• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait Sakurai doesn't know his name? Whaaaaat?
You pick the Prince's name, and to my knowledge it lacks a default. Hence, he's the Prince of Sable, but some just incorrectly call him Prince Sable.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Who the **** is this supposed to be?

Prince Sable?THE Prince Sable?
Never heard of him.

"Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan."

"Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud."
And apparently, neither has Sakurai! Damn! XD

I'm guessing this is someone BluePikmin wanted, so~

@BluePikmin11

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
1.) I'm sad that people don't know who Prince Sable is. We have been speculating for how long now? He was even in some early rumors!

2.) An assist is more then I thought he'd get. Awesome for him, seriously!

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Also, he didn't reference the Hyrule Warriors Direct, which means - surprise, surprise - we aren't getting a Smash Brros. confirmation there either. Considering we didn't get one at the Tomodachi Life or Mario Kart 8 Directs, I can't honestly say I'm surprised.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Even with the caption I can't really tell what exactly his role is, but if he's an assist trophy then wow, that's WAY better treatment then I was expecting the Prince of Sable to get.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
.... Wait a second. Prince Sable made a cameo appearance in Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening.... perhaps Sakurai knows what is being shown in the direct, this is just a little hint as to what is going to happen....
MARIN CONFIRMED FOR HYRULE WARRIORS AND GANONDORF CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4......
I think the more realistic thing to happen is that I am insane.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even more retros getting out of the way...Lip, Takamaru, Sable...

...Come on, Muddy. Go for an Assist AT LEAST this time...or playable.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Some trivia:

Y'know Prince Richard from Link's Awakening? He comes from Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru. He's a friendly rival to the Prince of Sable.

Also, that one professor in Wario Land 4 comes from this game as well! His name is Dr. Aerwo Stein.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
"Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan."

"Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud."
Sounds like a fun AT. I will enjoy seeing the Sablé Prince transforming in a snake :)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sorry @BluePikmin11 ...

So at this point, our retro characters are really getting thin. We're down to Bubbles (Clu Clu Land), Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog and uhh... I think that might be all.

It's interesting that the retro selection had possibly the largest amount of viable options last year and now we're running thin.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I want this entire week to be about dis-confirmations.
That's what we said last week and it didn't happen, but it'd still be fun, as long as my top three stay safe (and they're too high priority to be deconfirmed anywhere but via video).

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, so much for that potential retro character.
Who'll die next Monday? Duck Hunt Dog? Mach Rider? Muddy Mole? Find out next episode of Real Life!

D

Deleted member

Well, don't want to be a bigger **** than I already am, so I will say sorry for your loss @BluePikmin11 .

Last edited by a moderator:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I now give my condolences to @BluePikmin11. Most of us will encounter this day in our Smash speculation lifetime, I'm sorry today had to be yours. At least he's in the game somehow, and getting better treatment then anyone expected.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry for your loss, every Sable supporter other than BluePikmin because people apologized to him a lot already.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Remember when everyone was shoving Prince Sable in their leaks back a few months ago?

Gooooood times.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
At least he will have 100 alerts (let's see if he'll beat my 237).

But guys, stage again. Tough, it's obviously not teasing at anybody, like maybe the pokemon 5G one and if no info given, the starfox one.

Why was it so obvious on my end?

Literally, he's trying to fool us. Which is very interesting because not only that means lots of stages, but even fake tease.

That escalated pretty quickly.

EDIT: NOPE, forget about it.

It's tomodachi life, I checked.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Also, he didn't reference the Hyrule Warriors Direct, which means - surprise, surprise - we aren't getting a Smash Brros. confirmation there either. Considering we didn't get one at the Tomodachi Life or Mario Kart 8 Directs, I can't honestly say I'm surprised.
I admit defeat... at the current time, that is!

Uhh, maybe next time @BluePikmin11...
Next time? Smash 5, you mean? Or do you mean Dr. Kawashima might be playable? :troll:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I concur, he'd be a fantastic Assist Trophy. Hopefully we at least get a collectible trophy for him.
I'm holding myself back from posting my movesets/music/stage/items/etc potential right now...but hey, I suppose everybody does the same with their top-wanted character too, right?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
~~jeeessssss~~ More!

Muddy Mole! you must unsurface yourself as an assist trophy!!

Duck Hunt Dog! you must deconfirm that stupid 4chan leak by coming out as a background character in the new Duck Hunt Stage!

Mach Rider!! Assist Trophy!!

and finally!! for friday's PotD!! Ridley!! Stage Boss!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm happy for the Sable Prince. I wasn't expecting him even get a mention, and Assist Trophy is a lot more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom