• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
What do you mean by topping this game? As far as I can tell, the DLC characters may just keep coming with the Polls. There may be more than one poll for player-choice characters.

And yeah, this game is definitely the most balanced (Minus Ryu, Roy and Lucas who may need patches in the future... especially Roy). With how often the patches keep coming, Swordfighter may soon enough become a fantastic character to use... not that he isn't. I love Mii's style so much that I plan on buying the Swordfighter Amiibo
What I meant is for future installments of this series. Although, it may be far too early to think about that.

Good luck on getting your hands on that Amiibo.

Edit: We seriously need more people here. I'm resorting to editing my posts just to post something else.

Edit2: I been thinking about ways of cleaning this place up. Like making/merging threads.

Edit3: @ Antonykun Antonykun What's the progress of your guide. I'll help you out if you want.

Edit4: Been thinking of setting up a Swordfighter index thread. Would be useful for newer people.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000

This made me Lol waaaaaay harder than it should have.

In case you don't know what that is and think "why is a nerf gun pointed at a fly?", that's the bug-a-salt. It's a mini shotgun designed to kill bugs with table salt.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

This made me Lol waaaaaay harder than it should have.

In case you don't know what that is and think "why is a nerf gun pointed at a fly?", that's the bug-a-salt. It's a mini shotgun designed to kill bugs with table salt.
gosh the poor things

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Finally done with the compendium. That took a while.

Thought, I'll do some organisation here. The urge is strong.

Edit: Made it colourful~~ :colorful:

Edit2: It's stickied. That was fast. lol

Edit3: I mean this thread is decently active compared to some other social threads around here.

Edit4: I'm going to keep making this place all neat and better.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it Trieste SP Trieste SP , anything for my butter knife buds.
Thanks, I appreciate it. :happysheep:

If I have anything related to mod stuff I'll ask for your help. I'd do it myself if I could.

Edit: What other threads do you think I should make next, I'm thinking a Q&A thread.

Edit2: I'm going to start compiling all the tournament results of Swordfighter and format it real nicely in the tournament results thread that I've made.

Edit3: Do anyone here know a easier way to search for Swordfighter's tournament results?

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I'd do that for gunner, but I'd feel like a copycat and I'm extremely lazy (I need to fix that problem)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Thanks, I appreciate it. :happysheep:

If I have anything related to mod stuff I'll ask for your help. I'd do it myself if I could.

Edit: What other threads do you think I should make next, I'm thinking a Q&A thread.

Edit2: I'm going to start compiling all the tournament results of Swordfighter and format it real nicely in the tournament results thread that I've made.

Edit3: Do anyone here know a easier way to search for Swordfighter's tournament results?
Look up Trela on youtube

That's really it. lol

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So, I started using the Mii SwordFighter as a secondary. So far I'm liking it, using the sets 2132 and 2131.
Any tips for beginners for this character ? :mario64:

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Why is this control scheme agitating me? I'm playing like I've never used a GC controller before...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So, I started using the Mii SwordFighter as a secondary. So far I'm liking it, using the sets 2132 and 2131.
Dthrow to upair
Dair janky spikes

That's all, really.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
practice your jab cancels
jab 1 or 2 into d-tilt for example and go watch trela

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Spacing is really important. Practice on that.

Edit: Finished the tournament results from what I can find.

Edit2: AEM helped out with some minor changes that'll make navigating a bit more easier.

Edit3: Do you guys have any requests on what I should work on next?

Last edited:

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
A very, very large stretch:

We need some collection of damage, movement speed, jump height, and frame data between different Mii sizes.

If we can get the four corners* and the default, we might be able to figure out exactly how sizes affect these things (ie. 'Min height reduces landing lag on x by 2 frames' or something).

*(four corners being height/width: "Min/Min", "Min/Max", "Max/Min", and "Max/Max")

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

We need some collection of damage, movement speed, jump height, and frame data between different Mii sizes.

If we can get the four corners* and the default, we might be able to figure out exactly how sizes affect these things (ie. 'Min height reduces landing lag on x by 2 frames' or something).

*(four corners being height/width: "Min/Min", "Min/Max", "Max/Min", and "Max/Max")
I can make the threads but I don't know where to get the data. I don't have Smash with me at the moment so that's a major problem.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Assuming around a 13% damage attack when I tested a few months back (most of it was just approximate):

0/0 damage reduction is around -0.5
100/100 damage increase is around +1.2-1.5 Damage changes are a smooth curve.
Despite this, kill % were roughly the same, +/- 1 or 2 %.

weight increases damage at roughly 2x the rate of height.

Height decreased landing and ending lag by only a few frames (may be % based/more noticeable on slower attacks) at 0/0.

Movement differences were tough to split between height and weight. Both affect it and that was all I was looking for.

Someone will have to test again, since this is just by memory of stuff I tried to look at months ago.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Assuming around a 13% damage attack when I tested a few months back (most of it was just approximate):

0/0 damage reduction is around -0.5
100/100 damage increase is around +1.2-1.5 Damage changes are a smooth curve.
Despite this, kill % were roughly the same, +/- 1 or 2 %.

weight increases damage at roughly 2x the rate of height.

Height decreased landing and ending lag by only a few frames (may be % based/more noticeable on slower attacks) at 0/0.

Movement differences were tough to split between height and weight. Both affect it and that was all I was looking for.

Someone will have to test again, since this is just by memory of stuff I tried to look at months ago.
Hmm... this seems harder than I thought.

Are the effects the same with the other Mii Fighters as well or it's just specifically Swordfighter?

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hmm... this seems harder than I thought.

Are the effects the same with the other Mii Fighters as well or it's just specifically Swordfighter?
I think they're the same.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
wow that f-air landing lag buff (i counted around 8 frames)
im pretty sure its still very unsafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Alright, so...

We need data.

Min/Min
Move | Hitbox Frame | Total Frames | Damage | Launch Angle | Knockback Growth | Base Knockback
Jab |
Dash Attack |
Forward Tilt |
Up Tilt |
Down Tilt |

Move | Hitbox Frame | Total Frames | Damage | Launch Angle | Knockback Growth | Base Knockback | Charge/Release Frames
Forward Smash |
Up Smash |
Down Smash |

Move | Hitbox Frame | Total Frames | Landing Lag | Landing Lag Window | Damage | Launch Angle | Knockback Growth | Base Knockback
Neutral Air |
Forward Air |
Back Air |
Up Air |
Down Air |

Move | Hitbox Frame | Total Frames | Damage | Launch Angle | Knockback Growth | Base Knockback
Gale Strike |
Shuriken of Light |
Blade Fury |
Airborne Assault |
Slash Launcher |
Chakram |
Stone Scabbard |
Skyward Slash Dash |
Hero's Spin |
Blade Counter |
Reversal Slash |
Power Thrust |
Final Edge (Final Smash) |

Grab |
Dash Grab |
Pivot Grab |
Ground Release |
Air Release |
Grab Releasing |
Pummel | | Weight dependent
Forward Throw |
Back Throw |
Up Throw |
Down Throw |

Move | Start | Total Frames | Ending Lag | Invincibility | Invincibility Duration | Hitbox
Forward Roll |
Back Roll |
Spot Dodge |
Air Dodge |
Forced Ledge Hold |
Ledge Climb |
Ledge Roll |
Ledge Jump |
Ledge Attack |
Neutral Tech |
Forward Roll Tech |
Back Roll Tech |
Forced Knock Down Wait
Neutral Get Up
Forward Roll
Back Roll
Get Up Attack

Move | Start | Total Frames
Item Drop |
Item Throw (Ground) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Item Throw (Air) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Soft Landing |
Hard Landing |
Air Dodge Landing |
Initial Dash |
Jump |

Min/Max
Jab |
Dash Attack |
Forward Tilt |
Up Tilt |
Down Tilt |

Move | Hitbox Frame | Total Frames | Damage | Launch Angle | Knockback Growth | Base Knockback | Charge/Release Frames
Forward Smash |
Up Smash |
Down Smash |

Move | Hitbox Frame | Total Frames | Landing Lag | Landing Lag Window | Damage | Launch Angle | Knockback Growth | Base Knockback
Neutral Air |
Forward Air |
Back Air |
Up Air |
Down Air |

Gale Strike |
Shuriken of Light |
Blade Fury |
Airborne Assault |
Slash Launcher |
Chakram |
Stone Scabbard |
Skyward Slash Dash |
Hero's Spin |
Blade Counter |
Reversal Slash |
Power Thrust |

Grab |
Dash Grab |
Pivot Grab |
Ground Release |
Air Release |
Grab Releasing |
Forward Throw |
Back Throw |
Up Throw |
Down Throw |

Move | Start | Total Frames | Ending Lag | Invincibility | Invincibility Duration | Hitbox
Forward Roll |
Back Roll |
Spot Dodge |
Air Dodge |
Forced Ledge Hold |
Ledge Climb |
Ledge Roll |
Ledge Jump |
Ledge Attack |
Neutral Tech |
Forward Roll Tech |
Back Roll Tech |
Forced Knock Down Wait
Neutral Get Up
Forward Roll
Back Roll
Get Up Attack

Item Drop |
Item Throw (Ground) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Item Throw (Air) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Soft Landing |
Hard Landing |
Air Dodge Landing |
Initial Dash |
Jump |

Max/Min
Jab |
Dash Attack |
Forward Tilt |
Up Tilt |
Down Tilt |

Forward Smash |
Up Smash |
Down Smash |

Neutral Air |
Forward Air |
Back Air |
Up Air |
Down Air |

Gale Strike |
Shuriken of Light |
Blade Fury |
Airborne Assault |
Slash Launcher |
Chakram |
Stone Scabbard |
Skyward Slash Dash |
Hero's Spin |
Blade Counter |
Reversal Slash |
Power Thrust |

Grab |
Dash Grab |
Pivot Grab |
Ground Release |
Air Release |
Grab Releasing |
Forward Throw |
Back Throw |
Up Throw |
Down Throw |

Forward Roll |
Back Roll |
Spot Dodge |
Air Dodge |
Forced Ledge Hold |
Ledge Climb |
Ledge Roll |
Ledge Jump |
Ledge Attack |
Neutral Tech |
Forward Roll Tech |
Back Roll Tech |
Forced Knock Down Wait
Neutral Get Up
Forward Roll
Back Roll
Get Up Attack

Item Drop |
Item Throw (Ground) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Item Throw (Air) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Soft Landing |
Hard Landing |
Air Dodge Landing |
Initial Dash |
Jump |

Max/Max
Jab |
Dash Attack |
Forward Tilt |
Up Tilt |
Down Tilt |

Forward Smash |
Up Smash |
Down Smash |

Neutral Air |
Forward Air |
Back Air |
Up Air |
Down Air |

Gale Strike |
Shuriken of Light |
Blade Fury |
Airborne Assault |
Slash Launcher |
Chakram |
Stone Scabbard |
Skyward Slash Dash |
Hero's Spin |
Blade Counter |
Reversal Slash |
Power Thrust |

Grab |
Dash Grab |
Pivot Grab |
Ground Release |
Air Release |
Grab Releasing |
Forward Throw |
Back Throw |
Up Throw |
Down Throw |

Forward Roll |
Back Roll |
Spot Dodge |
Air Dodge |
Forced Ledge Hold |
Ledge Climb |
Ledge Roll |
Ledge Jump |
Ledge Attack |
Neutral Tech |
Forward Roll Tech |
Back Roll Tech |
Forced Knock Down Wait
Neutral Get Up
Forward Roll
Back Roll
Get Up Attack

Item Drop |
Item Throw (Ground) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Item Throw (Air) |
Back |
Up |
Down |
Soft Landing |
Hard Landing |
Air Dodge Landing |
Initial Dash |
Jump |

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Now would be a really good time for me to learn frame data.

Yikes that's a lot of stuff to do

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Now would be a really good time for me to learn frame data.

Yikes that's a lot of stuff to do
Yep, try to learn it. It's a bit confusing at first but you'll get a hang of it eventually.

That is a ton of things to do. The sad thing is I don't have Smash with me so I can't do it alone. :(

I really hope someone is willing to spend the time to gather the data. I'm out of options. Especially with the latest patch.

Edit: Maybe I need to work out default Swordfighter's moveset data. (1111)

Edit: I got my hands on some data but it's only min/standard/max sizes. Oh well.. beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Size should only affect damage, IASA (endlag), and landing lag. All other factors such as startup, angle, base knockback, and knockback growth should be the same.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Sorry, I haven't made much progress on the data collecting, I'm working my way to collect damage values from Dantarion's Dump and some frame data from a Japanese guy. Although, his data is actually relevant to the latest patch. Finding it a bit tedious to find a GM to help out with some mod stuff for the Swordfighter boards. Still have a ton of things to do to make this place neater.

The reason for the lack of progress is that I was working on some new threads for Squidboards like the ''official'' Q&A thread, Game Play Advice thread and the Story Mode Discussion thread because I need a place to centralize most of the discussion to avoid people making excessive threads.

Though, I did find out I wasn't strict when it comes to modding. Someone has criticized that I wasn't strict when I comes to modding. I understand that I'm not a person who immediately gives out warnings or infractions. Instead I warn them first with a post before I ever take any action. Though, because of this the Competitive section of the site have gotten very negative and it's because of my neglection of moderating that side of the boards.

I suppose the best thing I can do is to channel all this negativity into a single thread and be more unforgiving to people who's deliberately breaking the rules. However, I need to remember to not go overboard with it because it may cause backlash if I'm too strict. Seen this happening to many mods of subreddits and forums. That is a situation I want to avoid at all costs.

Hopefully, my efforts will work out in the end. Somehow, I have a feeling it's going to get much tougher from here. This is a responsibility that @Warchamp7 have entrusted me and I can't let him down.

Size should only affect damage, IASA (endlag), and landing lag. All other factors such as startup, angle, base knockback, and knockback growth should be the same.
Interesting...

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Edit: This place is dead again XC

I've completed a rough draft of the table. Will post as soon as I can, probably around this week.

Edit: Mods please merge this to the one above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
That table looks like a good start. I don't have any special tools, and only one copy of the game on 1.0.8 (none on 1.0.7 or earlier)... is there some way I can help, regardless? Pretend I know nothing about data gathering and would be starting from square one.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
That table looks like a good start. I don't have any special tools, and only one copy of the game on 1.0.8 (none on 1.0.7 or earlier)... is there some way I can help, regardless? Pretend I know nothing about data gathering and would be starting from square one.
Sure, thanks for offering your help. :)

I need you to help me find some damage values for Swordfighter's moves. Including his customs. I'd do it myself if I had the game with me.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Ugh, I feel like dropping this game, or at least temporarily. Lately it's just been giving me headaches and I don't want to keep going if it just puts me on ow the edge. If you don't hear from me in a while, you'll know why.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Will try to do some of that later tonight, heading out across a good chunk of the state in a few minutes. What should my 'control' be for the data gathering, a default size Guest Mii Swordfighter?

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I ended up getting back in town so late I had no energy to do data testing. I'll try to get on it tonight or tomorrow. All you're asking me to gather at this time is Damage? My controls for this would be Default Guest Mii Swordfighter, Omega Gaur Plain, hitting Mario and being sure to record sweet spot and sour spot hits for the moves they apply to along with regular damage for moves that don't 'spot'.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Very briefly got to talk to trela at CEO, super nice guy wish I could have do some dittos but casuals were packed, poor guy he was telling me he had to set up a mii every time he went to a different station, the mii struggle is real.

Last edited:
Top Bottom