• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

D

Deleted member 189823

oi, what can you guys tell me about character size/height (atributes)? I made three different BKs. A short (shortest) fat (fattest) one, a short (below medium) skinny one and a tall (tallest) fat (fattest) one. What I noticed:

1st one is pretty agile, mobility wise as well as frame data-wise. Being small makes you harder to hit, and your sword is still pretty long...
2nd one feels just about the same, really.
3rd one just feel sluggish. Can't even B-Air without lagging... the only reason I use him the most is because I wanted to be faithful to the character. ),:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Shortest and skinniest is usually the best. more agile, sliiightly less damage, but feels smooth.

However I find regular size to be fine.

Last edited:
I feel at home with the default height + minimum weight Mii, but like what Darklink said, regular size is fine

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Shortest/fattest looks cutest. :D
So, liek, does anyone here play on 3DS? Because I really lack a WiiU...;.; I also want to practice my BK as much as I can!

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Shortest/fattest looks cutest. :D
So, liek, does anyone here play on 3DS? Because I really lack a WiiU...;.; I also want to practice my BK as much as I can!
I am a 3ds only dude but i should be asleep right now soooooo

D

Deleted member 189823

8O ),:
Why don't you play me.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hi Bahsahkah, you have a really nice avatar (although not a great as mine, but, you know~!)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
8O ),:
Why don't you play me.

well actually late at night i share a room and my roomate is asleep right now while I'm in the living room. I'm definitely worried about lag

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Thank you, you are a good Villager.

My FC is as follows: 0044 3637 9968
K added and turning on (oh yeah i just remembered we have a thread for asking battles whoops)

D

Deleted member 189823

So, liek, the first 3 matches were pretty tolerable. Then, all of sudden, these nasty LAG spikes come in...
welp, those were pretty fun. :D

EDIT: Thanks for your time, bruh

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So, liek, the first 3 matches were pretty tolerable. Then, all of sudden, these nasty LAG spikes come in...
welp, those were pretty fun. :D
usually what happens when I play in the living room still you certainly don't play like a week one swordfighter main (In a good way ofc) like i know that if it wasn't for lag i would have fallen for 2 air dodge traps XD

D

Deleted member 189823

Thanks, lol. I've been trying to get with it lately...seems like this one really is a keeper. xd Really like 'dat jab/tilts, also has a good Grab game- which reminds me, I kind of felt out of place when you were going for a lot of grabs and I wasn't really grabbing much...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Thanks, lol. I've been trying to get with it lately...seems like this one really is a keeper. xd Really like 'dat jab/tilts, also has a good Grab game- which reminds me, I kind of felt out of place when you were going for a lot of grabs and I wasn't really grabbing much...
swordfighter's gabs are really good because you'de think you can just shield all that disjointed harrasment but nope frame 7 dash grab

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I'm slowly getting more proficient with 3ds, but at the cost of murdering my thumbs

D

Deleted member 189823

^Sadly... /: Unfortunately, in my case, it's sort of because it's my ownly training option, most of the time- and even then, I can't play that much (only on weekends, pretty much). However, I'd be lying if I said it hasn't helped me. I ended up becoming rather good at it, and you can also experiment some things you wouldn't be able to if you didn't have either versions (certain combos and trickies).

Thankfully, I'm pretty early into the Swordfighter metagame. That means I can rid of bad habits while I still can.

(note to self, I guess):

- Grab more. Not spammingly, but even a few Grabs will net me a lot more damage (even if it's just a F-Air follow-up)
- Jump less/approach with aerials less. This is a big one for me...I N-Air a lot, even when it's not supposed to hit. Similiarly, I do it with F-Air (can we autocancel follow-up from a spaced range?).

I guess that's all I can get, out off top of my head. I feel like I need a better understand on approaching, overall (not exactly character-specific...). I've always fallen into the tendency of throwing out attacks (usually too early) and mis-spacing them and getting punished for it.

D

Deleted member 189823

Question

Does every single tournament Wii need to have the costumes for you to use them, or can I just transfer from my 3DS.

I'll admit, the movie was grossly overrated but it was a good movie anyway and that's all what matters

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I'll admit, the movie was grossly overrated but it was a good movie anyway and that's all what matters
I don't know...it really wasn't anything special, yet everybody treats it like it's this grand masterpiece, when in reality it's just a musical that had a lot of plot holes. It's just my opinion though lol.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Question

Does every single tournament Wii need to have the costumes for you to use them, or can I just transfer from my 3DS.
You'll need to have the costumes unlocked on both versions of the game in order to use them via transfer

For example, if I have the ssb t-shirt dlc only on the wii u, and I tried to transfer it to the 3ds where I don't have it, I'd have to use the standard outfit because it isn't unlocked there.

Last edited:
I don't know...it really wasn't anything special, yet everybody treats it like it's this grand masterpiece, when in reality it's just a musical that had a lot of plot holes. It's just my opinion though lol.
The people who treat it like a GOAT movie or something like that probably haven't watched better movies if that's what they think. I mean, I still liked Frozen. I thought the movie was good but it wasn't perfect or anything (it definitely had some notable flaws and issues). Just my opinion though so eh

Oh shoot Berserker. is back! How are you doing Berserker?
Been doing fine lately. Playing random games (horror/survival horror most notably), labbing Shulk, developing love for buster art over speed, labbing Palutena as a secondary, and that crap. Good life. Gonna go back to the hard life though in about 2 weeks (IRL stuff, college, etc)

D

Deleted member 189823

You'll need to have the costumes unlocked on both versions of the game in order to use them via transfer

For example, if I have the ssb t-shirt dlc only on the wii u, and I tried to transfer it to the 3ds where I don't have it, I'd have to use the standard outfit because it isn't unlocked there.
I just want to use the Black Knight. ),:

bahsahkah are you playing Outlast. It's SUPER BEAST.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's kinda sad the only reason I play this character is because of the Black Knight costume.

D

Deleted member 189823

NO ITS NOT

Wait, is it funny that Miis weren't allowed in the first place in my community until I said we should allow them...and everyone's on to it?

D

Deleted member 189823

okay, so, THINGS:

I just used him in WiiU for the first time...the results were quite awfully sad, honestly. The good thing? I don't feel like giving up. And I could sincerely tell Sheik is a really bad MU for us. Either that, or 1/4th shortest and fattest isn't far from being awful in this MU. I would throw out a move and just get punished for it (and we're talking about stuff like U-Tilt here...), landing KO moves was super hard (kept fishing for F-Smash/Link's Up-B), never even once could I HOO HAA Sheik (goes too far up and my opponent jumped up a lot), had a really hard time D-Throw U-Airing even from 0% (went for F-Air most of the time, it felt a lot more accurate), Jab to whatever failed 90% of the time (best bet is Jab to D-Tilt, it's great, puts them in the air). So, what are we to do? I'm very new to this, but I just felt I had to be perfect to simply put up a good fight...my opponent fished for a ton of grabs (and seeing how fast Sheik is, I can barely react to it), textbook F-Air'd (not sure on this, but I think you can challenge it with fair, the range + duration is a lot better). There were times were I would get a ton of reward from keeping them up in the air...especially in BF/Dreamland/Miiverse. U-Air/U-Tilt/Dash Attack, you're the freaking mang.

Actually, I don't think I've any idea on how to play this MU, can somebody fill me on this?

EDIT: I still love BK and he had his BADASS moments, so there's that. Sheik seems to be the only one and real problem...
EDIT2: Read your inputs on the MU. Still want to know more about HOO HAA kills...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I can completely agree with Sheik being Swordfighter's worst matchup (glares at @Project Crysis and his ninja mummy waifu) also you manged to keep her in the air really? wow she usually bouncing fishes into safety

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I want to :4miigun:whoever coined the term "waifu"...

Last edited:
Top Bottom