• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
No part of me understands Sakurai.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the PoTD. I'm just having trouble understanding his thought process here.
This week is officially his last chance to show us things for himself. He's been working on this game for years, and in 4 days, EVERYTHING about the 3DS version will be known. If I were him, I'd want to use this time to show off my favorite parts of the game before it all gets leaked to the world by other people.

I mean, maybe he sees it differently, but I just don't get it. If I worked this hard on something, the last thing I'd want is for all of the best parts of it to get leaked all over the internet by some random kids. I'd want to show it off myself. Sakurai is weird.
Meanwhile, in Japan...

Sakurai: *Sakurai reads unnoticed e-mail detailing ESRB leaks* "...they know about Duck Hunt Dog?"
I don't know, tbh. Maybe he IS aware of the situation, and that's why he's arranged a livestream of SSB 3DS at the Treehouse. Maybe he couldn't arrange it earlier this week. Maybe he believes leaks won't break out before Friday.

I mean, let's face it. We're gonna buy the game in the end no matter who streams first.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Did the tree house stream get a confirmed time to start, or is it still an ambiguous "this Friday"?

FlaygletheBagel

Smash Cadet
NNID
AmateurSalad8
3DS FC
5429-7042-7857
I liked today's update too. I think Sakurai is positioning Classic Mode as a decent Adventure mode substitute (at least on 3DS; hopefully we see a more full-fledged story mode on Wii U, but who knows). 3DS Classic Mode won't really follow a particular story, but it's looking like its fun will lie in its feeling of progression. Plus it's looking increasingly like you can earn most of the extras in the game (trophies, etc) through Classic Mode. I'm excited to play the heck out of it.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I expect a character just the day before Japan's release just to hype things up, it'll be the last boost for the 3DS version.

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
I feel that the Classic results screen almost certainly confirms my suspicions about the strange lack of alts. on some characters and the even stranger inflation of alt. costumes on characters like Little Mac. I think that alt. costumes, like special moves, are things that will be unlocked or given as rewards for certain modes, like Classic.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
>People complaining about Sakurai not giving the game an international release.
I kinda doubt that decision has anything to do with Sakurai. He isn't publishing, funding, or localizing the game. He has control over what content is in the game, that's it. Knowing him he'd probably want an international release anyways to reduce the amount of people who are spoiled. Seriously guys, whether you're defending him or complaining about him, understand that Sakurai doesn't do everything. You're trying to rationalize why one man would make conflicting decisions when they aren't made by one man to begin with.

Also it's debatable that he would rather people see things in the game after it's in the wild as opposed to the post of the day because then the game is speaking for itself, which is what most creators want. Leaks and the PoTD both get in the way of that. At least after launch people can see the game as a whole, even if some people have to wait a bit before they can play it. Keep in mind he didn't really want to show information through the pick of the day, it's just something he felt he was forced to do because of fan demand and the legacy of the Brawl Dojo. People don't get why he isn't using the chance to show everything himself? Where did you get the impression he wants to show everything himself?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hey nice new title for the thread! Inb4 Sakurai reveals a veteran tomorrow... who Im joking #WENUWEDNESDAY

Regarding today's pic: its good to see that we can get more goodies clearing Classic Mode and that roulette looks cool.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Since the entire starting roster is already revealed, I don't think any secret characters (besides Lucina) will be revealed until next week, after the release of the game.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Three
PotD

Days
Left!!!~

*sigh* The time is drawing close now...
I dedicate this day to my absolute most requested veteran character...and the world's most requested as well. The most powerful Pokemon ever created- and perhaps, to ever exist. He rules Pokemon, and he likely ruled the childhoods of many Pokefans across the globe....you all know his name.
Mewtwo.
We all eagerly wait for you to Strike Back!!

and to his new and improved powers that we all hope to see....

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Accually the apocalypse is near

It will be just a matter of time now before we see the missing 1 between 5 characters.
OH MY JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM. How much you wanna bet this guy doesn't film any of the early footage he has, or if he does, that Nintendo takes it down?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It's interesting in one point in regards to how it different from the KI: U which the intensity system is obviously based on. My memory may be a bit off in this regards. In KI: U if you were defeated during the stage, the intensity would simply drop but I am pretty sure you were able to keep any items you found up to the point you died during the stage.
While you kept any weapons you found, I believe they were weakened to a level that the stage dropped too as well as losing some of the hearts you wagered. While it would be possible to make the stats of the equipment worse in Smash, it wouldn't make sense to apply to trophies or customizable moves, so I'm guessing that's why the power decrease was adapted as losing items entirely.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
While you kept any weapons you found, I believe they were weakened to a level that the stage dropped too as well as losing some of the hearts you wagered. While it would be possible to make the stats of the equipment worse in Smash, it wouldn't make sense to apply to trophies or customizable moves, so I'm guessing that's why the power decrease was adapted as losing items entirely.
I image that's probably because unlike KI: U I don't image this equipment will have any variation in their stats so it's probably one of those you either get it or you don't type of situations.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I image that's probably because unlike KI: U I don't image this equipment will have any variation in their stats so it's probably one of those you either get it or you don't type of situations.
The equipment does have random variation in stats in Smash too, which isn't too surprising with Sakurai directing.

"You collect equippable items in the various game modes. The items may have the same name, but their performance will be slightly different."

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry2.html

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
PLEASE SAKURAI!!! You gave Japan a freakin demo today. SOMETHING GOOD TODAY PLEASEEE!!!!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Now it makes sense why Sakurai has been showing us the menus. So that foreigners like ZeRo can navigate it when they download the demo on their imported 3DS

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
So do you think Sakurai will actually post any hype PotDs for today or tomorrow?

Cause right now we have two PotDs left before all Hell breaks loose and the last three days are menus we were going to see in the first 30 seconds to 5 minutes of gameplay.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay now Sakurai... with the demo out... and the stream announcement... and only three days left...

Get this hype train into overdrive.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I predict Menus.
Surprise me, Sakurai. -_-

edit: also, I'm not even going to bother trying to get this before you @Swift Fox
...I'm much more interested in watching Zero play then waiting for another menu pic. :p So yeah.
(watch it be Mewtwo -.-; )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

MORE MENUS!
You can blame the leaker for being a naughty little boy and leaking the roster. Delaying the game would be too extreme a punishment, but boring you guys with constant menu pics sure as hell isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
How about some more music and another PotD that relates to the soundtrack? :')

Oh man, I just noticed the new thread title lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm, can't think of anything.. hopefully the PotD is something interesting.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I'm expecting a menu...
The PAUSE menu. Maybe see how pictures, video, etc can be taken from there, show off some neat features and picture editing. I'm thinking lens flares.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm not sure why but while everyone seems to be hype I can't help but feel kinda bored by recent events. I dunno, somehow when I wonder about how I'm feeling I find that I feel I'm just waiting for the Wii U version. I'll get the 3ds version of course and love it a lot but it won't be easy to choose between digital or physical, play with friends, get used to new controls, possibly see my character, not accidentally spoil myself, and more. And I don't expect the pic of the day to help much. Some new music would be pretty nice though~

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I don't remember if this means anything or not, but Shulk's challenger banner is gone from the website...

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
My hype has dropped considerably this past week. The hype is down, but the excitment is still up there. PotD's are Sakurai's virtual roller coaster rides handing out free tickets to all. I feel like intruders are ruining my fun now. Just hurry up and release the 3DS version already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom