• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Is there any tournies or smashfests coming up in the near future? I've been kinda out of the scene but I wanna start playing again.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Roki, any updates on the secondary stream layout? I think we're only gonna need one player cam -- Chad, can we borrow yours for Big House weekend? And let's go for three different layouts -- one with a split screen of the game and player cam, one with a full screen of the player cam, and one with a full screen of the game. If you watched Omnigamer's secondary stream at FC, it's pretty much exactly that.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Juggleguy if you want a layout I'd be happy to make you one. I make every single layout for all of MI's Brawl streams. I'd be happy to lend a helping hand.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't think it'll be too hard for Roki to make one, I'm not looking for anything super fancy. But I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks Ori.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Np just wanted to offer a creative hand. I'm making The PS5 layout so since I was going to be making layouts I would just kill 2 birds in one session.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We need to convert to the Facebook group trend that all other regions are doing. It's really, really effective for organizing impromptu Smashfests and posting random opinions/ideas/requests/questions/etc. like putting a carpool together for tourneys and stuff like that. All the other regions have huge Facebook groups: NorCal is at like 300 members, SoCal has like 200, NEOH has over 200. They're all super active, and I see at least 3-4 new Facebook threads per day from each of them. Basically functions as a much better version of the Smashboards Community Chats.

Kyle made a group for UM awhile ago but it's at a ridiculously low 25 members last I checked, and there is virtually no activity. Let's change that to just "Michigan Melee" to encompass the whole state, then invite every single player who we've ever interacted with so we can actually talk about Smash plans more frequently.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
We need to convert to the Facebook group trend that all other regions are doing. It's really, really effective for organizing impromptu Smashfests and posting random opinions/ideas/requests/questions/etc. like putting a carpool together for tourneys and stuff like that. All the other regions have huge Facebook groups: NorCal is at like 300 members, SoCal has like 200, NEOH has over 200. They're all super active, and I see at least 3-4 new Facebook threads per day from each of them. Basically functions as a much better version of the Smashboards Community Chats.

Kyle made a group for UM awhile ago but it's at a ridiculously low 25 members last I checked, and there is virtually no activity. Let's change that to just "Michigan Smash" to encompass the whole state, then invite every single player who we've ever interacted with so we can actually talk about Smash plans more frequently.
Yessss. I'd probably participate alot more in the smash community in general if we correlated between facebook and smash forums

v2.x

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
I'm 2.x, If you remember me, I was the CF main that got destroyed at Sweet VI, I think I played Moose in pools lol. I've been working on my CF ever since then and am looking for people to play smash with up at State! I'm still not all that great, but I need someone to practice with that loves Melee just as much as me. I live in Wilson and have a full setup, besides a memory card and Brawl/Project M.
Also, that Facebook group would be amazing btw.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Nuthin to worry there, got some in the works, doubt it'll be something similar to vgbootcamp like I told you before (for consistency's sake). Can show you ideas soon enough, week's been rough so I gotta gather my thoughts a bit first.

Also asked omni about streaming stuff and he managed to find a program that allows streaming and recording (instead of having to split).

Top Bottom