• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio V [Melee] 1/17/09 ::Vids in 2nd post::

aquteen

Smash Ace
ya if you guys wanna have a shot at doingpools and crews with the turn out looking as big as it is gonna be than i suggest everyone should BRING SETUPS especially since I get to go for sure now its def the most important thing

just cause they say there doing pools doesnt mean it will happen, im not calling them liars im saying if the turn out is as big as its gonna be and there arnet enough setups they wont be able to od pools. So bring em cause if u dont this may be a 40-50 man tourney that will just have to be randomly seeded, and no one wants that
This man speaks the truth

hey what time u think singles will start?
after doubles.....

XDoesUpB

Smash Apprentice
ohh man this looks crazy

I was really looking forward to crews, but now that so many people are planning on showing up pools is probably more important

Watty

Smash Lord
ohh Man This Looks Crazy

I Was Really Looking Forward To Crews, But Now That So Many People Are Planning On Showing Up Pools Is Probably More Important
Crews Can Still Happen As Long As U Fro's Bring Motha Fukcin Setups!!!!

aquteen

Smash Ace
I was wondering sense I'm not that experienced as a TO how much time do pools take up?

like assuming we have a good number of setups (10?) and around 40-50 people.

Watty

Smash Lord
hey watty

i want to do some friendlies, my roy vs ur G&W :D do it to it
rofl at title. also I dont play the g&w anymore im a pichu man now. ill do those though be afraid lil rat is quick tooooo tooo tooooo quick

Big_R

Smash Champion
I was wondering sense I'm not that experienced as a TO how much time do pools take up?

like assuming we have a good number of setups (10?) and around 40-50 people.
it depends. u gotta do work and make sure ppl play their pools matches

you pry shouldnt put me and jiano in the same pool either cuz we might play friendlies for 30 mins then do our pool matches roflz

Watty

Smash Lord
it depends. u gotta do work and make sure ppl play their pools matches

you pry shouldnt put me and jiano in the same pool either cuz we might play friendlies for 30 mins then do our pool matches roflz
no u wont i wont allow such things

xyt

Smash Lord
sooo... when you say crews..
are we planning to do 4 or 5 man crews and have a tournament?
or are we planning to do 10 man OH vs. PA only crews?

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
I think Chuck is pooping out on bringing his TV. It IS kind of a biatch to put back after it's been taken out so I can understand why. Regardless, you can still count on us for at least 2 cubes. And Megachuk and FEAR will probably hit up The Lake for those high-fives for bringin' their ladies.

EDIT: Nvm, those chicks are taken. I just realized you said "single chicks", lol. Sorry bro. False alarm.:)

aquteen

Smash Ace
So if pools were to happen would something like this work?

(Assuming an attendance of 40-50)

8 Pools

5-6 people per pool

seeds 1-4 move on to a double elimination bracket

aquteen

Smash Ace
ya I guessing that if everyone who has said they will bring a setup does we will have around 10-15 so ya like half of them will probably only have one tv. I'll make sure the ones with only one tv have less people.

Watty

Smash Lord
we got at least 2 setups coming from are house possibly 3

edit: I dont know if u plan on eliminating people from pools or are just gonna use it for seeding. if u use it just for seeding and there are 10 tvs+ and max 50 people so we will say 14 tvs 8 people per that will be 2 tvs a piece which = cake walk. SO ****ERS WE NEED AT LEAST 14 TVS DO NOT QUESTION MY MATH OR ME IN GENERAL. COK has at least 2 coming from are house not including bigr bringing one. so theres 3 so we need 11 more aholes. STEP YO GAME UP

this is my 1337 post so i gotta make it epic and will also be my last post on this name.

thank u to everyone who knows me i am a joy in ur life and i know u appreciate it.

to the COK crew we rock out wiht are noodles out and no1 can do **** about that.

to bigr ur a traitor and u broke my heart. in the words of the godfather "this is something i cannot forgive"

to my midwest bros thats bout it ur my bros.

ec hoes u be *****es son get froed

wc if u aint dont wiht the COK than u must be gay!

wakka444

Smash Ace
wattys going?!?!
**** it ill be there set up and all
and you all watch out for that roy hes got some fire or something >.>

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i'll be bringing a drive to store matches on. If at all possible, to those who are recording matches. Once you're done could i copy the files? I like to do montages and stuff of events.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
wattys going?!?!
**** it ill be there set up and all
and you all watch out for that roy hes got some fire or something >.>
yeah but thats about all he has.....

i'll be bringing a drive to store matches on. If at all possible, to those who are recording matches. Once you're done could i copy the files? I like to do montages and stuff of events.
sounds like a freaking sweet idea

TheLake

Smash Master
im bringing a ****ing setup *****es. Also, I will be recording matches.
You and I are getting close. REAL close.

I would like millions of matches recorded.

I call this mans setup when playing tourney. Filmed tourney matches with zelda *drools at the mere thought* things are gonna get pretty hott and heavy ya'll

Top Bottom