• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Might Be Old and Not Even my discovery: ZSS's "Zap Jump"

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Someone posted this on GameFAQs and I wanted to forward it here in case this helps out anyone here. I would have just left it on GameFAQs, but most people there don't take anything seriously, so hopefully you guys will. Sorry if this is old. (Below here is all what was posted)

im so excited. I found an alsome glitch with zamus!!! I don't know if anyone knows about it, but for the time being, I want to call it zamus's zap jump.

For those of you who are unaware of what im talking about let me bring you up to speed. The zap jump, is a glitch that can be done with lucas to send him flying straight up into the air for a distance that is about the lenght of Final Destination (FD). this technique can be done in the air by pressing b-sideways and jump at the same time. it is important to note that your second jump is needed to accomplish such a feat.

Anyway back to the main topic at hand. Just a few minutes ago I was brawling online with one of my main characters (Lucas). After several fights, I decided to go zamus (my other main). while waiting in the practice stage, I was fooling around with zamus's b-down move (her third jump where she flips in the air) when i accidentally pressed jump while hold the control stick in the opposite direction of where i was heading. That's when it happened! zamus suddenly jumped backwards and flew about the distance of FD horizontally. you could only imagine my surprise when it happened. I decided that i had to do it again but this time i wanted to go forward. as it turned out, it worked!!! I did it three times before running to my computer.

Here's how i think it is performed, the process is simple. Like lucas's zap jump, you will need your second jump (at least i think you do). If you have the second jump, then all you need to do is press b-down and press jump I think around the last few frames of the move. It is still possible to do it if you press the jump button to early during the b-down move. This means that you don't need to time it!! (user friendly, huh :p )

I still need to test this some more. I don't know yet if timing can maximize the distance you get. also note that i don't think this will work if you do the kick in the middle of the move. i don't know if moving the control stick in a direction is required for this to work. What i do know is that if you want to zap jump in the opposite direction that you are heading, then you must move the control stick in the opposite direction.

the amount of ways that zamus can recover are even greater with this move. not only can this add to you recovery, but it also can add to zamus's mind games. please comment. let me know if this is known. I am going to see if this works with diddy's b-sideways right now.

Eten

Smash Ace
Well, I've not been doing anything fancy with her down-B, so I'll check it out. I wish I understood more precisely what he's describing though.

Yoshio!

Smash Rookie
oh god, i just realized, dude, what you..err...he did, it's just a...whats the term...when you jump on your opponent, stool jump?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
oh god, i just realized, dude, what you..err...he did, it's just a...whats the term...when you jump on your opponent, stool jump?
Sounds like it, but I'd have to test it for myself. As far as I know you can't do any moves out of ZSS's down-special besides the kick.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
This is worth testing out. It'd make for insane recovery, and you could easily cook up some silly mindgames while you're chillin' in your shield thinkin' "God, I'm amazing".

Proverbs said:
while waiting in the practice stage
Way to read the post, guys. <3
I'm about 99% sure you can't footstool the sandbag.
-_- I've tried several times to no avail, but I can easily footstool any in-game character.

-Nox`

doctorjuice

Smash Cadet
I've managed to do it twice I think. Does it look like her double jump except she's going horizontally? And can you be a little more specific on the timing?
EDIT: Wait no nevermind it was just a toadstool jump

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Tried this in training mode for about 20 minutes and all she did was just jump backwards. Then I landed on Dedede and launched myself across the stage. Footstool jump AWAAAAAY!

Yoshio!

Smash Rookie
Way to read the post, guys. <3
I'm about 99% sure you can't footstool the sandbag.
-_- I've tried several times to no avail, but I can easily footstool any in-game character.
I did read the post and i WAS wondering about the sandbag...but still, im 99% sure the only way ive managed to do what he described was using a footstool

tisthemorning

Smash Rookie
I think I did this before, but it takes your second jump. Not too sure though, I'll do some testing later.

Eten

Smash Ace
I know that footstool jumping out of down-B does not take your second jump. Interestingly, if I footstool jump out of down-B, not only is it higher/longer than a normal footstool jump, it also doesn't take away the number of max footstool jumps you can do or the height of your next footstool jump. Finally, by second-jumping out of a footstool jump out of a down-B, you can actually do another down-B. If his account of things is true, that's actually quite a bit of evidence of this actually not being a footstool jump. On the other hand, nobody seems to have been able to do this so far, so it may perhaps not be an accurate account of things to begin with.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
this person needs to be more clear, first its said you have to be holding the c-stick in the opposite direction of the way your going when you press down b and jump, and then its said all you need to do is jump at the last few frames

Rui

Smash Cadet
lol Fastest. btw, I just remembered that it was you that inspired me to use Samus in Melee. I watched one of your vids that demonstrated like all there was to Samus and I was like "holy crap!" and mained her. Yeah.

Anyway, yeah, I did some testing on it and although you can't footstool jump Sandbag normally, you can indeed footstool jump him with ZSS' down B. Just putting that out there in case that was still confusing.

fransisco4

Smash Cadet
Its a glitch?? I thought it was a normal technique. Its not a footstool, it rrally easy to perform, i found out tgat u can do yhis tofay.

Chakra

Smash Cadet
So I tested it a bit, and as it turns out, this can not only be used against the sandbag, but any other item in any direction.

I was playing around with ZSS and found this out, and searched to find this thread. Goes to show that not all noobs forget the search function. :p
Edit: nevermind, this has already been found.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Can I get some clarity here?

My questions are as followed:

Is the the built-in footstool jump on ZSS's Down-B?
If not, does it actually work like Lucas's zap jump?

The thread has left me confused.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Basically Aether it works like any other footstool jump as you do have to hit the jump button to bounce off people head, however because of the properties of the down B it lunches you in a odd trajectory.

Also as mention above by Charkra another feature the down B has is to bouncing off select items as well. This also works just like any normal footstool jump.

The only time (so I believe) that the footstool jump can happen or to bounce of a item is after Zamus start her down B and is blinking.

If you have any more questions about Zamus down B I would happy answer them though the PMS.

Top Bottom