• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Who is this giant dude?

EDIT: I guess I giant nightmare wizard haha. Yay for more Kirby!

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Dee will happen! I can feel it in my Maximum Tomatoes!

Nightmare is freaking awesome. I love this picture... the three Kirby characters finally together <3
We are missing someone.....Adeleine :troll:

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Pic of the day. Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This still looks fake. I love it though. It's a shame Nightmare doesn't attack... not sure how this is assisting.

Still, finally more Kirby stuff!

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Wait, all he does is make the screen go dark? That's... slightly underwhelming given his appearance.
Oh well, it's still cool to see him here!

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
Just like Skull Kid, Nightmare seems to be sorta "wasted potential" for an Assist Trophy if all he does is make the screen dark. Well the model for his character looks fantastic at least and his ability does make sense (unlike Skull Kid's gravity flip...)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
...hot DANG does Nightmare look freaking beast!

I'm really liking tonight's update if only because that 3D model of Nightmare looks amazing. Never before have I been so happy to see an Assist Trophy reveal.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Yeah, Bandana Dee teasing.
It's definitely not just a picture showing a new Kirby Assist Trophy while the other playable Kirby characters are onscreen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Great to see more references to Kirby's Adventure. By far the most influential game in the series and my personal favorite.

That said, with all four of them and the Star Rod in Smash now we better get this as a song:

Last edited:

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
This is awesome to be seeing a Kirby assist trophy. Was afraid it was only Knuckle Joe.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So part of Togepi became an Assist Trophy, not bad I suppose. We still have Shadow and the Timer in the same game so why not? Never played Kirby's Adventure although I want to at some point.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Nightmare "Wizard?"
Has that always been a his name? I thought it was just "Nightmare."

Regardless, his model looks amazing [albeit fake].

Edit: Guiz, that's his KNiDL design, not Kirby's Adventure. See the crazy horns?

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
You know, I was actually hoping to face the Nightmare Wizard as a boss in Smash Run. Oh well, this is cool too.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Just like Skull Kid, Nightmare seems to be sorta "wasted potential" for an Assist Trophy if all he does is make the screen dark. Well the model for his character looks fantastic at least and his ability does make sense (unlike Skull Kid's gravity flip...)
At least it gives me hope of a Clock Town tower stage where there's a 3-day cycle ending with the moon crashing down. ('cause the Skull Kid AT summoning the moon while there's already the moon as a stage hazard would be odd.)

Am I the only one who feels like there are starting to be too many Assist Trophies?
I hope that perhaps you can choose which ones appear to a degree.
And Pokeballs, too. I want that as well.

Who is this giant dude?
HOLY SHEET! What is that?

----

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is quite assist trophy it really stands out among the crowd as in taking up a very large amount of the screen. I must admit of all the Kirby villains to reference, who would have thought to see Nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom