• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish we could have gotten these deconfirmations sooner. This just feels like getting shot in the leg when your a few steps from the finish line: you're so close and then POP! it's all over.

And I haven't even had a character I want deconfirmed yet.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, that is just conjecture. For all we know it could be a whole sub-series condensed into one stage so it can easily fit into the Mario umbrella without taking too much of the attention.
Yeah, but there's another problem...

I would honestly found weird to have only the 3DS getting a stage. I know that it starts on sticker star which is the only game released on handhled, but then, why it reps TTYD? If it was just for sticker star, then I guess it would make sense, but what does TTYD have to do on 3DS if it's just a branch?

Because the problem is that 3 out of 4 games were released on home console. Getting a 3ds stage with a home console game would be "not fitting" if there's no WiiU stage. If you rep this as a whole, but not on the right system, why the WiiU would NOT get one?

I know it's subjective, but you'd have 2 stages now and one would focus on general while WiiU would focus on something more related to home console.

I just don't see only one 3ds stage with how it rep something not related to the system.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really wish we could have gotten these deconfirmations sooner. This just feels like getting shot in the leg when your a few steps from the finish line: you're so close and then POP! it's all over.

And I haven't even had a character I want deconfirmed yet.
That's why I'm lucky

I support characters that won't even get an AT

No deconfirmations for me

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Surprised to see him appear at all to be honest, so I'm fine with this. I hope we get as many deconfirmations as possible nearing release so we can slowly but surely close speculation instead of just getting hit by a bomb on September 13.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's probably sad that speculation is ending, but you know, every user in here has been waiting for this moment to come, I guess.
I know most users aren't interested in competitiveness, but it's a cycle. From speculation to competitiveness and from competitiveness to speculation. I mean, speculators can still play the game online with whichever rules they want and can also come here to speculate about the next Smash Bros. game while the others are playing Smash 4 competitively.
But as you said, it's crazy to know that Smash 3DS is coming out in Japan soon.
I love to speculate and compete so win-win for me~ But hey! Think of it this way! This is the very first time the smash cycle will have a very interesting twist! While we're playing the 3DS version, we're still speculating on Wii U stages and modes! Sure, it'll be a little less exciting since we'll already know the roster, assist trophies, alt costumes, custom moves, and much more, but... still! It'll be different! Competition and speculation at the same time! We might unlock characters on the 3DS version and come back here saying "Well golly, the stage on the 3DS that I fought that character represented them great! That must mean they're getting a Wii U stage too though! Wowee zowee!" I'm looking forward to this weird unexperimented time!

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The Paper Mario stage however, doesn't follow this logic and that's because of the comparison between the 2 pictures presented. The first one shows a game from 2012 while the second one shows a game from 2004 and we still don't know if there's more. But just the pictures, it's a 8 years gap between the game repped. That's VERY broad, so much that it reps the series of at least 75%. The only game that would be omited is PM64 and SPM is implied since an older game got repped.
That's not how percents work. There are 4 Paper Mario games. 2 out of 4 is 50%, not 75%. And you can't determine whether or not there is a Paper Mario stage on Wii U or not yet. I mean, we didn't get 3DS stages for Sonic or Mega Man until just recently, and some characters' franchises STILL have no stages yet.

As for everything else, it's all just wishful thinking. Paper Mario would fall under the blanket of Mario/Mushroom symbol.

Wario, Donkey Kong & Yoshi games all start different characters. They get separated. Paper Mario still stars Mario. They don't call him "Paper Mario" in the games. He's just Mario. Like Dr. Mario before him, he'd represent the Mario franchise, even though the series is different enough to justify itself.

Similarly, Luigi should be able to justify himself as a franchise. I mean, Luigi's Mansion is nothing like a Mario game, but it is still listed under "Mario". Paper Mario is also listed under Mario in both Melee & Brawl.

I'd be legitimately surprised to see Paper Mario get its own symbol, and not just blanketed under "Mario" with a normal Mushroom symbol like Mario Kart, Dr. Mario, Super Princess Peach or Luigi's Mansion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Poor BluePikmin, his inbox must be packed right now with all these tagged notifications...........

Oh well at least the Prince of Sable showed up as an Assist Trophy which is quite a feat of it's own. :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That actually only tells that the stage is from this series but not for who this stage was made and in fact, he wasn't clear on that matter.

Also, I made an icons for his series. The mushroom in paper is a little too similar.

I tend to be perfectionist when I have interest :)
I've always thought that the Paper Mario symbol would be an open book.

Maybe it could have a pop-up 'M' for added effect.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The only thing I know about this character is what he looks like since Bluepikmin11's picture is/was him. Can't say I really care about him being deconfirmed but others care so my condolences and what not.

Last week started with a deconfirm and then a new stage. Maybe this week can be the same? Prince of Sable deconfirm followed by Sauria stage or a new Kirby stage

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The only thing I know about this character is what he looks like since Bluepikmin11's picture is/was him. Can't say I really care about him being deconfirmed but others care so my condolences and what not.

Last week started with a deconfirm and then a new stage. Maybe this week can be the same? Prince of Sable deconfirm followed by Sauria stage or a new Kirby stage
Or a new Metroid stage.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, after Takumaru I was thinking he would be next in line for the retro rep. I'm kinda doubting that we will even get a retro rep this game. I guess were are only gonna get the new and shiny characters.

Reila

To be honest, after Takumaru I was thinking he would be next in line for the retro rep. I'm kinda doubting that we will even get a retro rep this game. I guess were are only gonna get the new and shiny characters.
Because Takamaru and Sablé Prince are the only viable ~dead~ retro characters remaining in Nintendo's history, right?

Reila

Or that! First thoughts go to Tallon IV or...Aether although, I have bad memories of Prime 2.
I was thinking about a 3DS stage, actually, since the Wii U version has the Pyrosphere already.

The stage would probably be from Zero Mission or Fusion, I hope think.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Maybe whatever Sakurai reveals will be linked to deconfirmations of the character, or the character associated with the reveal..
For example: Takamaru as AT, deconfirmed
Paper Mario stage, Paper Mario deconfirmed
Prince of Sablé as AT, deconfirmed
I hope I'm wrong with this

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I was thinking about a 3DS stage, actually, since the Wii U version has the Pyrosphere already.

As long as it won't be a Hunters stage I'm fine. Always thought Sector 6 (NOC) would make a great Fusion stage, it could have a darkness mechanic where there's only light surrounding characters and fire moves.

Reila

As long as it won't be a Hunters stage I'm fine. Always thought Sector 6 (NOC) would make a great Fusion stage, it could have a darkness mechanic where there's only light surrounding characters and fire moves.
I was thinking of Sector 5 (ARC), it would be the very first "ice-based" Metroid stage. Plus, Nightmare could be a hazard/boss.

And yeah, I don't want a Prime Hunters stage either.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Maybe whatever Sakurai reveals will be linked to deconfirmations of the character, or the character associated with the reveal..
For example: Takamaru as AT, deconfirmed
Paper Mario stage, Paper Mario deconfirmed
Prince of Sablé as AT, deconfirmed
I hope I'm wrong with this
Why would a paper mario stage deconfirm Paper Mario?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why would a paper mario stage deconfirm Paper Mario?
It would maybe do the opposite actually.

I still expect another tease by stage reveal. This one seems to have been very late so I guess he has time for a last one?

Also, I didn't care that much, but it indirectly helps Ridley, again!

His case is so crazy.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

Ah, true. We could get a stage that goes from planet to planet. There's Tallon IV, Aether, all of the planets from Prime 3 and Hunters, all of the different sectors from that station in Fusion, Zebes and so many more. Plus the 3DS seems to have a lot of stages like that. The Pokemon stage, the new Paper Mario one, 2 scrolling Mario stages iirc and the Zelda train. All 'moving' in some way.

Actually, when it comes to planet hopping, they could do that for Metroid, Starfox and/or Kirby.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Here it is guys, since you haven't talked about it yet (there's two):

Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.

In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I...don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan.
Assist Trophy from the Trophy description it seems. Sorry guys and @BluePikmin11

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Yup, from the trophy description it seems to be an Assist Trophy. Still, at least we have him in the game at all. Who is our promised retro character, after we've deconfirmed Takamaru and Prince Sabel? Lip?

D

Deleted member

Yup, from the trophy description it seems to be an Assist Trophy. Still, at least we have him in the game at all. Who is our promised retro character, after we've deconfirmed Takamaru and Prince Sabel? Lip?
Maybe there is no retro character.

D

Deleted member

Maybe, but there is no reason to believe there isn't one yet. Takamaru, Lip and Sablé Prince weren't the only ~valid~ candidates.
Sure. There are plenty of valid candidates. except mach rider

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
We could have another wacky "R.O.B." situation where we get some weirdo character out of the blue, like the guy from StarTropics.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
But Falcon is our retro character. :troll:
Serious now, Sheriff would be amazing. He's even older than Mr. Game & Watch. But any retro character would be cool, except for Mach Rider. I'm also on the boat of not seeing him work well.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
For some reason I'm getting the idea that more new AT gives Isaac a better chance of becoming a playable character! Please Sakurai!

Reila

For some reason I'm getting the idea that more new AT gives Jill or an Advance Wars rep a better chance of becoming a playable character! Please Sakurai!
Fixed :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom