• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Finals! Who's coming and who's going to win thread.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmooveG

Smash Cadet
After 52 tournaments across the country, it all comes down to Dallas, TX on October 6. Who's the best of the qualified smashers coming to Big D?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I think Wes is going to win, my opinion. But if they are using those laggy TVs I expect a lot of upsets.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
dope, wobbles, and luninspectra are coming. one of them will probably win, unless someone even better like pc chris (or someone of that caliber - ken, chu dat, mew2king, koreandj, etc.) comes.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Yah, Zinth won one of those gay *** tournies, so he is going. Im putting my money on Wes....or Rob.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I still haven't been contacted about travel compensation or anything. And my info still isn't up on the site, though I won the first week in July.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh yeah, DoH... I saw your set versus Bluezaft. There were some suspicious moments... I distinctly recall you mystically avoiding a couple forward-smashes that, quite literally, went straight through you.

Explain yourself.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
*grabs autograph adn cherises for the rest of his life*

*eats candy before it goes bad*

Hey, wait a tick.
I main roy. Hes got all that fire and stuff, and rumor has it that he counters everybody.

Clearly this means that I'm going to win...right?? :confused:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You know what? I'm just going to freeze glitch everybody.

And if you play IC's, I'll freeze your Popo and infinite your Nana.

Laijin

Smash Hero
You guys are forgetting about Laijin, because he says Young Link does well against Peach.

btw. Is there anything banned in this tournament?
Cause if not, i'm counter picking Icicle Mountain against everyone I play.
I'm also going to freeze glitch everyone I play as well, as well as wobble everyone too.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Well at least you didn't totally copy and paste the post before yours.

The stages are pretty normal really, except that Rainbow Cruise is on random and you don't get to strike anything.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
*grabs autograph adn cherises for the rest of his life*

*eats candy before it goes bad*

Hey, wait a tick.
I main roy. Hes got all that fire and stuff, and rumor has it that he counters everybody.

Clearly this means that I'm going to win...right?? :confused:
Sethlon, you could at least give me a little credit for my signature quote man. Lawlz, I want to Roy ditto you, My Roy has gotten a lot better. (You could only 2 stock me in our last ditto, I figure this time I should beat you. >=])

Though, My main is Marth, my secondary is Roy, for the moment; But very well may switch it back to Roy. Pwned.

You're **** lucky I didn't win. I placed 3rd and 2nd in MGC's. Losing both times to UTD Zac, and Blue, who went on to win the tournaments, so it's not a total loss, but still. >=/

WINNER!: As far as the Winner! I'll list who I want to win in their respective order. (A.k.a. If my pick gets knocked out, who I would want to win next, etc. etc.)

Wobbles the Phoenix.
BlueZaft
Darkness of Heart/UTD Zac
Sethlon (Roy FTW)
DON'T REALLY CARE BEYOND THAT LINE.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
you play corneria chang.

hush.

hopes everyone doesn't know that i counterpick corneria

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Wish I could have won one of these...

Stupid legendary bad-bracket-getting-Po... ( I swear that's what I'll be remembered for, always getting placed with Top-5 Tournament winners at EVERY freaking tourney I go to...)

IN THE FIRST FRIGGIN' ROUND, ALWAYS...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got my plane ticket stuff yay. And lmao I was thinking about playing IC's as well and just Wobbling or Jab-cancelling infinites :).

*hopes sethlon plays roy if I have to play him*

XD.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Mahahahaha!!!

Whos the traitor now?!?!?!?!!?
:}

My roy's gotten loads better too. When we played, I wasn't even actually maining him.

But yeah, it would be fun to play you again.
Lawl, we'll see. Actally, playing with Marth has improved my Roy, because learning to double fair short hop has increased my fingers, and attempting to get the dexterity required to double laser short-hop with Fox has done so as well. :]

If so, I'll probably come to whereever the tournament is being held and get in some friendlies with a few people (**** you Blue and UTD From Screwing me from winning). But yeah. My Roy is still a powerhouse, and still may actually be better than my Marth since he feels more natural, I also picked up on some things you use to do with Roy (I.E. DED to close distances and for jabbing, And wave dash to Dtilt, back and forward etc. )

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This should be fun, im looking forward to playing some of the best south west players.

Casuals anyone?

and since i get a FREE HOTEL ROOM cause i live in Virginia, after the tourney we should get a fest going in my room.
We all get free hotel rooms except maybe the dallas people lol.

Oh, and MM's anyone? XD.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
We all get free hotel rooms except maybe the dallas people lol.

Oh, and MM's anyone? XD.
MM accepted.

Yeah, we have the option of getting a hotel room. But, you know, it's pointless unless you're from some foreign country like Fort Worth. And I think UTD Zac actually got a certificate good for a plane ticket "from Dallas to Dallas." But now they're giving us gas money instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom