• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope the 50 Things list doesn't end up with this:

Thing #1- Duck Hunt Dog
Thing #2- The Duck
Thing #3- Bowser Jr.
Things #4 to 10: The Koopalings :troll:

Anyway this week in pics looks good, I expect more teasing by tomorrow like Jr. or The Board game mode.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Just cuz Junior and Dog and Duck are getting trailers in the direct DOES NOT mean we might not get a surprise towards the end. But still, don't get your hopes up. All signs in datamining are pointing to DLC, so even if the direct doesn't show or give hints to it, we'll find out eventually. Look how long it took for MK8

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
DLC characters for the direct deconfirmed basically. I bet my account [on Gamefaqs] that DH is the last reveal trailer at the end of the direct.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ooh, DHD's trailer looks snazzy! It's just one picture of it but still haha, can't wait for it! I was completely expecting a trailer for DHD and Bowser Jr. from the Direct and looks like that's what we're getting, so no complaints here. I wonder if the two characters are featured in the same trailer, or if they get their own ones.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
You guys are such downers. First everyine's asking fir a Duck Hunt trailer and now that we're getting one it's the end of the world now? What about Smash Party, Smash World, Master/Crazy Orders, the stages, the music, and all that jazx to look forward to? What about Voice Chat or Replay Sharing? Come on now. Characters ain't everything.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This pretty much confirms the character reveal trailer in the direct will be Duck Hunt. (So yay for able to show my brother a new trailer).

I'm excited to see what they cooked up for him and it's good to know that Bowser Jr. will probably get one too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Duck Hunt DOES have a reveal video

I'm looking forward to it

By why not just show it NOW?

Why just show a teaser of it?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
They just wants to save it for the stream.

Stop calling them Duck Hunt... it's a stupid name only used in Japan. Say DHD or Duck Hunt Duo.

Today's picture is awesome. I just SO wish we got the trailer before the leak. Holy **** those reactions videos would have been amazing, the best reaction video for any Smash game.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will admit that these kinda pics of little screenshots of snippets of the trailers would've been lovely. Granted, I'm not sure how much you could get away with. If you showed the water shuriken in Greninja's trailer, for example, we would've known it was Greninja.

Still, it's nice we are getting this now before people start really assuming we were going to be getting a DLC newcomer in the stream.

Stop calling them Duck Hunt... it's a stupid name only used in Japan. Say DHD or Duck Hunt Duo.
Off topic: He is called Duck Hunt in the US version btw. Duck Hunt Duo is only used in the European version.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Off topic: He is called Duck Hunt in the US version btw. Duck Hunt Duo is only used in the European version.
WHAT!? I had no idea! That is SO stupid! Why would they have different names when it's in English? Having it "Duck Hunt" in Japan I COULD understand some how. But that name is just stupid. Not Duck Hunter or Duck Hunt Dog, Duck Hunt Duo is the perfect name. Why would they only make the game better in Europe? It's in English so it didn't even have to be translated! They just went in to ONLY change DHD's name?! WTF? x_x Well I'm glad I got a name in my game that makes sense then... Thanks for telling me...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Gee that's not much of a "reveal".

I bet tomorrows direct is going to be largely filled with things we know already now. If today's potd is any indication of what they think a reveal is.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
WHAT!? I had no idea! That is SO stupid! Why would they have different names when it's in English? Having it "Duck Hunt" in Japan I COULD understand some how. But that name is just stupid. Not Duck Hunter or Duck Hunt Dog, Duck Hunt Duo is the perfect name. Why would they only make the game better in Europe? It's in English so it didn't even have to be translated! They just went in to ONLY change DHD's name?! WTF? x_x Well I'm glad I got a name in my game that makes sense then... Thanks for telling me...
Duck Hunt actually makes more sense as a name because you're really playing as more than the duo of Dog and Duck, you're controlling the "hunter" as well. Neither Dog nor Duck are firing those shots, it's the offscreen "hunter" doing it, and this picture only reinforces that. You're basically playing as every "character" from Duck Hunt all wrapped into one package, and therefore Duck Hunt is more accurate than Duo. Duo leaves out a pretty critical third component of this character.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Geez guys! New high-quality videos with a little fun story behind em are always fun! I thought we wanted trailers for both of em, right? Don't worry yourselves, we're still getting 50 NEW facts, some of which may be shown in the trailers! I have a feeling Jr's trailer might show off 8-Player smash~
Yeah, DLC characters like Mewtwo would be nice~ But maybe a bit soon. I mean...both the games aren't even out yet... I dunno

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know why, but it's a bit suspicious to me why Sakurai is showing an image of Duck Hunt Duo's trailer.

It's very odd. He never teased trailers like this before.

I don't know why, but it's a bit suspicious to me why Sakurai is showing an image of Duck Hunt Duo's trailer.

It's very odd. He never teased trailers like this before.
Well, we do already know about them. There might be some extras in their trailer like a boss, mode, etc.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, we do already know about them. There might be some extras in their trailer like a boss, mode, etc.
Or maybe it's a hint that we are totally getting an unrevealed newcomer like Ridley Captain N... :troll:

Captain N is shooting from the fourth wall. :4duckhunt:

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
..it's like a kid in a candy store who got the biggest chocolate bar but still wants a bigger one that they don't even sell.
(also to the guy who wanted a Mewtwo trailer, Mewtwo's a veteran, it won't have a trailer [Charizard oddly discluded])

honestly if there's 50 things shown tomorrow and 1 of them is a trailer i'm not gonna be all that disappointed... that's still 49 other things. you guys know half of them are just going to be optional modes or small details that you won't care about anyway

#backontopic

odd that they're not making the trailer 8-bit. was kinda expecting it to show all the characters getting shot at with their old school sprites or something

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I guess I don't get the negativity surrounding this and probably won't be able to. There's just too much fun surrounding this for me to get upset by it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Man, people really like to abuse the word "confirm".
Welcome to Smashboards and Smash 4 discussion. ¦D

Still don't know why Sakurai is pretending sharing information on the internet or via word of mouth isn't a thing. EVERYONE knows who this is.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh by the way about the potd

Even if we diden't know who it was the nes zapper is a dead give away.

Atleast sakurai is going to explain why he added the dog in the first place.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Frankly, anyone expecting any surprise characters in the direct deserves to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Frankly, anyone expecting any surprise characters deserves to be disappointed.
Anything can still happen though.

And for everyone one more thing about the DHD trailer since sakurai confirmed a trailer for:4duckhunt:

If it ends with ridley getting shot by the zapper guy to show hes deconfirmed that is going to get me madder than 700 bulls

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Welcome to Smashboards and Smash 4 discussion. ¦D

Still don't know why Sakurai is pretending sharing information on the internet or via word of mouth isn't a thing. EVERYONE knows who this is.
At this point I think it's just mostly for show with any of the newcomers regardless of what we know about them, he's going to not talk about them himself until he decides he's going to. That's really about it, I doubt he doesn't realize everyone know, he's just continue to do what he has already done in that regards.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not saying it definitely can't happen, I'm saying it's only your fault if you think it'll happen because there's nothing suggesting that it will.
And nothing suggest it won't. It goes both ways. We don't know when we'll get DH's trailer yet. The direct? Maybe. Tomorrow? Possible. Gotta wait and see.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Could the Direct just end up being like this?
I wouldn't be surprised if it used a similar style to that. It pretty apparent by the tagline of 50 things that they wanted to do something different from the full out direct style they did back in April.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
euh...

I lived the filler madness and the "I'm mad because yoshi wasn't confirmed in tonight's potd!" and the "Wow this is taking way too long" and honestly let me openly say it:

WHAT'S THE FUSS ABOUT THIS ONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD???

Seriously, in case you FORGOT (it was too obvious anyway), the direct said not 1, not 2, not 3 etc...(you get the idea)...not 49, but 50 THINGS!!!

How can I put this, it's called AD-VER-TI-SE-MEN-T! It's made to MAKE YOU WANT TO WATCH the direct, but if it's the case CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHY IT IMPLIES THE DIRECT WOULD BE JUST BAD???

Like, first, this was ALREADY known that we would get videos for every newcomers on the WiiU version so, getting mad about it, you're lagging so much behind it's crazy.

Second, the master and crazy orders was honestly EVEN WORSE than that if you hated that tease. I'm serious but between teasing an already known video about a character we already know its role and teasing an unknown menu screen about unknown, but speculated modes...I think it's clear which one is more informative and thrilling.

And please...please...I need a VERY good proof (I even accept essay via pm if you insist) that this trailers would waste the whole other 49 things potential in the direct and I remind you that the one in April was 50 minutes and the internet got crazy for freaking 10 seconds!!!!

10 seconds out of 50 minutes...this potd is a mere SAMPLES of what would be showed in the direct.

Can i just tell you that to call this direct an extravaganza that's it's obvious that their goal is mind blown us and hype it? April direct was mind blowing and the most mind blowing part wasn't even a confirmation/deconfirmation but a huge tease...they could mind blown with a stage. I'm sorry, but I was clearly not the only one that was mind blowed on July 29...several people reacted in surprise and hype, me is of course the strongest reaction, but it's obvious why.

In fact, he's censored...this is just a tease.

Like, I can understand pessisim, but gosh there's limit it's like seeing the glass is slightly empty instead of almost full.

so, please, stop getting salty on that.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Duck Hunt actually makes more sense as a name because you're really playing as more than the duo of Dog and Duck, you're controlling the "hunter" as well. Neither Dog nor Duck are firing those shots, it's the offscreen "hunter" doing it, and this picture only reinforces that. You're basically playing as every "character" from Duck Hunt all wrapped into one package, and therefore Duck Hunt is more accurate than Duo. Duo leaves out a pretty critical third component of this character.
I know that. But the name still doesn't make sense. And you the player playing Smash isn't controlling the shooter. So it doesn't make sense either. Should have been Duck Hunt Trio then. F-ing Duck Hunt makes no sense, it's grammatically wrong and is a name of a game. You're not the cartridge running around.

Could the Direct just end up being like this?
Yep. Probably that's what it is. 50 very small details about the game. Some things are probably not even new, they just haven't been announced by Nintendo yet. It's still exiting but people gotta have low expectations. I just want them to confirm Mewtwo for DLC...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom