• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid-air up-b boost

Spellbound

Smash Cadet
I was playing ZZS with some friends the other day and I did something weird with her up-B move while playing. What happend was that while I was in mid-air I used her up-B and while she was doing the attack she shot up into the air. Testing this out just a couple of minutes ago I found that this boost comes from her second jump, but the attack is performed while she rises in the air so it looks like she shoots straight up while using the attack. To do this you simply use up-B immediately after using the second jump. I also think you might get a slight bit more verticle distance if you do it with good timing.

IDK if this would be at all useful or if it's anything special, I just thought I would post about it since I think it's kind of interesting.

Snakeee

Smash Master
This is very old stuff, but alot of people don't realize that it does help out ALOT. I almost always do it when I'm recovering. If you do it at the very first frames of the jump you get more height from the Up-B. Turning off tap jump is crucial for this.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Indeed I use it for faking people out at times, it works XD

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
O thank you i ran into this and didnt even notice how i did it. Saved my hot *** quite a few times when recovering

Top Bottom