• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miis will be the new wire frame fighters...-.-

StarLight42

Smash Lord
But I'm still curious what you guys who are against Multi Mii Mode would have wanted after Alloys.

I personally thought Alloys were the worst out of all four. I was also against the inclusion of Miis in smash until they actually showed them, and I think theyre great now.
Alloys were bad, yeah, but that didn't mean you had to get rid of the idea completely. Watch, I bet you EVERY smash game after this one will have Miis in the multi man modes. >.< thanks sakurai

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well. My 3ds is going to be full of United States Congressmen...

And one very special president.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty happy about this. I didn't mind wire frames, but this is certainly more interesting in my opinion. :) Especially if it uses Miis from your console, which I'd say is very likely.
My thoughts exactly. Agreed x9000.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
Alloys were bad, yeah, but that didn't mean you had to get rid of the idea completely. Watch, I bet you EVERY smash game after this one will have Miis in the multi man modes. >.< thanks sakurai
But they didn't get rid of the idea. Its still Multi Man, just with Miis. I'd argue that its enhanced the concept so much more because there are 3 types of Miis, each with a different combination of 9 special attacks, instead of the same boring 4 brawlers over and over again.

Booster

Smash Lord
The Mii Fighter is essentially a character creator and unlike other character creators in Versus Fighting games, they get their own original moves as opposed to being a clone of another character (Hi there Soul Calibur)

DoubleDeeEddBoy

Smash Cadet
NNID
DoubleDeeEddBoy
3DS FC
0834-0608-8884
I forgot, do the width and height of the Miis affect their performance as well (as in, shorter Miis are faster while fatter Miis are heavier)?

Because if so, and if they bring in Miis from your Mii Maker (and they should), then this should be quite an interesting mode because you will never know what moveset they'll use and you'll never know how fast or slow they'll be.

I think it's interesting. I wonder if they'll be allowed to use their specials for recovery in the Multi-Man mode, because past small fry enemies never could use specials.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I initially said to make this the Mii's purpose instead of having them playable. On one hand, I'm glad because I can still pummel the Miis. On the other hand I only have 2 Mii's (myself and my sister) on my console, so I can't really hurt anyone. I don't have anything against generic Miis installed into the system either.

My proposition is that we are able to download other people's Mii data online and be able to beat them up instead. I'd certainly like to take out my anger on those annoying Miiverse brats any day of the week :demon:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This is actually old news that we knew since E3. Famitsu just put it on paper.

Makes you wonder if Miis will be unlockable, and you unlock them through this mode.

Let's say... defeating 20 Miis in Cruel Mode?
Remember when EGM gave out free copies of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle to anyone who recorded themselves actually managing to do that?

That should give you some idea how unfair a condition that would be.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm confused or we don't know much. Are the Miis in Multi-man mode different from the playable Miis? Meaning that there is no Brawler, Gunner, and Swordfighter. Are they just all Mii Brawlers without special moves?

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused or we don't know much. Are the Miis in Multi-man mode different from the playable Miis? Meaning that there is no Brawler, Gunner, and Swordfighter. Are they just all Mii Brawlers without special moves?
Based on the image in the scan, its the 3 types. They most likely use any combination of their custom specials.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
The way I see it this will also probably make it harder to just spam your way to victory with moves like DK's Hand Slap. A Mii Gunner wouldn't have to be anywhere near you to really mess you up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like this, honestly. It's not just the fact you can play as the Multi Man team. It's far better because the movesets aren't completely preset. Also, I would love to be able to naturally play as the Polygons, Wire Frames, and Alloys myself. Regardless of special moves.

D

Deleted member 245254

I just get done with the entitlement thread...

Soul.

This is a good idea, to be honest. It makes the player do as many Miis they want, and if they show up on the Multi-Man mode, all they would have to do is beat the Miis.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure why this would be considered a bad idea by anyone. Did anyone really like the random faceless mooks of the past Multi Man games?

I mean I'd rather face a bunch of vaguely emotive individuals any day of the week then beat up a bunch of polygon/wireframe/alloy fighters personally, but to each their own.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
A majority of people hate the Miis do if anything this was a great idea. Probably will make the modes played a lot more hahaha

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hm, people saying "if you don't like Miis, be happy that you can beat them up" don't seem to understand.
If you don't like Miis in the first place you don't want to fight them. You don't want them in the game at all.

But anyway... this is interesting. Kinda sad about the previous things, but eh, I can live with it.
I'm starting to enjoy the thought of all the variety they'd bring.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Give a minute, let me put on my 'I'm acting like I care' face... :laugh:
But seriously, they're just the people you fight. Not that big of a deal IMO.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I always thought wireframes and alloys were extremely lame and generic. Oh, and FYI, Multi-Man SMASH sounds amaZing and memorable.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Now I should get this out of the way, I don't hate miis. They are the decent enough.

This has up sides and down sides to me.

For the good stuff, miis can offer a lot more variety especially given their differing appearances and move-sets.

On the other-hand, I do look forward to to what original stuff they bring to the game. I mean, who can forget about sand-bag? The polygons, wireframes, and alloys were all interesting in their own way and I was looking forward to what big thing they had for the next multi-man. While miis are technically smash original due to the context, I just doesn't feel the same.

Again, this is a good idea, I'm ok enough with it and it will be a fun game-mode.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm not entirely sure why this would be considered a bad idea by anyone. Did anyone really like the random faceless mooks of the past Multi Man games?

I mean I'd rather face a bunch of vaguely emotive individuals any day of the week then beat up a bunch of polygon/wireframe/alloy fighters personally, but to each their own.
I may support the new mode, but Polygon Yoshi was adorable.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
I think it would've come down to either fighting Mii's or some SSE enemies, which isn't exactly a new, original idea either.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Great, now I have no choice but to beat the living crap out of my mom, dad, grandma, brothers, friends, cousins, etc. in this game mode if the Miis are randomized from your Mii collection...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I think they're pretty cool. I mean, unless you're using your Mii specifically, they're pretty baseless, bland characters, right? Which is what the wireframes/alloys were too. Except the wireframes/alloys were shaped like characters, but didn't use any of their moves. With the Miis having three move sets, each with four sets of custom moves, it's like 12 fighters rolled into one. And it makes sense to me.

Plus, as @Venus of the Desert Bloom mentioned, it's great for beating up Miis of people you both love and hate.

Honestly OP, I get the sense that you're unhappy with most of Smash 4 so far and are finding things to nitpick. I see four threads started by you on this forum alone, and each one, if I had to categorize them into a negative or positive bracket, would be classified as a negative thought or theme. Just let the game come out and we can all make better judgements then. :)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sometimes in life, you have to take what is shoved down your throat and just regurgitate it later in a fit of personal rage. What better way to take out that personal rage on Miis? Heck, they should market this mode as a stress reliever of sorts. You hate a particular person that you work with? Instead of freaking out and doing something that will get you fired; just make a Mii of that person and beat the crap out of it instead of doing it in real life.

Boom. Stress relief and anger management all rolled into one.
Well that sure sounds healthy. ¦D

Anyways, since I love the Mii Fighters, I'm 100% happy with this change and am very much looking forward to it. Like Golden said, this explains why they use the Smash symbol and us actually being able to play as the technical "Smash original" characters and fight them in Multi-Man Mode just makes me even more excited. =D

Get hyped~<3

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I am very disappointed with this as well, as previous fighters in Multi-Man have been homages to "game development" (Polygons, Wireframes) fighting Mii's just seem very generic, and they all have only 3 different unique movesets. Beter than Captain Falcon and Zelda only Wireframes, but still.

Also, i can't help but notice the lack of Break the Targets...

King Orfut

Smash Cadet
Ehhhh that's not too bad. Who wouldn't want to beat the hell out of a bunch of annoying miis??

And if not them, then what would Sakurai have come up with? Men/women made out of bubbles?? Bubble people??

Silversun247

Smash Cadet
When I first saw the Miis as the Multi-Men, my heart sunk. Then I relized how awesome it is. Both consoles have Miis, and they can just pull the Miis from your 3DS/WiiU. With various sizes and wepons and custom movesets, these guys are gonna be the best Multi-Men ever! Rather then fighting 5 or so reskinned characters, we'll be fighting a HUGE pool of characters. I'm so pumped for this!

Top Bottom