• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Tournament Coming- Smash Bros Melee!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I don't believe you. The TVs we had were horrific, and seeing as how it's a sponsored event I'm guessing they used the same TVs everywhere.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
That's because the houston MGC TVs had less lag than the Austin MGC TVs. Either they did not use the same TVs or they had a better setup that lead to less lag.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's because the houston MGC TVs had less lag than the Austin MGC TVs. Either they did not use the same TVs or they had a better setup that lead to less lag.
Seriously. When I hit right it should not take 2 seconds for me to move.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
i got pretty used to the lag, though im not a very technical player, and marth is still relatively easy to use with laggy tvs, but whatever.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
LOL Alex and Ronnie are awesome. Wes made a lot of good points tho, but it wasn't as entertaining. I can't wait to see mine, it's ********. :chuckle:

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Why do these things keep happening. Haha my second interview should be up later, that one is much better :p

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Apparently, you can only win one tournament for each game series, so that other people can have a shot at first prize. Second prize is only a lousy shirt, so aim for first. You have four chances, unless you're willing to travel... :)
Does this mean that if you take second, you're disqualified from entering future tournaments for that same game?

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
No, because I myself got second in Melee 2 weeks ago, but last weekend I won... so yeah you will be fine.

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
OKAY THIS IS IMPORTANT

sumbody, anybody, please give me a ride to this thing tommorrow. not only will i pay for gas, but if i get 1st i will give u sum of my prize money as well. and dont think i cant win this tihng, i got 3rd at tha last one only losing to ronnie (who got 1st) in 2 very very close matchez. plz sumbody give me a ride to this, i really want to go and i have a very good chance of winning.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For Houston:

1st-Roy
2nd-Mouf
3rd-??? (wasn't paying attention)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh wow, you all actually had finals where two good players competed. Every one of our finals involved a good player vs. a scrub who more or less rode the brackets.

DuKe™

Smash Journeyman
the tourny was good pretty fun, but , single elimination is so stupid, i couldve gone higher than what i placed usually, it was cool though roy was clearly the best there

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Austin:

1st: Hylian
2nd: Bluk(Fletcher)
3rd: AustinRC

Kirby is top tier.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
MGC needs to get some normal TVs(Assuming you guys had laggy TVs as well :\) by da finalz.
lol. Can't wait to play all you guys.
I completely agree, the TVs were horrible. I saw many people missing their L-cancels, and I avoided doing anything extravagant because I was afraid the lag would hurt my timing too much

Laijin

Smash Hero
I completely agree, the TVs were horrible. I saw many people missing their L-cancels, and I avoided doing anything extravagant because I was afraid the lag would hurt my timing too much
lol. I could'nt play Young Link cuz the lag was pissing me off.
So I picked Peach and went to Dreamland on the final match. I spammed D-smash the entire match and 3 stocked the dood. .___. He could'nt do much either cause of the lag.
I really do hope they fix that problem.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
During the tourney, I was talking to the staff that the tvs were complete crap and screwed up our reaction time.

Surely they could've changed tvs from complaints being heard each tourney. If the pot is going to be $3,000, they really need to get some normal tv sets.

SmooveG

Smash Cadet
During the tourney, I was talking to the staff that the tvs were complete crap and screwed up our reaction time.

Surely they could've changed tvs from complaints being heard each tourney. If the pot is going to be $3,000, they really need to get some normal tv sets.
MGC has heard the concerns, for legal reasons they can't change the tournament format until the tour schedule is complete, but they will have this issue addressed for the finals!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
MGC has heard the concerns, for legal reasons they can't change the tournament format until the tour schedule is complete, but they will have this issue addressed for the finals!
Ok awesome.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Im talking about as in i would like to play in that actual tournament in Dallas... can i do that?

Top Bottom