• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mickey Mouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Which is fine. You are entitled to wanting mickey.

However, its next to impossible he will be included. I'm interested in who all these people are. I'm not aware that Mickey was even wanted. Please use facts and sources to support your arguments.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

It's just Mickey it's all I (and a lot of people who support him) want
Last time I checked, Mickey is barely requested. Go back to the Brawl General Discussion thread and look at the two threads for SSB4 that was created (going to replies to find them should help you in your research as one had nearly 40,000 posts and other had around 110,000 posts). Mickey was barely even mentioned. Go to GameFAQs, go to basically any Smash discussion threads on the Internet, he rarely comes up. Even YouTube has him rarely mentioned. Japanese website sure as heck don't mention him.

Like Venus just said, you need evidence, which you don't have.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Which is fine. You are entitled to wanting mickey.

However, its next to impossible he will be included. I'm interested in who all these people are. I'm not aware that Mickey was even wanted. Please use facts and sources to support your arguments.

On Youtube theres:
AGEntertainment (don't watch that video it's a complete waste of time)
Nynevoltgames
Sonicandsally11
supermariofan03
Hyperspine
Soopakoopa scoopaloopa

and on Gamefaqs there's:
Epic Mickey version of Mickey
Here's a question: Is Epic Mickey a potential newcomer
The reason why people want Mickey Mouse in SSB4
Mickey Mouse Yay or Nay?
Sign here if you want the Epic Mickey version of Mickey in SSB4

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Good! That's a start. Like I said, you are welcome to want a character and start a thread for it. Hell, I did an Assassins creed character thread.

However, if you want to convince people Mickey Mouse would be interesting, it would be good to present several move sets, game play styles, pictures, and information. It would make your OP and thread much more professional and interesting.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Good! That's a start. Like I said, you are welcome to want a character and start a thread for it. Hell, I did an Assassins creed character thread.

However, if you want to convince people Mickey Mouse would be interesting, it would be good to present several move sets, game play styles, pictures, and information. It would make your OP and thread much more professional and interesting.

Sorry I'm new here and this is my first thread

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So my suggestion to you is to heavily edit your first post. Just go to the front page where you made your first post and you will see the "Edit" button.

Here is an example of what would make the OP much better:

A Move Set. A move set really shows readers how well the character would play in Smash. There are bad ways to go about making move sets and good ways. Keep it varied, unique, and interesting. Look at the Smash Bros. wiki for help on move set criteria and guidelines.

Game playstyle. This goes hand in hand with move sets. This gives readers a sense of how you see the character perform in the game. This is pretty important since it showcases how YOU want the character to be like. This includes how powerful, slow, fast, tall, short, heavy, light, etc the character is as well how fast he/she falls, jumping ability, traction, etc. Basically create a character from the ground up.

Arguments/counter-arguments. You made a thread for a fairly controversial /un-popular character. As such, you should be prepared to defend this character if you want him so bad. Read on what people have said the last five pages and form your own arguments for Mickey. Pull out resources such as how many Nintendo games have been associated with Mickey, the relationship/history between Nintendo and Disney, the process of 3rd party characters, etc. These are all important and will make your case stronger.

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Usually a nice sized picture of the character in question. You can also add pictures of color swaps, move ideas, costume ideas, etc.

So there are two choices: either do the leg work in making this thread a interesting character support thread or you can just let it go and let people **** it up and down. your choice.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
So my suggestion to you is to heavily edit your first post. Just go to the front page where you made your first post and you will see the "Edit" button.

Here is an example of what would make the OP much better:

A Move Set. A move set really shows readers how well the character would play in Smash. There are bad ways to go about making move sets and good ways. Keep it varied, unique, and interesting. Look at the Smash Bros. wiki for help on move set criteria and guidelines.

Game playstyle. This goes hand in hand with move sets. This gives readers a sense of how you see the character perform in the game. This is pretty important since it showcases how YOU want the character to be like. This includes how powerful, slow, fast, tall, short, heavy, light, etc the character is as well how fast he/she falls, jumping ability, traction, etc. Basically create a character from the ground up.

Arguments/counter-arguments. You made a thread for a fairly controversial /un-popular character. As such, you should be prepared to defend this character if you want him so bad. Read on what people have said the last five pages and form your own arguments for Mickey. Pull out resources such as how many Nintendo games have been associated with Mickey, the relationship/history between Nintendo and Disney, the process of 3rd party characters, etc. These are all important and will make your case stronger.

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Usually a nice sized picture of the character in question. You can also add pictures of color swaps, move ideas, costume ideas, etc.

So there are two choices: either do the leg work in making this thread a interesting character support thread or you can just let it go and let people **** it up and down. your choice.
Would it be ok if I say the only games he's from are the Epic Mickey games?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Would it be ok if I say the only games he's from are the Epic Mickey games?
:glare: Epic Mickey series is far, FAR from being the only Mickey Mouse games on Nintendo systems:

- 5 on the Game Boy (3 of them only imply to the Japanese versions since the American/European versions use Ghostbusters, Garfield, or Bugs Bunny as the theme instead)
- 4 on the Game Boy Advance
- 2 on the GameCube
- 2 on the Nintendo 64
- 2 on the NES (1 of them only implies to the Japanese version since the International version is known as Kid Klown)
- 5 on the SNES
- 3 on the Game & Watch

And all of that's just games with "Mickey" in the title (there's about 13 more + Kingdom Hearts).

How many of these were published by Nintendo? 7.

And, like everyone else is saying, Mickey has absolutely zero chance of being in Sm4sh no matter how good of a case you make. Sakurai said characters must have been ORIGINATED FROM A VIDEO GAME and still implies today. Mickey Mouse was created in 1928, that's about 40 years before the very first video game was made.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
:glare: Epic Mickey series is far, FAR from being the only Mickey Mouse games on Nintendo systems:

- 5 on the Game Boy (3 of them only imply to the Japanese versions since the American/European versions use Ghostbusters, Garfield, or Bugs Bunny as the theme instead)
- 4 on the Game Boy Advance
- 2 on the GameCube
- 2 on the Nintendo 64
- 2 on the NES (1 of them only implies to the Japanese version since the International version is known as Kid Klown)
- 5 on the SNES
- 3 on the Game & Watch

And all of that's just games with "Mickey" in the title (there's about 13 more + Kingdom Hearts).

How many of these were published by Nintendo? 7.

And, like everyone else is saying, Mickey has absolutely zero chance of being in Sm4sh no matter how good of a case you make. Sakurai said characters must have been ORIGINATED FROM A VIDEO GAME and still implies today. Mickey Mouse was created in 1928, that's about 40 years before the very first video game was made.
Yeah but Epic Mickey is a really famous franchise and many people want to see that version get in and that technically makes him a game character

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
disney in smash?

no

no
nonononono

look i know they're making him feel like both a disney and game character now, but he'st stilll a cartoon character first, nto a vidoe game character.

Its the same reason any DBZ characters should NOT be in smash

sakurai even stated this during brawls development when he was asking folks hwo to suggest characters for smash, he specifically stated, they had to have appeared in, and played an important role in a game released on a nintendo console, AND they had to have been a video game character first, not an anime character who had games released about their cartoons.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@HugeMarioFan: Except it doesn't. Epic Mickey still = Mickey.

Mickey = Cartoon Character

Cartoon Character =/= Video Game Character.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
still not a video game character, he originates from cartoons not videogames, so there. and Sakurai said that a character must originate from a video game. appearence in Epic Mickey or not, he's still not eligible for inclusion in Smash, unless Sakurai changes his mind, but that's unlikely.

quoting this since people seem to miss it.

there is no point in this topic even having cgone on this long.

Mickey does not stand a chance in hell of getting into smash bros.
nor does goku
or bugs bunny
or popeye
or any other random cartoon character you can think of.

as Much as I loved Epic mickey, Mickey mouse does not fit the criteria to be put in smash bros.

the character has to have originated as a video game character, NOT A CARTOON CHARACTER.

once again, Sakurai even stated this during brawls development, so you might as well just forget about suggesting any other cartoon characters, because they're not gonna happen.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
quoting this since people seem to miss it.

there is no point in this topic even having cgone on this long.

Mickey does not stand a chance in hell of getting into smash bros.
nor does goku
or bugs bunny
or popeye
or any other random cartoon character you can think of.

as Much as I loved Epic mickey, Mickey mouse does not fit the criteria to be put in smash bros.

the character has to have originated as a video game character, NOT A CARTOON CHARACTER.

once again, Sakurai even stated this during brawls development, so you might as well just forget about suggesting any other cartoon characters, because they're not gonna happen.
There's a difference with this Mickey

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But none of that matters because Sakurai turned down 4th Parties.

D

Deleted member

He has a really neat looking design and a gripping story and it won so many awards and this is the Mickey people want to see
Doesn't magically make him elligible.
Also the design is that of Classic Mickey, but with red pants.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At this point it's just hugemariofan throwing flawed logic and everyone else quickly shooting him down again and again. In other words, this is becoming tiresome.

What bothers me is how this thread isn't even locked yet.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
HMF

it doesn't mattter how different the mickey in the epic mickey games looks

hes
still
mickey
mouse
the
cartoon
character

it doesn't mattre what kind of excuse you can try to come up with, at the end of the day, so long as its Mickey mouse, he can't qualify for smash because he started as a cartoon character, and that's all he really is.

He's not eligible for smash bros, no amount of excuses you make about how cool or "unique" this version of mickey is compared to what you see him like in the cartoons, is going to change the fact taht its still mickey mouse, and he DID NOT ORIGINATE AS A GAME CHARACTER.

Just face the facts man, Mickey originally started as a cartoon character, and he can't qualify to get in smash bros, let it go.

unless sakurai changes his criteria for what makes a character eligible to appear in the game, Mickey mouse, Popeye, Goku, or any other random cartoon character you can think of will NOT be making it into smash bros.

Now Sora from Kingdom hearts? yeah maybe he has a shot, but no matter how hard you beg, mickey isn't going to make it.

soraxkairi7

Smash Rookie
Mickey may be able to do some pretty awesome things with a Keyblade, but I don't know. I'd rather have Sora or Riku.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
hugemariofan, I am curious if you support Mickey as a playable character based on him having a decent chance or zero chance.

If you think he has a chance of making into Smash 4, what are your reasons? Why do you think Mickey deserves a spot based on sakurai{s four criteria:

- People must want to play as this character
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the game
- The character must be adaptable

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mickey Mouse would make a good character, and has a long history with video games. As long as it represents Mickey as his game counterparts rather than Mickey from the cartoons. His personality is vastly different, though even among the games themselves it is.

I think he'd fit in pretty well. If he had never been a cartoon character, and his character was still as popular as his cartoon self, there wouldn't really be a question of this.

Mickey could be unique. I picture him using a key as a weapon and weilding magic. Very whimsical magic that isn't something SMASH represents very well. The characters that use magic in smash use it in, what I feel, is a very rigid way.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Still missing a creteria,but yet still a better definition that makes the character looks cooler.

Even if impossible,interesting.

Take exemple on Psycho,Plumberfan.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
hugemariofan, I am curious if you support Mickey as a playable character based on him having a decent chance or zero chance.

If you think he has a chance of making into Smash 4, what are your reasons? Why do you think Mickey deserves a spot based on sakurai{s four criteria:

- People must want to play as this character
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the game
- The character must be adaptable
Epic Mickey is a pretty famous series and many people want him

D

Deleted member

Mickey breaks the number 1 criteria for 3rd Parties; THEY MUST HAVE ORIGINATED ON A VIDEO GAME.

There is no "Epic Mickey", there is only Mickey. The fact that Mickey originated as a cartoon character means he is inelligible A "specific version from a game" does not magically make him elligible. Otherwise, we should also be expecting someone like Arkham Series Batman.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Mickey breaks the number 1 criteria for 3rd Parties; THEY MUST HAVE ORIGINATED ON A VIDEO GAME.

There is no "Epic Mickey", there is only Mickey. The fact that Mickey originated as a cartoon character means he is inelligible A "specific version from a game" does not magically make him elligible. Otherwise, we should also be expecting someone like Arkham Series Batman.
That's a Playstation exclusive

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Super Godzilla confirmed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Because people are getting upset with the way this thread is going, I'll be locking it before anything worse happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom