• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Pic of the day. Here's the place you equip powers for Smash Run. Pack a good mix of them like a lunch box, and off you go! You can change how your powers are set up by touching their icons and dragging them."

"If you hit the X Button, it will randomly fill up the remaining weight allowance with powers. You can keep changing the line-up as many times as you please. The level of a power is proportional to its strength, number of uses, and weight. Organizing them might be easier if you label your favorite powers with a ★."

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord

Pic of the day. Here's the place you equip powers for Smash Run. Pack a good mix of them like a lunch box, and off you go! You can change how your powers are set up by touching their icons and dragging them.

If you hit the X Button, it will randomly fill up the remaining weight allowance with powers. You can keep changing the line-up as many times as you please. The level of a power is proportional to its strength, number of uses, and weight. Organizing them might be easier if you label your favorite powers with a ★.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we get Bowser's Castle as today's POTD. It's about time the King's Palace made its long overdue Smash debut. :4bowser:

Barring that, some info on Stage Builder, Event Matches, All-Star Mode, Trophy Run, or Break the Targets would be appreciated.

EDIT: Oh some more Smash Run stuff. Cool I guess.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

English version.

/consolation

Pic of the day. Here's the place you equip powers for Smash Run. Pack a good mix of them like a lunch box, and off you go! You can change how your powers are set up by touching their icons and dragging them.

ninja'd

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

If you hit the X Button, it will randomly fill up the remaining weight allowance with powers. You can keep changing the line-up as many times as you please. The level of a power is proportional to its strength, number of uses, and weight. Organizing them might be easier if you label your favorite powers with a ★.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Now to wait 4 hours to see if Sakurai forgot there will be a Newcomer announced on Monday since it's been over a month since Robin and there's probably 2 more trailers left.

Last edited:

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet
Well, early PotD yet again. Man, I guess this is Sakurai's new schedule. Each day of this week, he uploaded around the same hour. (excluding Wednesday, most likely for the extra site updates)

Watch as next week, he decides to post them late to catch us off guard yet again. :awesome:

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
"Pic of the day. Here's the place you equip powers for Smash Run. Pack a good mix of them like a lunch box, and off you go! You can change how your powers are set up by touching their icons and dragging them."
Smash Run is like lunch... Well you heard it here first folks. The wise words of the director of one of the biggest games ever, beautiful.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Second Caption:
"If you hit the X Button, it will randomly fill up the remaining weight allowance with powers. You can keep changing the line-up as many times as you please. The level of a power is proportional to its strength, number of uses, and weight. Organizing them might be easier if you label your favorite powers with a ★."

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Filler Friday! Woot!

Not hatin', still info tonight. Good week. AND GOOD NIGHT!!!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Here's the weekly result with recent PotDs.

PotDs left (if always available until released in Japan): 20
Weeks left: 4
Long overdue: New alternate outfit
Missing Final Smashes: 6
Required stages reveal: 2 (for repped series that have no stages, not even returning stages)
New disconfirmations left: 5 (apparently about 1 every week)
New information, alt outfits, moves, items, and complete fillers left allowed: 7

--this week--
August 15 – (-01:57) – NEW INFO: Pack your favorite Smash Run power-ups in a "lunch box" :troll:
August 14 – Mega Man (-01:55) – NEW MOVE: Megaman's custom movesets
August 13 – Meta Knight (+01:00) – NEW CHARACTER: Meta Knight
August 12 – Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Pac-Man (-01:54) – NEW INFO: S-Flag, if hold long enough, gives you bonus.
August 11 – Mii Fighter (-01:54) – FILLER: Cosplays
--last week--
August 8 – King Dedede, Kirby (-00:43) – NEW STAGE: Game Boy stage for 3DS
August 7 – (-01:06) – NEW INFO/INDIRECT NEW DISCONF: Trophy Shop / Dr. Wily and Oikonny as trophy
August 6 – (-00:42) – NEW INFO: Victini and Xerneas are support Pokemon
August 5 – Pit (+00:06) – NEW ITEM: Daybreak
August 4 – (-00:34) – NEW DISCONF: Prince of Sable as assist/reg trophy
--2 weeks ago--
August 1 – (-00:51) – NEW INFO: Target Blast
July 31 – (+00:14) – NEW STAGE: Pokemon stage for 3DS
July 30 – DK, Villager (-00:42) – PREV ITEM: Boss Galaga
July 29 – Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, Luigi (-00:43) – NEW STAGE: Paper Mario stage
July 28 – Link (-00:41) – NEW DISCONF: Takamaru as Assist Trophy
--3 weeks ago--
July 25 – (-00:54) – NEW INFO: 3DS menu
July 24 – Rosetta, Yoshi, Lucina, Zelda (-00:37) – NEW INFO: Various Tomodachi stage elements
July 23 – (-00:42) – NEW INFO: Dr. Wily stage for Wii U now also for 3DS with daylight changes.
July 22 – (-00:49) – NEW STAGE: Star Fox stage for Wii U
July 21 – Robin (-00:53) – PREV MOVE: Robin's Nosferatu
--4 weeks ago--
July 18 – Little Mac (-00:49) – FILLER: Screen K.O.
July 17 – Peach (-00:51) – FILLER: Cats in living room
July 16 – (+00:41) – NEW MOVE: Levin sword and tomes
July 15 – Marth (-00:15) – NEW INFO: Lucina is Marth clone with minor differences
July 14 – (-00:55) – NEW DISCONF: Rayman as trophy
--5 weeks ago--
July 11 – (+00:00) – NEW MOVE: Taunts
July 10 – Samus (+00:11) – NEW ALT: Samustrooper, 'Murica Mario
July 9 – (-00:30) – NEW INFO:
July 8 – Palutena, Diddy (+00:16) – NEW MOVE: Palutena up smash
July 7 – (-00:53) – NEW MOVE: Mii Fighter forward smash
--6 weeks ago--
July 4 – (-00:52) – NEW INFO: Pac-Maze stage elements
July 3 – (+00:00) – FILLER: Megaman FS HD details
July 2 – (+00:06) – NEW ALT: Rosetta's alt color, Tuxedo Mii
July 1 – (+00:08) – NEW ALT: Little Mac's pink sweater
June 30 – Olimar (+00:07) – NEW DISCONF: Poppant, bonus characters in Smash Run
--7 weeks ago--
June 26 – (-00:57) – NEW INFO: Mii Fighter height=stats differences
June 25 – (-00:57) – NEW DISCONF: Nabbit as stage hazard
June 25 – (-00:08) – FILLER: Balloon Fight
June 24 – (-00:16) – NEW ALT: Link's skyward sword texture
June 23 – (-01:01) – FILLER: There's always someone bigger
--long forgotten characters--
June 20 – Sheik
June 13 – Sonic
June 6 – Ike
May 21 – Greninja, Bowser
May 15 – ZSS
May 13 – Charizard
April 30 – Toon Link
March 27 – Fox
February 11 – Lucario

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Is it possible that the reason some pics get posted late in English is because they have to tephra slate straight from the picture? Like, use some photo shop magic and directly make it English?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Robin/Lucina trailer announcement came four hours after the original PotD comment, but I agree that it's seemingly doubtful that we may get a newcomer this month.
He already has a comment up, possible he will add another but I doubt it. I do think we will get a newcomer this month, but I think it will be with a general Nintendo Direct.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So much Uprising inspiration.
I'm not even mad. I just think it's funny, granted, expected since Sakurai's been taking random things from all of his games and putting them into other games for the longest time.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the Pics of the Day just ends up being a snapshot of a menu from Kid Icarus Uprising. :troll:

Last edited:

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Some of those powers are reminding me of the buffs that stickers gave in Subspace...AKA nothing I will ever use.

Though the implication that the items have different levels is really interesting. It could be different levels of power, higher levels last longer (This would work for items like the Franklin Badge and the Back Shield), or something else that I haven't considered yet. And how will the Smash Run items compare to items in other game modes? Is the Rocket Belt that you find in a Classic match equivalent to a fully leveled up Smash Run version, or is it the level one version?

I'll call this pic not a failure, if only because it's giving me some good food for thought.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Filler Friday! Woot!

Not hatin', still info tonight. Good week. AND GOOD NIGHT!!!
Filler...info...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ahh Smash Run. Sakurai and co. are trying so hard to make people want to play you yet in the end you could end up the same as SSE or worse. SSE at least had the usefulness of easily unlocking every character if one didn't want to or was unable to hack. Smash Run might or might not be tied to unlocking certain things be it characters, stages, items, music, trophies or something else. However, I highly doubt it will be a way to unlock every character or every anything for that matter.

With all that said, I'm not saying I won't play it or that no one will. It's just that years down the road many people could get sick of it just as people got sick of SSE and be ignored in favor of the main mode (whatever its official name is, the ffa/brawl/mode tournaments use).

Kinda unfortunate possibility seeing how much the creators want people to pay attention to it. Dah well, 'rant' over (or whatever you'd call that '-'; ) picture was okay.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
He already has a comment up, possible he will add another but I doubt it. I do think we will get a newcomer this month, but I think it will be with a general Nintendo Direct.
The same night he announced the Robin trailer, he had the picture for Pac-Man's Namco Roulette taunt, and a comment with a a picture showing six of the icons in that taunt.

So the precedence is there for tonight.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
So much Uprising inspiration.
I'm not even mad. I just think it's funny, granted, expected since Sakurai been taking random things from all of his games and put them into other games for the longest time.

I would love something like this to be implemented in SSB4.

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet
Also, iirc, it seems like that the power-ups have different levels to them like how powers did in Uprising, neat.

inb4 Uprising complaint

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ahh Smash Run. Sakurai and co. are trying so hard to make people want to play you yet in the end you could end up the same as SSE or worse. SSE at least had the usefulness of easily unlocking every character if one didn't want to or was unable to hack. Smash Run might or might not be tied to unlocking certain things be it characters, stages, items, music, trophies or something else. However, I highly doubt it will be a way to unlock every character or every anything for that matter.

With all that said, I'm not saying I won't play it or that no one will. It's just that years down the road many people could get sick of it just as people got sick of SSE and be ignored in favor of the main mode (whatever its official name is, the ffa/brawl/mode tournaments use).

Kinda unfortunate possibility seeing how much the creators want people to pay attention to it. Dah well, 'rant' over (or whatever you'd call that '-';) picture was okay.

I can do several paragraph of rant to tell how SSE was way worse than this and it's not because of the modes themselves, but their implementations.

Really, I like how this mode is going especially with the rest of the game going better than before. there's no reasons to be worried that it'll be worse.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Eh nothing to interesting, but I can't really complain. It was overall a good week for daily pics.

He really has to start revealing more stuff soon though with the game coming out in Japan in a few weeks.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

I can do several paragraph of rant to tell how SSE was way worse than this and it's not because of the modes themselves, but their implementations.

Really, I like how this mode is going especially with the rest of the game going better than before. there's no reasons to be worried that it'll be worse.
Smash Run being worse isn't really the problem. I agree that Smash Run looks better than SSE. The problem is that if Smash Run goes through the same problem that SSE did where people kinda just forget about it it won't have any niche to go with it.

Me and my cousin couldn't stand SSE after we did it the first time but I've gone through many Wiis and with each one I had to unlock everything again. SSE helped with that. Smash Run won't have that. It could become forgotten and useless, SSE just became forgotten (and useless if you hack).

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Smash Run being worse isn't really the problem. I agree that Smash Run looks better than SSE. The problem is that if Smash Run goes through the same problem that SSE did where people kinda just forget about it it won't have any niche to go with it.

Me and my cousin couldn't stand SSE after we did it the first time but I've gone through many Wiis and with each one I had to unlock everything again. SSE helped with that. Smash Run won't have that. It could become forgotten and useless, SSE just became forgotten (and useless if you hack).
But Smash Run is City Trial. And City Trial is the best game mode ever.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

It's not even the issue it had.

It's overcentralisation. Most of the repping and contents was based on the needs of SSE to fir better in SSE for the good of SSE.

That created weird priorities and the broadness of the general repping wasn't constent and there was several issues with it.

Basically, there was so much effort put into this that the rest of the game had apparent lack of effort put into them. Some evidences even suggest that is was so badly implemented that it could explain dual layers disc, longer loading times and wasting dev time as one of the cause that some contents would have been cut.

It's not because of the mode itself, but how overcentralised it was in its implementation to go as far as hurting the rest of the game in a bad way.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
But Smash Run is City Trial. And City Trial is the best game mode ever.
Except that they are different, similar sure but still different. I would imagine City Trial was played around the same amount if not more than the main mode in Kirby Air Ride, not sure if Smash Run will be the same way.

Anyways, I can imagine that was partly a joke or that there was some humor behind that comment or something so I'll try not to reply with a super serious tone '-';

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom