• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mickey Mouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPW

Smash Ace
I think Mickey is a long shot. But it would be cool.

Mario vs Mickey is a match made in heaven. Much like Mario vs Sonic was.

I'm pretty sure if the money is high enough they'll do it.

And with "Wreck it Ralph" having King Bowser in a Disney movie. Who knows what might be on the cards?

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
How about if Smash Bros gives him that Epic Mickey look and act like he was from Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts, nothing else. No reference to Magical Quest or any other Mickey Mouse games

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's significantly more boring, IMO. There's a lot more to do with the SNES titles.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
He's my ONLY wanted Disney character if they add more than 1 it wouldn't feel like Smash Bros anymore

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think if Smash ever added a 4th party, it would only need to be one and would have to be Mickey. Disney has been a solid supporter of Nintendo as pointed out in these threads. I think it is near impossible that Mickey will be in Smash 4 but if we start the talk now, it could happen for Smash 5.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I dreamt of him being in the game. And Bowser Junior too. And they had the same weapon. Guess what?

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Anybody have any ideas about a move set for Epic Mickey?
Standard B: Paint Brush/Thinner
Side B: Spin Attack
Down B: Brings tv out with his brush to distract his opponents, but lasts as long as Jigglypuffs singing
Up B: Hangs on to Oswald and hellicopters up for a few seconds

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just want his final smash to be Mickey getting a wand and bringing in the brooms with water buckets from Fantasia. That would be awesome!

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't see Mickey having a shot. While he's been on Nintendo consoles, he isn't originally a video game character.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I would rather prefer for Mickey to have his powers and suits from his Capcom SNES games than his Epic incarnation.

Doubt he will get in, despite the history he has with Nintendo and has a fame similar to Mario.

But if I would pick between Popeye and Mickey. It will be Popeye.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I would rather prefer for Mickey to have his powers and suits from his Capcom SNES games than his Epic incarnation.
See? You understand.

Speaking of which, a moveset based on the Magical Adventure games for the SNES would be pretty sweet. Perhaps each special move would do an attack that causes him to change costumes like in the aforementioned games, which in turn would change his A moves and grabs.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I don't see Mickey having a shot. While he's been on Nintendo consoles, he isn't originally a video game character.
Well the Epic Mickey franchise is pretty famous and also has a neat design so I guess that technically makes him a game character

D

Deleted member

Well the Epic Mickey franchise is pretty famous and also has a neat design so I guess that technically makes him a game character
No, it doesn't "technically" make him a game character.

It doesn't magically change the fact that Mickey started off in cartoons.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Probably from a bunch of clueless shmucks, I'm gussing.

There is no way Mickey Mouse joining Super Smash Bros. no matter how much you beg or cry.

D

Deleted member

This is ridiculous. A non-video game character will never get in and for good reasons.

Look, I would love to see either Astro Boy or Kid Goku on SSB4, but you won't see me entertain them as possibilities or even remotely good choices because they simply aren't.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice if He & Oswald made it (as a team) they have a successful game for the Wii with a sequel on the way, Nintendo & Disney have had history together so i wouldn't say it's out of the question, now I do see how the 4th Party character thing plays its part but it establishes itself as it's on entity in the gaming world then I think Mickey should be able to join the roster if so wanted

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
This is ridiculous. A non-video game character will never get in and for good reasons.

Look, I would love to see either Astro Boy or Kid Goku on SSB4, but you won't see me entertain them as possibilities or even remotely good choices because they simply aren't.
Hey you never know

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
It would be nice if He & Oswald made it (as a team) they have a successful game for the Wii with a sequel on the way, Nintendo & Disney have had history together so i wouldn't say it's out of the question, now I do see how the 4th Party character thing plays its part but it establishes itself as it's on entity in the gaming world then I think Mickey should be able to join the roster if so wanted
I'm pretty sure that's the only 4th party character that has a possibility

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sort of off topic and I don't know where to mention it. In some leaked video from Comic Con, that not only shown Sonic in the Wreck it Ralph film, it shows him as a guest in the next Sega racing game.

Many were saying about what if Ralph gets into Smash, what if this somehow influences stuff and gets a Disney rep in? Not suggesting anything but just a consideration which I had no idea where to place.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Sort of off topic and I don't know where to mention it. In some leaked video from Comic Con, that not only shown Sonic in the Wreck it Ralph film, it shows him as a guest in the next Sega racing game.

Many were saying about what if Ralph gets into Smash, what if this somehow influences stuff and gets a Disney rep in? Not suggesting anything but just a consideration which I had no idea where to place.
Because that totally takes Disney's longest running rep's spotlight (Epic Mickey version that is)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Everyone keeps bringing up the "no 4th party quote" from Sakurai which he used for Brawl and has not made any comment with regard to this game.

I don't want to see Darth Vader or Goku, or any other strange character but Mickey Mouse is involved heavily in video games and the Wii and is a character, to me, that fits well with the Nintendo world.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This thread is a joke. It lacks information, doesn't convince me Mickey could get in/should get/why I should support him, no move sets/game play/stats/color swaps, etc, and the OP has a "Micky mouse is cool do he'd fit into brawl".

At least try to make the OP interesting and detailed. If you want to make a character thread (especially if it's a controversial choice), it's your job to try to convince doubters with logic, facts, and interesting ideas - something this thread lacks.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Hey you never know
That doesn't qualify as a valid argument.

@volbound: Except that there is no logical reason why Sakurai would allow non-video game characters after banning them in Brawl. None of the ineligible characters have much, if any support whatsoever and then we have to consider that Sakurai stated himself that in some ways, getting third-party characters in is harder than making the game itself. If Sakurai considered getting third-party to be such an arduous process, then he is not going to even bother considering Mickey Mouse, since that would probably be even harder to do, especially when you consider that licensing issues and fitting the character would be much harder to do.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
This thread is a joke. It lacks information, doesn't convince me Mickey could get in/should get/why I should support him, no move sets/game play/stats/color swaps, etc, and the OP has a "Micky mouse is cool do he'd fit into brawl".

At least try to make the OP interesting and detailed. If you want to make a character thread (especially if it's a controversial choice), it's your job to try to convince doubters with logic, facts, and interesting ideas - something this thread lacks.

:phone:
I made a moveset on page 4

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, really. Look. At. The. Thread. Rating.

Most people know this isn't happening. Honestly, it is delusional to think that Mickey stands a shot. He's a cartoon character that did not originate in video games. Plus, he's made by an American company, if that counts for anything. Not to mention, considering how "family-oriented" Disney is, why would they want Mickey in a fighting game? Not to mention he gets abysmal demand in comparison to even other 4th Party characters.

Sorry if I'm being blunt, but this is not gonna happen, and I will gladly make a video of me eating a peanut butter and mustard sandwich if it does.

On pumpernickel.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I made a moveset on page 4
Yes, on page four but not pasted on the OP. Most people, who are mildly interested, only look at the OP in order to get what the entire thread is about. If you want people to take this thread semi-seriously, keep the OP centralized, organized, and detailed.

Booooooo

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Yes, on page four but not pasted on the OP. Most people, who are mildly interested, only look at the OP in order to get what the entire thread is about. If you want people to take this thread semi-seriously, keep the OP centralized, organized, and detailed.

Booooooo
I'm new here what's OP?

D

Deleted member

OP stands for Original Post. GameFAQs uses TC for Thread Creator.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know Popeye was originally going to be Nintendo's mascot, right? If any American. Cartoon. Character. gets in, which they won't, it would be Popeye over Mickey by a long shot.

Face it, he has no chance.

Edit: I just realized that all of your posts are in this thread...

D

Deleted member

He's also the only cartoon who has a possibility
How is he a possibility when Sakurai ruled them out in Brawl and with there being no reason for him to consider otherwise? This goes for every single non-video game character, not just most of them.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
How is he a possibility when Sakurai ruled them out in Brawl and with there being no reason for him to consider otherwise? This goes for every single non-video game character, not just most of them.
It's just Mickey it's all I (and a lot of people who support him) want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom