• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I'll give you that, but what I'm trying to say is that having a composer isn't a confirmation. If anything, it's a hint, but nothing more than that. Don't get my wrong, I like Shulk and I think he should be in the game, but this is not a confirmation like many Shulk supporters here are saying.
and i agree but its very unlikely xenoblade will get the goldensun brawl treatment

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Regarding Shulk's "confirmation" because of the composer list, I'm sure there's no need to remind you all about that wonderful Golden Sun Battle Theme that played in Norfair without having Isaac as a playable character, right?

We may get Xenoblade Chronicles music and Shulk as an AT.
My thoughts exaclty ... :(

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So if this is the composer list for the 3DS version, how many composers will we get for the Wii U version?

Pretty sweet update. My ears will definitely be pleased by this awesome soundtrack. Can't believe I actually stayed up for this update though. But whatever, what's done is done.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So... you mean to tell me that we're getting music from the people who made these masterpieces:
ALL OF MY YES.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So... you mean to tell me that we're getting music from the people who made these masterpieces:
ALL OF MY YES.
You forgot dual destinies...

Also, I hear a lot of people saying the current list of composers are for the 3DS. It doesn't say that anywhere, the music section is for both systems. Just wanted to make that clear.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think it's interesting that we have Ballad of the Goddess mentioned as one of tracks for the 3DS version. Which stage do you think it will appear on, Gerudo Valley or Spirit Tracks?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I think it's interesting that we have Ballad of the Goddess mentioned as one of tracks for the 3DS version. Which stage do you think it will appear on, Gerudo Valley or Spirit Tracks?
Maybe neither. He did say that there would be a handful of tracks that would be used solely to listen to, or to be used in Smash Run.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh alderaro...

Saki Kasuga (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)
Fire Emblem series
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
I just woke up...

I just read the caption I have to tell you...

THAT'S THE FREAKING BEST UPDATE EVER (might even beat the stage).the sound test is the best quality you can have for listening since it's directly played from the hardware and uses the original music file that is made to contain a lot of data for great music quality.

To have the ability to listen to music in sleep mode with headphones (mine are noise reduction) is THE BEST THING YOU CAN PUT IN SOUND TEST! And using L and R to navigate in track selection.

That's like an mp3 player, but without the huge quality loss and you get not only a portable ost player, but you also get the best quality possible.

Sound test is the best bonus feature you can give me in any games, but this one is the best PERIOD.

And Just TTYD...

Sorry, but this is EXTREMELY RELEVANT TO MY HYPE NOW!!!

This totally makes up for no announcement of trailer.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I just woke up...

THAT'S THE FREAKING BEST UPDATE EVER (might even beat the stage).the sound test is the best quality you can have for listening since it's directly played from the hardware and uses the original music file that is made to contain a lot of date for great music quality.

To have the ability to listen to music in sleep mode with headphones (mine are noise reduction) is THE BEST THING YOU CAN PUT IN SOUND TEST! And using L and R to navigate in track selection.

That's like an mp3 player, but without the huge quality loss and you get not only a portable ost player, but you also get the best quality possible.

Sound test is the best bonus feature you can give me in any games, but this one is the best PERIOD.

And Just TTYD...

Glad to see you happy, aldelaro.
This soundtrack will very well be the greatest soundtrack of any video game. I'm not even exaggerating.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
My mom made me go to bed before I could see it, and I'm never gonna get another chance. I mean, at least not where it's this hype. Seriously, school is starting soon and that was the last friday before I need to start shifting m schedule. My mom was convinced I had to start doing it now and I missed my first PotD party's finale and I'll never be able to see another one again…….

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
My mom made me go to bed before I could see it, and I'm never gonna get another chance. I mean, at least not where it's this hype. Seriously, school is starting soon and that was the last friday before I need to start shifting m schedule. My mom was convinced I had to start doing it now and I missed my first PotD party's finale and I'll never be able to see another one again…….
You're lucky you got to go to bed earlier. While it was a great update, it was a horrible wait.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I just woke up...

THAT'S THE FREAKING BEST UPDATE EVER (might even beat the stage).the sound test is the best quality you can have for listening since it's directly played from the hardware and uses the original music file that is made to contain a lot of date for great music quality.

And Just TTYD...

I do love the sound test.

At first, I thought idea of using your game as an mp3 player sounded cool. But that got me thinking... my mp3 player alone occasionally falls on the floor, or my earphones get caught on something that yanks my mp3 out of my pocket. Not to mention a 3DS is pretty big, especially an XL.

Do you really want to risk carrying a 3DS around in your pocket like an MP3? I'd rather risk my MP3 than my more expensive 3DS.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I do love the sound test.

At first, I thought idea of using your game as an mp3 player sounded cool. But that got me thinking... my mp3 player alone occasionally falls on the floor, or my earphones get caught on something that yanks my mp3 out of my pocket. Not to mention a 3DS is pretty big, especially an XL.

Do you really want to risk carrying a 3DS around in your pocket like an MP3? I'd rather risk my MP3 than my more expensive 3DS.
You don't understand how much better wav or original file is WAY better than mp3.

Like I have to put the TTYD OST in AAC format for listening on my 3ds. It's like the successor of mp3, but it still has the same problem that makes me hate so much mp3: heavy compression.

Trust me, listening TTYD ost from ripped wav file is just the best audio experience for listening an ost. You can hear every sound in the background and with a sound style designed to work with sounds effects, you miss a lot of audio awesomeness.

I had the idea since a while of a wav portable player, but I tough it wouldn't be possible because wav files takes a lot of space so even an sd card would have a hard time to contain the full wav ost (one file can reach 20 mb and there's around 150 files).

The 3ds being not only wav, but original hardware music AND being portable is what I wanted for any ost since MONTHS. Getting also music from so much game in that quality is just a dream comming true.

I pay A LOT more attention to audio than image because I have a big sight issue from far or small elements. My brain got used to it by an improved hearing which means that I pay attention to the smallest details in music I could possibly tell and images is the same, but the degree is very far from audio.

Which is why I hate mp3, but I have the best sound test ever so I don't care now.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You don't understand how much better wav or original file is WAY better than mp3.

Like I have to put the TTYD OST in AAC format for listening on my 3ds. It's like the successor of mp3, but it still has the same problem that makes me hate so much mp3: heavy compression.

Trust me, listening TTYD ost from ripped wav file is just the best audio experience for listening an ost. You can hear every sound in the background and with a sound style designed to work with sounds effects, you miss a lot of audio awesomeness.

I had the idea since a while of a wav portable player, but I tough it wouldn't be possible because wav files takes a lot of space so even an sd card would have a hard time to contain the full wav ost (one file can reach 20 mb and there's around 150 files).

The 3ds being not only wav, but original hardware music AND being portable is what I wanted for any ost since MONTHS. Getting also music from so much game in that quality is just a dream comming true.

I pay A LOT more attention to audio than image because I have a big sight issue from far or small elements. My brain got used to it by an improved hearing which means that I pay attention to the smallest details in music I could possibly tell and images is the same, but the degree is very far from audio.

Which is why I hate mp3, but I have the best sound test ever so I don't care now.
That wasn't the point in my post though. I'm asking do you want to risk carrying a heavier, larger, expensive games console around to listen to music (if you're out and about) or a somewhat cheaper portable music player.

I'm guessing from the passion of your post is that you don't care.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
You forgot dual destinies...

Also, I hear a lot of people saying the current list of composers are for the 3DS. It doesn't say that anywhere, the music section is for both systems. Just wanted to make that clear.
Try again.

Gotta say I love that sleep music player, definitely gonna use that some time.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That wasn't the point in my post though. I'm asking do you want to carry a heavier, larger, expensive games console around to listen to music (if you're out and about) or a somewhat cheaper portable music player.

I'm guessing from the passion of your post is that you don't care.
For that much quality?

YES 100 times (mash A 100 times...please get this reference someone).

I tell you, I hate mp3 from the bottom of my heart. I have to upload the 2 files to tell you how much better wav or original files is just...beautiful while mp3 is basically screwing up the true music intent.

So, of course I don't care. Like, I bough a 100$ headphones to get a similar feel than using speaker. It feels like the music is surrounding my head and that was from wav...imagine this.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Where are the Professor Layton composers? I need my Accordion fix in one of them Smash music!

That's great. And I'm glad I finally got to hear that Spirit Tracks theme clearly without all these background noise going on. Kinda coincidental that I was talking about Smash Music just today but hey. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You guys see any Kirby composers here? Seems like an odd omission.
So what? It's not like there won't be Kirby songs.

In Brawl, there weren't any F-Zero composers, yet there was newly remixed F-Zero music. The artists don't necessarily have to work with material from games they worked from. This happened in Brawl and likely will happen again.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ahh.

Oh, reading the update, my 3DS can now be essentially an iPod. Cool!

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
MP3 Mode, you say? Come October 3,2014, I will never leave the house without my 3DS again.

Last edited:

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
said by aldelaro5
I tell you, I hate mp3 from the bottom of my heart. I have to upload the 2 files to tell you how much better wav or original files is just...beautiful while mp3 is basically screwing up the true music intent.
Your right wav is amuch better format its sad that alot of people dont know that. I think some can't even tell the difference or just don't care. MP3 cuts off notes and compresses them. But some people don't want to pay and itunes is just easier. Its sad really.

Anyway looks like we will get a great selection of music.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Just so all y'all know know, only 7 of those artists fall under the special category of not having worked on brawl music, and not being owned by nintendo or namco.

If they made music for brawl before, reguardless of what they're known for, their compositions require their credit and no information can be derived from them appearing. If they work for namco or nintendo, this at the most can give a chance to their best known work to appear as a musical track. just as in brawl there were dozens of series that simply had music tracks as their only representation.

that said, the 7 artists are
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)
Masashi Hamauzu
Hideki Sakamoto (noisycroak Co., Ltd.)
Tetsuya Shibata (Unique Note Co., Ltd.)
Kumi Tanioka
Shohei Tsuchiya (TAITO / ZUNTATA)

some of these artists are known for capcom games but notable, theres a large assortment of artists known for square games, and quite a few people known for taito specifically (which square owns).

it's odd for square enix musicians to be making an appearance.

People think ACE confirms shulk being in. but xenoblade is a nintendo franchise first and formost, so all this confirms is that the music's in the game. shulk is just as likely (by not giving a grain of truth to rumors) to be an assist trophy.

it's important to also note that one returning artist from brawl, Nobuko Toda, is one of the few artists that is only credited with one song. that one being a metal gear solid song.

now if his only game he's known for is MGS and that's what he did for brawl, chances are metal gear solid is going to surprise us in one way or another.

I think the greatest thing this announcement confirms is all the characters that AREN'T making an appearance. franchises can be deconfirmed if their music composer could have made an appearance but is not in this game.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
*looks*

*doesn't see any composers from Mega Man 1-4 (nor 5 or 6)* :c

Anyway, as noted, this list doesn't include composers of music that is being reused as opposed to original or remixed songs. And certain series are likely to use more unremixed songs than others (i.e. series that have console releases on GameCube or later). We saw several Zelda songs used in their original forms. Xenoblade, for example, would be one that they could use several songs directly from the game, no problem. But it also could use some remixes since many of the songs are a bit chill for Smash.

It is dangerous to read too much into certain inclusions, especially if they're composers who have established relationships with 1st or 2nd party developers.

However... the one that I might read a little into is that Nobuko Toda has no connection to Nintendo and is a composer for several MGS games. And her only contribution to Brawl was an MGS song.

However, that could just mean that she got asked to contribute on the basis of contributing to Brawl and thus having a relationship to the Smash series already. This is far from confirming Snake, but I will say that it's certainly the strongest hint at him that we've gotten so far.
Just so all y'all know know, all but 7 of those artists fall under the special category of not having worked on brawl music, and not being owned by nintendo or namco.
Nintendo's composers aren't slaves, they aren't owned by Nintendo!
I think the greatest thing this announcement confirms is all the characters that AREN'T making an appearance. franchises can be deconfirmed if their music composer could have made an appearance but is not in this game.
Definitely a false inference.
  1. Music can be used from games without remixing it, those composers wouldn't be listed here.
  2. Similarly composers of the original songs which are put into arrangements will not be credited here, e.g. David Wise was not credited for DKC music on the Brawl Dojo.
  3. Music can be remixed by people other than their original composers, and this happened plenty of times in Brawl as well (see David Wise again for an example).

Last edited:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah but nintendo owns donkey kong, they can make music for it by anyone just as they can have the metroid prime studio make a donkey kong game.

if they're listed as (NINTENDO) then sakurai is free to ask them to produce any franchises' music.

Soul.

Great, Sound Test is in the 3DS version and you can listen to songs in Sleep Mode. That's cool.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
No musicians from Sega? Wow, probably not gonna have any remixes. Oh well I can at least expect good original sonic music to show up. I just hope its not only two music from green hill zone in the 3ds version.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
  1. Similarly composers of the original songs which are put into arrangements will not be credited here, e.g. David Wise was not credited for DKC music on the Brawl Dojo.
That's good to know. I want to hear some new DKC remixes for this game. Let's have an even better sticker brush symphony remix.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lol people are complaining about this update.
Babies, this update is pretty awesome.

Though I personally love the music in the games.

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
You know what i would love for to happen?

Most likely won't ever happen, but it would make a lot of sense. Mario Kart 8 had a Direct, revealing everything, on April 30th. Exactly one month before it's release. Why can't the same be for Smash? D:

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Most likely won't ever happen, but it would make a lot of sense. Mario Kart 8 had a Direct, revealing everything, on April 30th. Exactly one month before it's release. Why can't the same be for Smash? D:
ya im pretty sure your not supposed to do that

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

For a second you got my hype up, only to crush it a second later.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I really like this update. Probably my favourite of the week. The music in Smash tends to be very good and seeing a lot of good composers in there has me pumped that a lot of good tracks will grace our eardrums in this iteration of Smash Bros.

I really enjoy the Multi-Man theme and the Spirit Train song. I guess the former confirms that every mode will have its own little remix of the main theme but that's not a surprise. The Smash bros 4 main theme is very good, my favourite in the series even, so hearing it around won't be an issue.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Wow. . . I just read all the hype posts from last night and All I can say is that Smash fans are dedicated! Over 500 people viewing a thread, the site crashes, and pulling an all nighter for a pic? Props to you all! I crashed around 3:00 my time :0

The pic of the day truly wasn't that bad either! Sure it wasn't a character or trailer or anything, but really I was wondering if Sakurai would update us about the music selection in the 3DS version!

Overall great week for smash, very great week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom