• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight release?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Anywhere that's confirmed to have a midnight release? Have any of you called your local game/electronic store and asked about it? I remember my local Gamestop made it a pretty big deal for Brawl but I havent heard anything on midnight releases for Smash 3DS

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
I swung by my local Gamestop (Union Square NYC; the one closer to University Pl, not 3rd Ave) and they're doing a midnight release.

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
It's better not to go on a midnight release if you don't want to wait in line for a long time

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I need to check to see if my local Gamestop is doing a midnight release, but I believe that they are. I've never been to a midnight release before (in large part due to my school schedule), but it looks like I may actually be able to go this time.

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
Nintendo world and a large number of gamestops are doing midnight releases... does anyone know if best buy the smash fest best buys are doing midnight releases?

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received ~ Be mindful of Double Posting
I hope mine does a midnight release. It'd be a big step back if it was only select locations this time. Although yeah... I can understand with the awkward "two versions" thing.

Also buying a hard copy of any Nintendo game is almost always worth it. Digital doesn't give you ownership of anything. I'll do it digitally for the Wii U version because the Wii had problems reading my Brawl disc, and I am unlikely to ever sell it. But yeah... Nintendo games are solid gold collectibles.

Last edited by a moderator:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Also buying a hard copy of any Nintendo game is almost always worth it. Digital doesn't give you ownership of anything. I'll do it digitally for the Wii U version because the Wii had problems reading my Brawl disc, and I am unlikely to ever sell it. But yeah... Nintendo games are solid gold collectibles.
I always gotta get everything physically, Nintendo or not.
Though getting Nintendo games digitally may be a bad idea since there's no account system. If you're getting that new 3DS that means you can't actually sell/return your current 3DS for more money to pay for it. You gotta get both in your posession then do a system transfer.
And if yours happens to break... Lol goodbye to all your purchases because everything is linked to your console and not account.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I always gotta get everything physically, Nintendo or not.
Though getting Nintendo games digitally may be a bad idea since there's no account system. If you're getting that new 3DS that means you can't actually sell/return your current 3DS for more money to pay for it. You gotta get both in your posession then do a system transfer.
And if yours happens to break... Lol goodbye to all your purchases because everything is linked to your console and not account.
You can get all that stuff back if your system breaks but it is my understanding it is needlessly complicated and a huge time vampire to do so. It's not simply linked to your account, you've got to jump through a lot of hoops and customer service forms. Just one more reason to have the physical copy.

I'm in the process of selling off my Nintendo collection and you just get insane prices for even used Nintendo games. I couldn't believe Earthbound was $180 now.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
All my local gamestops are having one, the one I'm going to specifically is going to have a tourney :upsidedown:

S2

Smash Lord
There may be some Gamestops doing a midnight release. Normally for a Smash game I'd say they would, but I'm not sure if most do midnight releases for portable games. I imagine the Wii U version probably will have one.

Some local Gamestops will probably due midnight events for the game. If you really want to get it the second its available, you could always just get it digitally. Nintendo has started doing digital midnight release events.

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
If anyone has a local 24hr Walmart, they have the games available at midnight. No waiting in lines either :)

Top Bottom