• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't wait to see the vets and new characters on the site. Unfortunately, I can't see it happening until the game is out worldwide. I want to start hearing Wii U info! We hardly know anything about that version!

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'm pretty excited about the POTDs moving forward. The fact that we know little about the Wii U Version is pretty interesting. :) It's time for to board the Hype Train II (Electric Boogaloo)!

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Let's see a character and/or new Wii U content!

The hype train may have crashed and burn but the Connery Bus is still up and running.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I predict more stuff about the 3DS Version, after reading that there's a glitch involving the use of Peach Online, Sakurai may announce a patch for that issue... or #WarioWonday may take place, at this point its hard to make a safe guess.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I predict more stuff about the 3DS Version, after reading that there's a glitch involving the use of Peach Online, Sakurai may announce a patch for that issue... or #WarioWonday may take place, at this point its hard to make a safe guess.
There is no more #WarioWonday, only #WarioWondayHD!

Last edited:

DarkNintendo2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nagol200
3DS FC
1203-9221-6411
So just throwing out a prediction that at some point in the week we might get a picture saying something along the lines of, "Now that the game is out in Japan, we'll also start updating the site with the secret characters! Don't click on them if you don't want to be spoiled!" I'm really hyped to get my hands on the official artwork and trailers and such, and hopefully he announces the release of those character pages over Pic of the Day this week!

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Today could be very interesting, or very boring, depending on if he posts a celebratory pic for the Japanese release(of a menu or something), or if he forgoes that, it could be the start of unlockable content on the site. I'm pulling for a hidden stage, probably.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sakurai better post something good.

I really wanna see the Duck Hunt or Koopaling trailer.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So just throwing out a prediction that at some point in the week we might get a picture saying something along the lines of, "Now that the game is out in Japan, we'll also start updating the site with the secret characters! Don't click on them if you don't want to be spoiled!" I'm really hyped to get my hands on the official artwork and trailers and such, and hopefully he announces the release of those character pages over Pic of the Day this week!
That's a very likely situation; Sakurai may do "regular updates" regarding menus and patches with an extra comment saying that we should visit the website, we go there and *BAM* there's some new "?" Squares in the Character Section hiding the unlockable veterans.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I'm hyped to see another couple of weeks of menus! (Wait no, that's not what hyped means...)

Sakurai will find a way to smother any remaining PotD speculation, he's pretty good at it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
WiiU Exclusive character: Ice climbers !! (cries)
Have fun with that thing that'll have zero chance of happening.

Sakurai is completely clear that all playable characters will be the same on both versions.

He has to fix them for the 3DS or they ain't happening. It's sad, but just cold reality.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice

Sakurai is completely clear that all playable characters will be the same on both versions.

He has to fix them for the 3DS or they ain't happening. It's sad, but just cold reality.
I hope them dlc haha....HAHA (...Im so devastated).
I hope him ignore what does he said like clones, or making an exeption for them idk I'm just sad

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope them dlc haha....HAHA (...Im so devastated).
I hope him ignore what does he said like clones, or making an exeption for them idk I'm just sad
DLC for both.

He never said he disliked clones, to be fair. He just didn't want to add anybody new that was identical to other characters in concept. However, he clearly went back on that later. He also did say "I don't want to add anybody from a fighting game similar to a character already playable in Smash" too.

Don't worry, they'll be back for the new Smash. :)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm hoping a character is added, but I doubt it. I think Sakurai will just ask if people like the game or something.

Eventually, Sakurai is going to start being a troll again and build up some hype/mystery about the Wii U version.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm hoping a character is added, but I doubt it. I think Sakurai will just ask if people like the game or something.

Eventually, Sakurai is going to start being a troll again and build up some hype/mystery about the Wii U version.
The return of Sakurai, the Troll? Wonderful :evil:

With that being said, don't be surprised to see what the Smash Bros. Wii U menu screen is looking like now, folks :)

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I call a Veteran reveal or some kind of tease for the Wii U version (hint at exclusive game modes, extra costumes, etc).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Actually, to be honest, I'm already hyped about the Wii U version. Nintendo's weird marketing works again. I just want to know about the modes and the stages and everything.

We need a Wii U Direct. I don't care if there isn't DLC. Show me Bowser Jr.'s trailer in a SSB4U Direct, explaining bosses, Wii U adventure mode, and more.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually, to be honest, I'm already hyped about the Wii U version. Nintendo's weird marketing works again. I just want to know about the modes and the stages and everything.

We need a Wii U Direct. I don't care if there isn't DLC. Show me Bowser Jr.'s trailer in a SSB4U Direct, explaining bosses, Wii U adventure mode, and more.
The reason I want so much WiiU info now is because the 3ds got so hype (and I have nothing against it as I'm hyped for Paper Mario stage and music) that I started to forget what the WiiU offers.

Like my music and 1080p hdmi, even more stages and imo, prettier menu.

There's so much to know this is just a sneak peak. I want to get super hype for this version again.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

? You were firmly on the other side of that argument the other day, citing that Sakurai just changed his mind.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ugh, not a 3ds release pic, I know it.

Stage Builder or New Stage is a good PotD, because the 3DS is lacking in both. Please don't let the Wii U version follow 3DS' footsteps.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Tonight's PotD will be of Ness. Or PictoChat 2 (since that's the only starting stage to have yet to be given official confirmation). But I'm wagering that it will be Ness that will be shown tonight.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
We haven't gotten a warning from Sakurai saying that the POTD will contain spoilers from now on yet, so I'm not sure if he would jump straight to revealing a secret character without warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom