos like we got for the first three). That would be pretty awesome, and relevant too considering they're both both female regents, both rule over their lands, both are/would be magic users, and both are all-around awesome and we're awaiting the officially reveal of the inclusion of both, as well as the fact that both have important dates this month and if Sakurai isn't going to reveal a character on the website yet, it seems, why not kill two birds with one stone?
That'd be sweet, but we'll just have to wait and see buddy. Sakurai is weird when it comes to these kind of things, he might just reveal a vet and be done with this month.

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
If Yellow Devil is a stage hazard, I see it this way: If there WAS a boss from Megaman implemented, that would leave room for someone more in tune with the series, like a famous robot master (Cutman, Gutsman, Metalman, etc.) or Dr. Wily himself in a Wily Machine more likely to be one. Not that there would be anything wrong with Yellow Devil being a boss, but a Robot Master just says "Megaman" more in my opinion as a boss. On that note, I don't personally mind if Yellow Devil IS a stage hazard. This is Super Smash Bros. after all, and one can just avoid the projectiles and such, assuming they don't cause extreme knockback, or instant KO. This is just a wild guess, but by the looks of it, just like in the Megaman games, his eye could be a weak spot that can/will cause him to go away faster, if so, like how one could smack Birdo and Tingle around on stages in Melee.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If Yellow Devil is a stage hazard, I see it this way: If there WAS a boss from Megaman implemented, that would leave room for someone more in tune with the series, like a famous robot master (Cutman, Gutsman, Metalman, etc.) or Dr. Wily himself in a Wily Machine more likely to be one. Not that there would be anything wrong with Yellow Devil being a boss, but a Robot Master just says "Megaman" more in my opinion as a boss. On that note, I don't personally mind if Yellow Devil IS a stage hazard. This is Super Smash Bros. after all, and one can just avoid the projectiles and such, assuming they don't cause extreme knockback, or instant KO. This is just a wild guess, but by the looks of it, just like in the Megaman games, his eye could be a weak spot that can/will cause him to go away faster, if so, like how one could smack Birdo and Tingle around on stages in Melee.
I always thought Dr. Wily would be a boss, and it seems it could be a high possibility(because of these pics implying YD stage hazard). Which is awesome, although FREAKING CUT MAN would be fine as well. And I'm hoping for a protoman/roll assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom