• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
So in other words, Olimar. It's funny how Olimar was dismissed as garbage because of this really early on in the Brawl metagame but then wound up becoming one of the game's best years down the road.
Yeah, and similar to Olimar, he'll be even better in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

And on the subject of whether he'll have trouble with projectiles, we saw in his trailer how he dashed under Mario's fireballs and jumped over Mega Man's buster shot with ease. I think thanks to his amazing speed and small hitbox, he'll handle projectiles quite well depending on the matchup.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I could see an event match in which it's Mac v Bowser, then GM v GB.

I need another picture comment for Wave to take seriously....

...Think the stage [that was featured in this, the most recent, picture] will have a toggle-able appearance?
Crap, I need another serious reply for Moped's post to help play it safe.

...Well the idea of the stage changing when Mac is in it and being just a Smash ring when he's not has already been passed around.

What I want to know is, I wonder if there are any other stages that have characters in the background that change whenever they're in a match. Particularly, Pokemon stages. Then again...We still don't know what other Pokemon are in this game aside from Pikachu and Lucario.

In fact, I can't even recall if we've even seen a Pokemon stage at all.

Uh, friend, you may wanna add some additional context to that post.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
This is pretty much going to be the week of Mac, yeah. Maybe we'll get something neat on Friday though, like we tend to do.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am in love with his Up Smash. It looks glorious.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I predict we only get boring pictures this week.

No new stages, no new items, no new assist trophies. Nothing.
Definitely agreed on the Up-Smash. It helps the it goes back to the ground very quickly. There isn't even that much of a setback to using it even if it misses.

And yeah, the definitely seems like the way this week will go. Kind of a shame, really, but I don't expect anything exciting to happen for this game or Ninty in general until E3. Long time for such an estimate, I know, but it's really where things are pointing to me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, there is the whole super armor mechanic too I guess. Traditional fighting game vets will have a blast with him at the very least.
Uh, I think you mean his ability to counter and dodge past certain attacks while still moving. That's not super armor or even normal armor.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Uh, I think you mean his ability to counter and dodge past certain attacks while still moving. That's not super armor or even normal armor.
Are you sure? Doc even says in the trailer "Don't flinch" and there are clearly several parts in the trailer where Mac is hit and just brushes it off to finish an attack.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Are you sure? Doc even says in the trailer "Don't flinch" and there are clearly several parts in the trailer where Mac is hit and just brushes it off to finish an attack.
Those are the counters. Pretty sure. It's how I've seen it play out for other boxing characters I've used in other fighting games.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it until Sakurai says otherwise. And I'm sure he will cause he's spiteful like that.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
We all knew it was going to be a throwaway pic but, I agree, this is pretty bad. It might as well have said "Little Mac is a boxer. If you look closely, you'll notice he wears boxing gloves to punch things with." Every week has at least one pic like this so at least they got it out of the way early.
In fact, the throwaway pic is usually on Monday.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He's right. It's also mentioned in this video.

Again, gonna wait for Sakurai itself to say it versus some random people only looking at a video. (Though the same could be said about myself)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...This is the most quiet this thread has ever been, I swear.

With that said, did anyone notice those horribly rendered faceless anons in the crowd? They all look like they'd steal your soul or something. It's like a crowd full of pink colored Slendermen.

I do like the screen in the background though. Even if it's pixely display makes it look like it's playing at 480p on a 1080p screen...Much like how a Wii looks on HDTVs.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
According to PikaJew's Upcoming game release thread the 21st is the release date of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, the Japanese Aniversary of Star Fox and the original Legend of Zelda. Something may come this Friday.

Though I predict the next few pictures will focus on Lil' Mac.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
What if the reason for Mega Man being huge in that picture is because it is actually an alternate costume, based on his appearance in Mega Man Powered Up? He wasn't that huge and creepy in Little Mac's reveal trailer or was he?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Mac's Up Special looks pretty good as a attack, but terrible as a recovery. Neat.

Anyways, today's pics, nothing new, but more confirminations that Mac is good on the ground, but bad in the air. Guess it'll be hard to make him flinch enough to shoot him up, but when you succeeds at it, he is screwed. Will be interesting.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What if the reason for Mega Man being huge in that picture is because it is actually an alternate costume, based on his appearance in Mega Man Powered Up? He wasn't that huge and creepy in Little Mac's reveal trailer or was he?
Or maybe he just got a Mega Mushroom before Mac hit him?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
...This is the most quiet this thread has ever been, I swear.

With that said, did anyone notice those horribly rendered faceless anons in the crowd? They all look like they'd steal your soul or something. It's like a crowd full of pink colored Slendermen.

I do like the screen in the background though. Even if it's pixely display makes it look like it's playing at 480p on a 1080p screen...Much like how a Wii looks on HDTVs.
This made me laugh harder than it should have. I came in anyway despite your warning.

To try to be on topic at 2:38 am: I think little mac is just that little, which is why I think he'll be lightweight and easy to KO. the pic doesn't look weird at all, except for them slenders...lmao.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This made me laugh harder than it should have. I came in anyway despite your warning.

To try to be on topic at 2:38 am: I think little mac is just that little, which is why I think he'll be lightweight and easy to KO. the pic doesn't look weird at all, except for them slenders...lmao.

I dunno, the sizes seem a bit more accurate here. He's still taller than Mega Man here, but Mega Man is clearly larger in the other shot.

Mega Man definitely had a shroom before the uppercut.

Ugh...Trying to nitpick at every detail is boring and tiring. - -

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This is where I would post a monochromatic caricature of Nicholas Cage, but it would be in violation of the rules.

To avoid MD (meta-discussion): What move do we all think it is, and what is the angle his elbow is bent at?
Personally, I prefer the ground!

I think we should have a "Miiverse PotD Social Thread"
Already tried making one. Did not work out :(. But I believe Little Macs angle is an enigma because his muscles are so huge.......... Sigh. I would make an Alfonzo reference right about now. What! I didn't say anything off topic.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wow, this thread is so calm, I love it. And I love the Little Mac picture today. While basically it's the trailer reiterated, his expressions are incredible.

If any mod can help me, I have a question pertaining to this thread: what exactly are the rules for Youtube and Gif usage? Like, I figure we can't just post a banana picture or something, but what about gifs and videos to prove a point we are discussing about the pic of the day? (for example, a gif of Mac in his trailer)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I hope we get Diddy Kong..as for the next newcomer...i am not sure..any suggestions?
I assume we will get Diddy before February ends. I think we'll get two more veterans in March, and an April newcomer (Palutena please....). But it's a pretty safe assumption it'll primarily be Little Mac week. I think Diddy on Friday is also plausible.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I assume we will get Diddy before February ends. I think we'll get two more veterans in March, and an April newcomer (Palutena please....). But it's a pretty safe assumption it'll primarily be Little Mac week. I think Diddy on Friday is also plausible.
I have a feeling next month we are going to see Chrom as the Newcomer and maybe Captain Falcon..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The rules have been altered a little bit. You're now allowed to post videos and animated images, but they need to stay completely on-topic. Do not use memes, reaction gifs, or any images/videos that are not related to the Super Smash Bros. series, as those kinds of images/videos will be treated as spam.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The rules have been altered a little bit. You're now allowed to post videos and animated images, but they need to stay completely on-topic. Do not use memes, reaction gifs, or any images/videos that are not related to the Super Smash Bros. series, as those kinds of images/videos will be treated as spam.
Okay, thank you. Good to know, thanks!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hey you know, this is the first we've seen from Mega Man since last month. Now give us more Olimar, Sakurai.

Though I agree, it's kind of off-looking how the entirety of Little Mac could fit in Mega Man's head. Reminds me of that one picture with Luigi's jazz hands.

Pretty sure it's just a perspective issue though.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What about something like the Alfonzo meme, or villager memes?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh cool, it's up.

Anyways the picture's all right. Though, and like many have said, it does show info we already know.
Despite that I'll gladly take more Little Mac.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We didn't really learn anything new here, just that Mac's a beast on the ground and sucks in the air. Still nice to finally see some Little Mac screens again, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom