• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight release weather cancellations

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
For SSBB, I will trudge through 10 feet of snow, leap the Snake River canyon, go through the flames of hell, punch the devil himself in the face, kill the Nemean Lion, cause 40 days of darkness for all of Egypt, wrestle a bear, rip a phonebook in half and complete the Kessel Run in less then 12 Parsecs.

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
It's been windy and rainy here for the past few hours, but it's finaly cleared up.
My big fear was the loss of electricity. I would have mastered electric magic in a day to play the game and power the Wii and TV by myself.
Midnight, here we come.

themitey1

Smash Cadet
God, i practically cried when i got that call. They just called me like 10 minutes ago that my midnight release is canceled. :( I'm in Kent, Ohio btw.

So...who else is looking for an alternative? Walmart will be open at midnight...right? :)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The closer we get, the more I dread that I, too, may get a call. Thankfully, it seems to so far be limited to Ohio.

The Rawk

Smash Rookie
Southeast Michigan is only supposed to get 1"- 3". Yet another reason why Michigan is better than the STATE of OHIO.
Sounds fair enough...Ohio really is a terrible state

To prove that, yesterday (Northeast Ohio) we got hit with 6" of snow, this morning freezing rain turned the roads to ice, and this afternoon its expected that 5"-8" of snow will fall.

Total snow accumulation from all this stands to weigh in at about 12"-16". Winter sure is being a ***** around here.

iluvwobbuffet

Smash Cadet
I'm in Hilliard, OH. I called my store around 11:30 AM and asked if they were still going to have it. The employee said he wasn't sure cause they had not heard from the district manager yet.

The weather is suppose to lighten up around 4-6PM. I plan to call inbetween 3-4PM to find out what's really going on.

I hate this cause I'm not that far from my Gamestop.

*sigh* This sucks. I was really looking forward to the midnight release. Never reserved anything that was released at Midnight at a Gamestop, so I was rather excited just for that experience.

That, and I talked with one of my best friends who's living in Flordia for school right now, and we want to fight each other on WIFI tonight.

I want to be hopeful, but the situation is so grim.

I can wait until tomorrow morning.....right.

I need a hug. =;_;=

**** OHIO WEATHER!

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Just called and there is still a midnight release here in NYC. Good news for some of us (me.)

DannyMDEFactor

Smash Cadet
Yay for NYC region! lol Well Ohioans, that's what you get for pronouncing roof (rŏŏf), "rough" (ruhf)

Synth

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I live in Eastlake, Ohio and ALL of the gamestops around me got cancelled for the midnight launch as well as the tournament I was suppose to go to all the way out in Ashtabula county in the Ashtabula Mall earlier today at 2. That is now being held tomorrow at 1. Hopefully THAT doesn't get postponed as well. >_>

Synth

Smash Cadet
Yay for NYC region! lol Well Ohioans, that's what you get for pronouncing roof (rŏŏf), "rough" (ruhf)
I say roof just fine thank you. The funny thing about that is when I played Medal of Honor: Rising Sun online, Canadians made fun of AMERICANS in general for mispronouncing that word, not just Ohioans. Haha.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Wow, my condolences to the ones who won't get Brawl at midnight release. Really sorry to hear that.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
it's clear here, does it affect all gamestops? This reminds me of the march 9 delay situation.

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Its rainy and windy as hell of here.

And I just got a call from eb games..................................That I should come sign in to pick up Brawl at 9:00pm

NYC ftw.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
aww, even tho i really want to try living in a place that snows, but i still prefer getting brawl tonight more lol

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I ask again, will this affect all tournaments, or only the ones with bad weather?
why would it affect all the tournaments?

so yeah, I'm pretty pissed, I keep calling my EBX and no one answers. Yesterday I got a call reminding me of the midnight release, I asked if weather would be an issue they said "we're hoping it will get better" so I'm trying to figure out if I don't go whether or not I'll miss the tourney, cus no one has called to cancel it, but no one is there to tell me when I call. GRRR

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
No stores are canceling or anything, but I will have to wait outside in about 24 degree (F) weather for a couple of hours. Brawl's worth it though.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
No stores are canceling or anything, but I will have to wait outside in about 24 degree (F) weather for a couple of hours. Brawl's worth it though.
Ah thank god for Hardcore brawl fans, Im with you, exept my weather is perfect.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
were having a snow storm in Kentucky as well and the midnight launch was cancelled so I am going to see if I can get walmart to sell me it at midnight.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
Mine is opening 10:00 am and The tourny is at 2:00 pm so this gives me a couple of hours to play.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
no storm cancellations here in virginia...just wind, but i called my gamestop just to double check it is still on...it is

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
We've had dustings of snow and hail. But they only are a few minutes long. Roads look clear so I should be good.

pirkid

Smash Lord
That's an insane and cruel turn. It's pretty bad here in the Toronto area and it looks like it will get worse.

I'm sad. My shipment is screw'd.

Top Bottom