• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Definitely not disappointed. It was quite obvious that it couldn't have been a rip from another game, as Uprising wasn't detailed to rip models for the Wii U Version.

Overall, the week was quite bland, but not too shabby.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Nearly as bad as October when we were supposed to get someone Pokemon, but got nothing all month except for Sonic Oct 1.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At least it's a trophy that seems to have an original model.

Changing my avatar to Jigglypuff until we get a character or until the end of March. Then I'll be back to being a Dalek.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Seriously, if the pic says something about "it's been three years since Kid Icarus Uprising came out, here's a trophy of Phosphora to celebrate", Palutena confirmed.

The game is named after Palutena in Japan. If she's not playable, why would he not put a picture of her up to celebrate?

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Not all of Brawl's were rips. Isaac and Little Mac, for instance, had original models. We also have already seen some new models in smash 4; Skull Kid and Mother Brain come to mind. I actually think every AT so far is a new model.
I think he means trophies, like collectible trophies, not assist trophies.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I like Phosphora (favorite boss) so just knowing she's in the game in some form is cool.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
For the quote I'm predicting something about Sakurai not believing how long it's been since he finished Uprising.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Seriously, if the pic says something about "it's been three years since Kid Icarus Uprising came out, here's a trophy of Phosphora to celebrate", Palutena confirmed.

The game is named after Palutena in Japan. If she's not playable, why would he not put a picture of her up to celebrate?
Three? I thought it was two.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
But why couldn't I bring a veteran?
It's always the same with you Fox. We're trying to save the thread, not blow it up

Anyways, Phosphora trophy '-' isn't there some Kid Icarus anniversary or something? Not that I entirely care, KI:U had good gameplay but I couldn't stand the dialogue and because of it I never even passed like the third or fourth mission. I can imagine all the caption will say is something like "KI:U anniversary here's a trophy of a character from said game"

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Wait a second... This Phosphora trophy has a unique model not ripped from Kid Icarus: Uprising at all? That sounds familiar...

Hmm... Maybe we did get our character reveal after all, if you know what I mean. ;)

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think he means trophies, like collectible trophies, not assist trophies.
Oh, haha, I didn't even notice that wasn't gameplay footage. I figured this random KI boss was an AT and was surprised people were *that* disappointed over it.

So, uh, yeah, she's a trophy. That's cool I guess.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I know this isnt exactly the right thread to talk about "leaks" but there was just a "list" in japanese that was supposedly a leak that had phosphora on it, though the lists didnt distinguish between newcomers and assist trophies, someone guessed and separated them and had phosphora as an assist.

anyway anyone interested here it is:

http://postimg.org/image/6f56oplrh/
http://postimg.org/image/6f56oplrh/ http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68832319
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68832319
Courtesy of CAW Evolution.
---Assist Trophies I'm guessing----
Tom Nook
Guts Man
Daisy
Rambi
Porky
Birdo
Phosphora
King Hippo
Toad
Prince Fluff
Impa
Dr. Eggman
----Characters I'm guessing---
Chrom
Palutena
Mii
Dixie Kong
Mega Lucario
Imajin
Pac-Man
sorry again for this not being the leak thread but i figured some people might find the update more interesting knowing a recent leak predicted it.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I don't know about ya'll, but I love this update.
Mostly because it means I'll get to see Hades and Viridi with nicely polished HD models of fabulous-ness.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Welllll I lost all hope for Snake to be in this game. And where the hell are Wario and Yoshi!!!??????
Why, because he wasn't revealed to promote a game that's not on any Nintendo systems? C'mon dude, and Yoshi will probably be revealed when Yoshi's New Island comes out in Japan.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I know this isnt exactly the right thread to talk about "leaks" but there was just a "list" in japanese that was supposedly a leak that had phosphora on it, though the lists didnt distinguish between newcomers and assist trophies, someone guessed and separated them and had phosphora as an assist.

anyway anyone interested here it is:

sorry again for this not being the leak thread but i figured some people might find the update more interesting knowing a recent leak predicted it.
As mentioned there Phosphora looks to just be a trophy at the moment, I wouldn't put much stock in that leak.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
In celebration of her being referenced, here is the best song in the game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I doubt that a whole month would go by without a reveal, so I thing we WILL get a vet next week.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Looks like there will be KIU trophies in the wii u ver. after all, and even with new models too!

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
So that 4-pic dojo-esque update for Super Mario 3D Land was Sakurai's way of warning us that the rest of the week would suck.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I don't know about ya'll, but I love this update.
Mostly because it means I'll get to see Hades and Viridi with nicely polished HD models of fabulous-ness.
Seriously. Smash trophies and that Palutena stage are unfortunately probably going to be the closest we get to Uprising HD.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Usually, I give PotDs the benefit of the doubt, but having developed insomnia this week, I was at least looking forward to seeing each pic that much earlier. There really wasn't anything that interested me this week, which is just my luck.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Welp, this has been terrible month so far.

Phosphora actually does kind of look like an Assist Trophy, although I seriously doubt that's the case.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I swear to God I don't want to fall asleep before the caption, but. I can already feel myself nodding off...

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
If Phosphora looks this good I can only imagine how Palutena will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom