• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Fighters Are Allowed In Online Tourament Mode! They even have a seprate toggle!

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
This post will be the shortest thread i've ever written, but here goes.

As some of you are becoming more and more increasingly aware about how Mii can enter online touraments. So far, Mii has been shown to be in the default rules of tourament options as many users set up touraments on the fly. In addition to being a part of the default ruleset, mii has his own toggle feature separate from the customs toggle. Futher proving mii is a special case when dealing with customs.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
(written in full snark/sarcasm mode)

btu wehn haev wi evar kared about waht massivehero sakura haruno from narito tihnks abot how wii paly teh gaem?????

plz sakurai

(More seriously)

I agree, that is interesting. Whether it will sway anyone's heart remains to be seen. I doubt it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't think the anti-Mii have a leg to stand on at this point.
Competitively we exploit the characters to their fullest potential. Bans/limits must be warranted.
Any assertion of banning or limiting the Mii fighters must be backed by reason for a sound argument.

Doesn't really need to be any simpler than that.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Not that they ever needed legs. Not when they could have tears and frighten TOs into banning these characters lest players stop attending.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I feel like TOs forcing Miis to be of default set and height / weight makes no sense. I mean the characters are designed with all of the specials and height / weight in mind. All of their specials get buffs and nerfs, I don't remember seeing any of the other characters' customs getting balance changes.

I mean the fact that they can use each special and a unique height and weight with customs off should at least make that much obvious.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Some custom specials get adjustments from time to time, but it is infrequent.

In any case, I find the label 'customs' for Miis distasteful. They are merely selecting from a categorical list of very different choices, kind of like ordering from a diner's menu.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I was super pleased when they showed that the Miis could be in online tournaments.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
So I swung by a Tournament Mode tournament tonight, signed up since it looked like it was running competitive settings.

Then I noticed they had the Miis disabled.

I left. Screw that noise.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
The only way to play Miis in an elimination bracket that might contain a semblance of competitive For Glory-like ness is the 1v1 Custom For Glory modes that only tick every half an hour.

It's alright, but you have to be aware that, while items are off and stages are set to omega, Equipment is also permitted, and as such, there's a good chance you'll face opponents that have a much greater advantage than you if you adopt the stance of ignoring equipment.

Unless/until Tourney mode is changed to better accomodate Regular Tourneys run by users or differentiate Equipment and Customs, playing a Mii on Tourney Mode will be needlessly complicated.

Top Bottom