• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Fighters are NOT Custom Characters: an in-depth look at the Mii Fighter Dilema

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
also still don't understand why people care so much about Mii Rulings when they joke about how little of us there are

like if we "don't exist" why should yall care lmfao

Last edited:

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Because we're the minority, the majority feels they have the right to do whatever they want to us. This is how it has worked with every majority/minority debate throughout history, at least initially.

I find it pretty funny that whatshisface liked Routa Routa 's post when he was actually being satirized.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Because we're the minority, the majority feels they have the right to do whatever they want to us. This is how it has worked with every majority/minority debate throughout history, at least initially.

I find it pretty funny that whatshisface liked Routa Routa 's post when he was actually being satirized.
lmao, honestly for the most parts it's a lack of care from a TO's perspective, I reckon a lot of them would change their minds if they actually knew how Miis worked, or watched either Gimr or My videos on the subject lol

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Still don't understand why people care so much about Mii Rulings when they joke about how little of us there are

like if we "don't exist" why should yall care lmfao
If you are going to try and be a smart***, you may want to actually think first.

Obviously if we gave Miis all 12 of their options, as opposed to the 4 for every other character, then more players will main the miis.
This is something I've never realised but it's a brilliant point.

lets ban peach guys
.......no, it isn't. Peach has her items with her base moveset. She shares this thing called a "base moveset" with the rest of the cast.

People probably already said it, but I think we should indeed allow ALL specials for Miis.

I mean, we turn items to OFF and NONE on tourneys, but any character with the ability to spawn items through a move can STILL use those moves even if the items are turned OFF and NONE.

Why do we allow them to do so? Because if we don't, it would cripple their viability and overall playstyle.

As for customs, the ruleset should be "customs turned OFF"

Anyone who can bypass that rule and use different versions of a special move even when customs are turned OFF should STILL be allowed use them.

Besides, those specials are completely different from each other rather than being simple alternate versions of the main move like anyone who's not named Palutena.
This has been the argument the whole time. I still think its wack af.

How does a definition change and a lack of a button press justify 3 characters getting 12 alternative movesets when every other character is stuck with their base one? SO MANY CHARACTERS would benefit greatly from just one or two customs but they can't have it. Yet for some reason people think 3 characters should get ALL THE OPTIONS!!!!!?!

What kind of backwards thinking is that?

And then you got the lunies who act like this is some scientific debate where their opinion (look up the definition for opinion people) is infallible because they base it on "facts" (that are subjective and don't prove anything, therefore are not facts) and anyone who argues must be crucified for their stupidity level being over ****ing 9000.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

I liked the post because I thought it was funny. I knew he was talking about me.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Obviously if we gave Miis all 12 of their options, as opposed to the 4 for every other character, then more players will main the miis.
lmao I don't think you realize that giving the Miis access to their entire base moveset wouldn't be that polarising. EVO 2015 is a big
example that even if you give Miis all of their options, not everyone would still play them lol

Do you really think that the Miis become so good that they're the new Top Tiers? Because if so, I could scrupulously note down every instance of how that couldn't happen. Also, if that DID happen, and everyone played Miis, so what? Why would that matter in the slightest?

In fact, it'd be pretty sick, we need more Mii Fighters lool

Last edited:

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
I'm going to say this again because I think people forgot how much better of an argument this is.

This debate between you two really proves that there is no factual basis for either argument.

I think the REAL decider to this argument is which is is better for the competitive scene.

Which rule do you think will bring in more people to a tournament?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
........."they wouldn't even be that good if they had this therefore they should have it!" Is not an argument bud.

And no EVO 2015 is NOT an reasonable example because EVERYONE HAD CUSTOMS THEN.
I'm going to say this again because I think people forgot how much better of an argument this is.
I don't think its an argument at all but at least you are reasonable.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
........."they wouldn't even be that good if they had this therefore they should have it!" Is not an argument bud.
I'm trying to refute your argument that everyone would play Miis if they have all of their customs, dude. Step up your reading comprehension.

And no EVO 2015 is NOT an reasonable example because EVERYONE HAD CUSTOMS THEN.
Alright then, how do you explain the dozens of tournaments (especially in Europe) enabling full Miis in their rulesets. Do Miis dominate? No - Regardless of top player attendance.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm trying to refute your argument that everyone would play Miis if they have all of their customs, dude. Step up your reading comprehension.

Alright then, how do you explain the dozens of tournaments (especially in Europe) enabling full Miis in their rulesets. Do Miis dominate? No - Regardless of top player attendance.
I didn't say everyone would play miis. Step up YOUR reading comprehension. :rotfl:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
I didn't say everyone would play miis. Step up YOUR reading comprehension. :rotfl:
nice meme friend

Still not polarising enough to matter or be a point, as proven by so many tournaments in the last two years, gg

Again, I explain how many Miis actually play the game here, showing that there's not that many at all

If you're already in the competitive community, and you like the Miis, you should already be playing them by now. People aren't just going to jump ship to the Miis because of more options lol

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
User was warned for this post
nice meme friend

Still not polarising enough to matter or be a point, as proven by so many tournaments in the last two years, gg
.............hence why Mii customs are currently not allowed? Yeah "gg" to you too random ***hole.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
.............hence why Mii customs are currently not allowed? Yeah "gg" to you too random ***hole.
Alright, that made no sense.

How is the fact that Mii's moves aren't polarising enough to be banned a reason for Mii Customs to currently not be allowed?

that literally contradicts itself

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Alright, that made no sense.

How is the fact that Mii's moves aren't polarising enough to be banned a reason for Mii Customs to currently not be allowed?

that literally contradicts itself
You said tournaments over the last two years proved Miis with customs are not broken. In response I said that those tournaments proved nothing because Mii customs are still not allowed here.

You are making up my points. Whether the moves are polarizing is irrelevent. Miis should not get 12 different moves to select from while every character is SOL. THATS IT.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Miis are essentially a "create-your-character" kind of thing.

It should be fair to allow players to choose their specials because of that reason, among all the other reasons mentionned...

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Murlough Murlough So you think that Miis shouldn't have access to their specials because it would be "unfair" to the rest of the cast, right? Assuming "unfair" means "broken/overpowered/unbalanced" (which it should because tier lists exist, etc.), there's an easy way to solve this: allow Miis their specials and see what happens. If they suddenly start beating or going even with every character, or if Sheik players drop Sheik to play an unrestricted Mii and maintain their dominance, then you're right. Something is wrong. Then we start restricting.

The data that does exist (EVO 2015, MLG, Shots Fired 2, BEAST VI, most of Europe and pre-EVO 2015 NA) is in favor of the null hypothesis here: that Miis aren't OP or "unfair". However, this data is not frequent or relevant enough (except maybe Shots Fired 2) to prove anything on its own. That's why Miis should at least be allowed testing. So we can know if their impact is negative.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Miis are essentially a "create-your-character" kind of thing.

It should be fair to allow players to choose their specials because of that reason, among all the other reasons mentionned...
Thats great for the casual experience. It still is not fair in the competitive sense.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Murlough Murlough So you think that Miis shouldn't have access to their specials because it would be "unfair" to the rest of the cast, right? Assuming "unfair" means "broken/overpowered/unbalanced" (which it should because tier lists exist, etc.), there's an easy way to solve this: allow Miis their specials and see what happens. If they suddenly start beating or going even with every character, or if Sheik players drop Sheik to play an unrestricted Mii and maintain their dominance, then you're right. Something is wrong. Then we start restricting.

The data that does exist (EVO 2015, MLG, Shots Fired 2, BEAST VI, most of Europe and pre-EVO 2015 NA) is in favor of the null hypothesis here: that Miis aren't OP or "unfair". However, this data is not frequent or relevant enough (except maybe Shots Fired 2) to prove anything on its own. That's why Miis should at least be allowed testing. So we can know if their impact is negative.
Thats fair enough.

EDIT: CRAP! Sorry for the double post....again....

Last edited:

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
It should also be noted that there really is not a way to actually stop a Mii from going non 1111 in customs off like custom characters, so the game has already ruled that Miis using more special moves than other characters is fair.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
That settles that. The problem is that, most of the time, TOs consider it a risk to make changes to the rules, so, nothing changes and neither side gets to be right.

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
You said tournaments over the last two years proved Miis with customs are not broken. In response I said that those tournaments proved nothing because Mii customs are still not allowed here.

You are making up my points. Whether the moves are polarizing is irrelevent. Miis should not get 12 different moves to select from while every character is SOL. THATS IT.
I'm not making up anything. You said, and I quote:
This is untrue, and what I'm trying to tell you is that we have two years worth of evidence in both Customs On/Off environments to prove that is untrue.

Is something is polarising, of course it's relevant. Do you really think a community would have an overall neutral stance on this? Of course not, threads like this exist for a reason, as do Reddit threads and YouTube Videos. It shows the community cares about this stuff, so don't sit there and tell me it's not polarising. If it weren't why are there arguments on either side...?

Let me ask you one question.

Why should the Mii Fighters not have 12 Special Moves? You've not explained why, you've just stated that it's a bad thing, with zero reasoning or logic behind it.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It should also be noted that there really is not a way to actually stop a Mii from going non 1111 in customs off like custom characters, so the game has already ruled that Miis using more special moves than other characters is fair.
I absolutely hate this thread because of THIS. OVER AND OVER STATING THE SAME **** THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

Who gives a **** if you don't have to press a button for them to use their customs?! It is such a stupid argument!

Your logic is: "We don't have to press a button therefore we should be allowed 4 times the options every other character in the game has."

WHAT IN THE WORLD ABOUT THAT MAKES SENSE. Holy **** man. I feel like there are two reasonable people and the rest of you are brick walls who refuse to read.

That settles that. The problem is that, most of the time, TOs consider it a risk to make changes to the rules, so, nothing changes and neither side gets to be right.
Yeah thats an issue with the whole community imo. We aren't willing to take risks.

I'm completely fine with testing the waters. I am mostly arguing with the logic at this point. Changing definitions and not needing to press a button is not a good enough argument for me. TESTING things out and making sure everything can work well in the competitive scene IS.

Thank you.

EDIT: "Azelf face" (idk your name) just read this. I'm done arguing. There is no point since some of you are apparently incapable of seeing anyone elses point of view. I've said what I wanted now I'm out unless something else interesting happens.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
EDIT: "Azelf face" (idk your name) just read this. I'm done arguing. There is no point since some of you are apparently incapable of seeing anyone elses point of view. I've said what I wanted now I'm out unless something else interesting happens.
lol pretty sure that you can read my name, it's below the pic

Regardless, you still haven't presented any reason why that Custom Moves button is arbitrary, you've just stated that it is, and that's that.

Also, I can definitely see this from your point of view. I implore you to watch my video on the subject if you're going to offer a rebuttal. I'm not trying to be patronizing, I'm just trying to inform you on the evidence from the last two years worth of tournaments.

Here's a thought, if the "Custom Moves Option" is arbitrary, surely it would be even more pointless to complain about it? Clearly, the fact that it's polarising enough to be argued over means that it is not arbitrary, and in fact is one of the key reasons why Miis should be allowed their entire movesets over other character's customs.

They do not have customs, but a larger array of special moves than other characters.

Last edited:

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
Community leaders are terrified of the idea of customs coming back. The problem with customs is logistics but that argument will lead to hacking systems and I know they are to afraid to have that discussion because they have nintendo's support.

The sad thing is they are making everyone suffer for it.

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
I absolutely hate this thread because of THIS. OVER AND OVER STATING THE SAME **** THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

Who gives a **** if you don't have to press a button for them to use their customs?! It is such a stupid argument!

Your logic is: "We don't have to press a button therefore we should be allowed 4 times the options every other character in the game has."

WHAT IN THE WORLD ABOUT THAT MAKES SENSE. Holy **** man. I feel like there are two reasonable people and the rest of you are brick walls who refuse to read.

Yeah thats an issue with the whole community imo. We aren't willing to take risks.

I'm completely fine with testing the waters. I am mostly arguing with the logic at this point. Changing definitions and not needing to press a button is not a good enough argument for me. TESTING things out and making sure everything can work well in the competitive scene IS.

Thank you.

Well, can you elaborate why my argument doesn't matter? There's nothing stopping me from using my own custom mii on the css that I can find, unless I've missed something lol

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
lol pretty sure that you can read my name, it's below the pic

****ing mobile
I'm on mobile and admittedly I was lazy after hitting the edit button. Sorry.
Well, can you elaborate why my argument doesn't matter? There's nothing stopping me from using my own custom mii on the css that I can find, unless I've missed something lol
........I posted a billion times why I dislike your mindset. I never said your opinion doesn't matter. Its the logic behind it that bothers me. The lack of pressing a button does not justify giving 3 characters 4 times the options every other character gets. <--------(I AM NOT TYPING THIS AGAIN. REEEEEAAAAADDDDDD IIIIIIIT :hulk:)

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
I'm on mobile and admittedly I was lazy after hitting the edit button. Sorry.

........I posted a billion times why I dislike your mindset. I never said your opinion doesn't matter. Its the logic behind it that bothers me. The lack of pressing a button does not justify giving 3 characters 4 times the options every other character gets. <--------(I AM NOT TYPING THIS AGAIN. REEEEEAAAAADDDDDD IIIIIIIT :hulk:)
I never accused you of saying my opinion doesn't matter, I just asked you why my argument was flawed in your eyes. Anyways, you're argument goes down a slippery slope of logistics of what's fair. Ryu, bayonetta, cloud, every item user, and Zair users could be considered unfair as they deviate from the standard movesets in this game by having something additional in thier set that technically gives them more moves then the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I never accused you of saying my opinion doesn't matter, I just asked you why my argument was flawed in your eyes. Anyways, you're argument goes down a slippery slope of logistics of what's fair. Ryu, bayonetta, cloud, every item user, and Zair users could be considered unfair as they deviate from the standard movesets in this game by having something additional in thier set that technically gives them more moves then the rest of the cast.
Not the same thing. They have those with their base movesets. I'm done arguing about this.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
lol But Miis by technicality do not have Customs, they have a large default moveset.
See this is the problem, I don't care about technicalities. I see something that imbalances the meta and say I don't want.

YOU ALL see an opportunity to make your main have a competitive advantage over so many other characters that have to rely on match-up experience or even secondaries. Instead of looking at the bigger picture you selfishly ask for more when you should be grateful Miis could end up legal at all! You all Bull**** definitions and technicalities just to get your way.

Get over yourselves.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
See this is the problem, I don't care about technicalities. I see something that imbalances the meta and say I don't want.

YOU ALL see an opportunity to make your main have a competitive advantage over so many other characters that have to rely on match-up experience or even secondaries. Instead of looking at the bigger picture you selfishly ask for more when you should be grateful Miis could end up legal at all! You all Bull**** definitions and technicalities just to get your way.

Get over yourselves.
Alright, first of all, you need to calm down. You clearly seem to care about technicalities because it's all you get riled up by. This hardly imbalances the meta as this is the Mii's full moveset. Also, whether we care about viability or not is irrelevant because with or without we do not gain that significant of an advantage, if any at all. You're looking at 12 being a bigger number than 4 and leaving it at that. You still haven't explained why or how it imbalances the meta other than "but its unfair".

If you think we want any kind of advantage over characters to force switches, you're wrong again, and you have no clue as to how these characters perform. We're clearly looking at the bigger picture, hence why we're fighting for a global ruleset change, lol. I honestly don't see how we're the ones being selfish when we're lambasted for playing "characters that don't exist". We take so much from everyone, TOs, Top Players, nobodies on Smashboards, etc. so why shouldn't we fight to free our character?

Where have we BSed any technicalities? We've told the truth through facts and evidence by game design and tournaments. Once again, I recommend you watch my video on the subject to be more informed. Also, to "get our way"? We don't have a hidden agenda, and it's not as easy as that lol.

I suggest you calm down and read what we have to say, rather than "muh unfairness" without any further explanation.

Last edited:

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao

Get over yourselves.
Well, I'm surprised shiek got passed you a-ok, a character with no losing matchups should be a red flag, jk. Look, I don't even main the mii fighters, but I don't like Miis being crippled because of someone acting out over an arbitrary issue that has never existed until someone actually did good with the characters

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Dang... I have not been in the competitive scene for Melee and Brawl. Were Ice Climbers ban or consider unfair for being two characters in one slot, able to double attack, chain grab which led to the well known technique Wobbling? How about Zelda being able to switch to top tier character by simply pressing of a button? Or how Pokemon Trainer was 3 characters in one and switch to any of those 3 with 9 different moves in "one" character? How about Peach being able to pull out a bomb, Mr. Saturn or beam sword at a random chance when items are off/none.

Those all appear unfair to me. They all given an unfair advantage compare the rest of the cast.

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
Dang... I have not been in the competitive scene for Melee and Brawl. Were Ice Climbers ban or consider unfair for being two characters in one slot, able to double attack, chain grab which led to the well known technique Wobbling? How about Zelda being able to switch to top tier character by simply pressing of a button? Or how Pokemon Trainer was 3 characters in one and switch to any of those 3 with 9 different moves in "one" character? How about Peach being able to pull out a bomb, Mr. Saturn or beam sword at a random chance when items are off/none.

Those all appear unfair to me. They all given an unfair advantage compare the rest of the cast.
I get the feeling most players want to be as far away from brawl-esque rules as possible because so they can make smash 4 a better game or whatever.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I get the feeling most players want to be as far away from brawl-esque rules as possible because so they can make smash 4 a better game or whatever.
Haha very true. My point was Players didn't think it was unfair nor give an unfair advantage that PT had 9 more moves than rest of the cast. Perhaps because PT and his pokemon suck in the game especially thanks to the stamina system.

T0MMY

Smash Master
............what the **** are you talking about? There is no proof to be had! I don't think its fair. That is my opinion. Others are free to feel otherwise. I'm done arguing this because of how stupid it is. "You need proof in order to-blah blah blah!" No. This isn't a ****ing scientific debate. This ain't some criminal trial. Its "some people want Mii specials and some don't." Hard facts are completely pointless.

AND I TOLD YOU TO SCROLL UP TO READ MY ARGUMENT I ALREADY POSTED. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME TO PRESENT PROOF WITHOUT READING MY POSTS!

I am not coming back to this thread because I've given my thoughts already. YOU have earned a spot in my ignore list for being a complete moron who can't even read someone's posts in an argument.
Apparently I did read your post if I could call the arguments out on their fallacy. If you are just spouting blatant opinion, feel free, can't say anyone will remember it with so much empty opinion being slung around these days - opinion dies by the roadside; strong argument grounded in logic and reasoning remain a treasure for those hungry for wisdom in the future.
Can't say I didn't give you a fair chance to back up your words. Your choice to present a reasonable case or leave empty-handed. You're welcome to come back for an audience with me if you converse by simple rules of reason. I always have an ear for the reasonable.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

I think there's only one person arguing about fairness here, and I don't think debating about fairness will lead anywhere in a game where bayonetta exists.

Murlough's arguments bring a paradox to consider though : why is it that pro-mii arguments are always in favor of giving miis all their options because "it's a part of the game and people should be able to make their own choice of moveset regardless of viability" while simultaneously fighting for customs to stay on "off" ?
I'd really like someone to answer this with an argument that couldn't be used against them by an anti-Mii poster, because so far I can't see any.

After reflecting on this debate for so long it appears to me that Customs legality and Mii legality go hand in hand.
Not because Miis are custom characters but because they are both in the same situation : being frowned upon by the majority of the community for bad reasons.
Wanting to change the rules for one but not for the other while constantly bringing up the concepts of equality, freedom and other american amendments just seems like hipocrisy.

Last edited:

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
I think there's only one person arguing about fairness here, and I don't think debating about fairness will lead anywhere in a game where bayonetta exists.

Murlough's arguments bring a paradox to consider though : why is it that pro-mii arguments are always in favor of giving miis all their options because "it's a part of the game and people should be able to make their own choice of moveset regardless of viability" while simultaneously fighting for customs to stay on "off" ?
I'd really like someone to answer this with an argument that couldn't be used against them by an anti-Mii poster, because so far I can't see any.

After reflecting on this debate for so long it appears to me that Customs legality and Mii legality go hand in hand.
Not because Miis are custom characters but because they are both in the same situation : being frowned upon by the majority of the community for bad reasons.
Wanting to change the rules for one but not for the other while constantly bringing up the concepts of equality, freedom and other american amendments just seems like hipocrisy.
The thing is, the preferred meta game right now is customs off for many players. And customs off determines what a default move is. Miis just so happens to be able to use multiple specials in customs off, meaning they simply have 3 default moves in each slot. Try this with palutena or anyone with a custom set and turn the button to off, and they can't use thosearch specials. This indicates those are custom moves. So in short, Miis don't actually have customs, they just have more specials to choose from to adapt to user preference and matchups. Think pit/dark pit in terms of moveset changes. That's my viewpoint on the subject.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Just my thoughts on the matter:

Mii players aren't fighting for customs to stay on "off," some mii players who share this opinion wants to separate the distinction of the customs situation vs. the Mii situation.

Mii players only want the distinction of their legality to lie within the confines of the game's selectable settings. There is a a Custom Fighters ON/OFF, but there isn't a toggle like that for Miis in smash mode. Heck, they have something like that in the online mode, lol. When you start to throw in philosophical discussions of what's fair and what characters deserve what, you end up in a mess. That's why some of the Mii players flock to that argument. It brings it out of the hands of us biased players as much as possible. We as a community discuss what's bannable and other similar things (ex. the stage legality thread).

Customs are an unprecedented problem with sizable amounts of content locked behind difficult unlocking methods. There is a lot of effort needed at large nationals where Wii Us are locked down and everything needs to be unlocked/provided by the TOs, vs. more grassroots events that would have better communication and transfers of sets.

Even so, just like item spawning, customs can be turned on and off. The game even shuts off Miis' equipment when it's set to Off as well. This doesn't really conflict with anything or create hypocrisy at all. In fact, Mii sizes are much more similar to the customs situation (while being more accessible / untoggleable) and most competitive Mii players are willing to compromise and not deal with custom sizes. So to me, the behavior doesn't seem to form a contradiction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom