• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's worst Matchup?

Ten_Squat_Curls

Banned via Warnings
In PM shield grabbing is what is good. So anyone he cant shield grab. I heard if you wear a fedora your shield grabs become twice as easy to get.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Characters that hit insanely hard I have trouble with as well. Like pikachu's up-smash -> thunder kills mewtwo at around 70%, probably lower depending on the stage (or not at all on dreamland, dreamland is really good vs pikachu). And yeah, while at higher percents pikachu has to switch to up-tilt -> thunder it's still pretty rough to be killed vertically earlier than up-throw kills your opponent.

otherwise hmm.. Pit is hard because mewtwo is forced to approach, and if your opponent can punish up-b -> n-air on reaction then mewtwo has a tough time approaching. I like to side-B spam the lasers to just kind of like.. deter pit from spamming but yeah I think pit can definitely out-camp mewtwo.

Fox is hard for a similar reason, he can camp lasers and force mewtwo to approacha and then kills mewtwo early with up-smash. If mewtwo plays perfectly and can 0-KO fox then it's in mewtwo's favor, but it's really hard to do that.

Sonic MIGHT be hard, I haven't played vs any top level sonics yet. Toon link could be hard as well but I'm not too worried. I just played a bo3 at ktar9 with pink fresh and wasn't too concerned with lucas (As in I won JUST SAYING MD/VA STEP IT UP but yeah GGs pink fresh). Like yeah lucas kills early but mewtwo has the gimp potential. Holding the ledge, waiting for lucas to grapple, then letting go and n-airing forces lucas into up-B which is a decent way to gimp. Basically no matter how he reels in, the n-air will hit. But yeah if lucas gets in he just dances on you, racks up %, and kills you vertically, but I don't think it's bad for mewtwo.

Roy also kills really early, and his sword means that mewtwo's barely-not-disjointed tail isn't as effective. I think if mewtwo gets gimps then it's GG, but yeah roy hitting hard and killing mewtwo early makes it a tricky matchup, but I still don't think it's bad for mewtwo just "tough".

tl;dr mewtwo is the best character in the game.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've only recently started maining Mewtwo, and so far Roy is the matchup who's forced me to change my style the most. Roy has effective answers to three of Mewtwo's greatest strengths: he can counter the tail, and his down+smash makes tele-positioning for throws or kill shots incredibly risky. I had to play more defensive to be effective against that opponent.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
zss spanks mewtwo yo. she spanks anything big slow and floaty. mewtwo is big floaty and not really slow but not really fast. regardless the onstage game is seriously skewed in her favor.

NickLeo

Smash Apprentice
zss spanks mewtwo yo. she spanks anything big slow and floaty. mewtwo is big floaty and not really slow but not really fast. regardless the onstage game is seriously skewed in her favor.
I agree with this. from experience I can say that ZSS and ivysaur both spank mewtwo.
I'd say Mewtwo's biggest fear is a character that can outspace him

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
I agree with this. from experience I can say that ZSS and ivysaur both spank mewtwo.
I'd say Mewtwo's biggest fear is a character that can outspace him
in that case would you consider marth a bad mu for mew2 ?

oRi0n

Smash Rookie
This is going to sound weird, but I played a good Samus recently, and that was the hardest matchup I've come across. Granted a lot of that was player skill, but Samus has a lot of the things other people have stated cause problems. For one, Samus can WAY out camp Mewtwo. The projectile spam forces you into very delicate approaches. And those projectiles are all pretty powerful, so if you mess up at all the punishment is pretty severe.

When you do get in, Samus hits really hard. Her tilts are powerful, her upsmash can catch pretty much anything you throw out of teleport and get you overhead, which puts you in her uair > upB combo. Then Samus probably lands from upB before you're out of hitstun to punish, and the whole mess starts over again.

Zelda can create a similar situation (force you to approach then wield a very strong defense when you do), but her projectile is far less frustrating than all that junk Samus spits at you.

I also second the guy who said Ivysaur. That character is a pain.

Last edited:

NickLeo

Smash Apprentice
in that case would you consider marth a bad mu for mew2 ?
Yes, depending on how you play the MU. Marth doesn't have a projectile so your focus should be on preventing mewtwo from having any room to think or throw shadow balls. If you keep the momentum he will have a difficult time actually any hits in
if he likes to CC dtilt a lot you can CC dtilt him back or CC fsmash
Also, mewtwo wins offstage everytime

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Samus is easy to outplay. Just f+b reflect those projectiles, and when she's forced to come in with aerial, figure out where to up+b.

Falco gave me some trouble (surprisingly, a lot more than Fox who I have little trouble dealing with). Since M2 is a big target, it's easy to get laser locked, but again, reflect really comes in handy. I have a lot of trouble approaching Falco though.

Agreed with Ivysaur as well.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I just lost a couple of sets to Pewpewu's Samus after beating his melee characters, but I'd lean more toward me playing badly and impatiently causing me to lose than the matchup being bad. For whatever reason I also kept failing wavedash OoS and getting hover, which was very problematic. But I did lose, so there's that.

I had to go Ivysaur against his Falco, though again I think that's a "couldn't wavedash OoS with Mewtwo" thing than a "Mewtwo can't beat this character" thing.

Honestly I think Mewtwo's worst matchup is Mewtwo, teleporting when you have a tail that long is just too good

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Roy, Pit, and Fox come to mind. They all know how to handle Mewtwo at close range and two of which force Mewtwo to come in close. Despite that, though, Mewtwo manages to do pretty damn well, overall.

TKD

Smash Lord
fox because spacie
or shines
or lasers
or 8-frame KO move with no sourspot
or everyone that plays him having 10 years of experience

lololol

oRi0n

Smash Rookie
Samus is easy to outplay. Just f+b reflect those projectiles, and when she's forced to come in with aerial, figure out where to up+b.

Falco gave me some trouble (surprisingly, a lot more than Fox who I have little trouble dealing with). Since M2 is a big target, it's easy to get laser locked, but again, reflect really comes in handy. I have a lot of trouble approaching Falco though.

Agreed with Ivysaur as well.
U can't beat a good samus with f+b... I use confusion a lot against other characters and tried it a lot against that samus... confusion just has too much startup and lasts too long. Samus can throw projectiles out faster than u can reflect them that way. Perfect shielding will be necessary if reflecting is your strategy. I think what you've got to do is get in on Samus and stay on her so she can't use her projectiles, but that's much easier said than done.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
U can't beat a good samus with f+b... I use confusion a lot against other characters and tried it a lot against that samus... confusion just has too much startup and lasts too long. Samus can throw projectiles out faster than u can reflect them that way. Perfect shielding will be necessary if reflecting is your strategy. I think what you've got to do is get in on Samus and stay on her so she can't use her projectiles, but that's much easier said than done.
I don't think the startup time is too much to deal with considering Samus's projectiles take roughly as long to come out (Charged shot is faster for sure). Also, the reflection lasts longer than the animation by a substantial amount, so even if you're too early it'll work.

It comes down to accurately reading your opponent and knowing when to be prepared to reflect. If you're at long range, you can bet she's going to be lobbing shots your way. Mid-range, pay attention to positioning - if you were playing that Samus and would think now is a good time to launch a shot, reflect. Don't forget even the weakest shadow ball can intercept both of her missiles, so you have that option too if you want to play it safe. Close range, you're probably better off shielding or dodging, but you could get lucky and snag Samus with it.

As far as staying on her, teleport all the things. Most of the Samuses I see play a heavy aerial game when they're not shooting projectiles or punishing you for getting close on the ground, so you can take advantage of this with effective TP. I will admit I have a really hard time edge guarding a Samus, but I don't think that's Mewtwo's fault.

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
i think it's a little too easy to react to link's projectiles with teleport and gain an advantage or outright punish him. perhaps against a weaker mewtwo player he would work well but i think someone who is capable of using teleport well will not have that much trouble, at least not from the projectiles. i do think link's projectiles might make him one of the few characters who can really do anything to punish mewtwo's recovery, though.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I haven't fought M2 vs. Link much yet, but in my mind Link
i think it's a little too easy to react to link's projectiles with teleport and gain an advantage or outright punish him. perhaps against a weaker mewtwo player he would work well but i think someone who is capable of using teleport well will not have that much trouble, at least not from the projectiles. i do think link's projectiles might make him one of the few characters who can really do anything to punish mewtwo's recovery, though.
One advantage Link has is his up+B. If Mewtwo's teles are too predictable, he can punish hard with spin slash. Another trick up Link's sleeve is his bombs. Rather than throwing directly at Mewtwo (and getting them reflected), Link can try to aim at the ground in front of him. Even if Mewtwo reflects it, it can still land close enough to catch him in the blast radius. Mewtwo also can't competed with Link's uair, though he could counter Link's dair with his own uair if he does it from the right distance but that's a huge risk that's usually not worth taking.

On the whole, Link struggles to keep up with Mewtwo, but it's not a lost cause.

Last edited:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
One advantage Link has is his up+B. If Mewtwo's teles are too predictable, he can punish hard with spin slash.
Do keep in mind that if Link sweetspots a grounded Spin Attack, it'll stale the aerial version, which makes bomb jumping very tricky (because some parts of aerial spin attack will still do enough to damage to detonate the bomb), or, well, impossible (unless you're specifically referring to a situation in which M2 is recovering from below the stage, because the linger semi-spike hitbox doesn't stale the aerial version iirc).

What makes the match-up so hard is Link basically being able to sit in neutral with little risk. Bombs can quickly end strings; rang isn't safe to shield; and, most importantly, BSB spam can't puncture a competent Link's defense (i.e, you can't outcamp him). Additionally, Link is pretty good in CQC (Jab / Dsmash / Nair) and midrange (Zair / Rang), so even if you can get around the aforementioned annoyances, he's pretty tough to pin down.

On the plus side, like pretty much every character in this MU, M2 has superb punishes on Link, with one solid hit easily resulting in a decent string. Of course, it's also hard to ignore M2's ability to annihilate [tether] recoveries, so getting Link offstage puts M2 at a huge advantage.

Honestly, I'd argue that Link is M2's worst MU (Ivy dies fast enough that M2 can pull through; Samus has constantly watch out for smart Teleport play (well, movement in general), as Fair can kill pretty fast (plus, if M2 can start juggling Samus, she isn't coming back down for a while lol); and TL, though eons more obnoxious than Link, can't compete with M2's range)--being -2 at worst--because of how badly projectiles in general can screw this character, coupled with how hard it is to get a decisive hit on a good Link.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm surprised people are saying spacies. In my experience, mewtwo destroys both fox and falco.
Ditto. Fast-fallers like Fox and Falco can get trapped in Mewtwo's down-tilt spam if you catch them at just the right distance and keep doing it with good timing. They can't even DI until about 80%, so you lock them until about 71% and then either c-stick forward smash or grab, and they're in a world of hurt. This can work on C. Falcon, Marth, and Roy too (and others), but doesn't get them as high.

Last edited:

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Ditto. Fast-fallers like Fox and Falco can get trapped in Mewtwo's down-tilt spam if you catch them at just the right distance and keep doing it with good timing. They can't even DI until about 80%, so you lock them until about 71% and then either c-stick forward smash or grab, and they're in a world of hurt. This can work on C. Falcon, Marth, and Roy too (and others), but doesn't get them as high.
It's ridiculously easy to combo them to death. Starting at 0%, Uthrow > Regrab > Uthrow > SHFFL Fair > Regrab > Uthrow > Fullhop Uair > Uair is all guaranteed assuming no platforms get in the way. From there you can follow up with Ftilt or a tech chase. Get one good bair on them from there and it's likely a kill. If they get clever and DI off the stage just SH Bair > Bair and you have an early gimp. Quite silly.

Zachary the Master

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-7152-1947
I'd have to say any character with longer range melee attacks, projectiles, , like Fox. He has the smae reach, he has faster attacks, a reflector for Shadow Ball, and gun for racking up damage from a distance

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'd have to say any character with longer range melee attacks, projectiles, , like Fox. He has the smae reach, he has faster attacks, a reflector for Shadow Ball, and gun for racking up damage from a distance
I guess the five or six reasons already given as to why Fox struggles in this matchup weren't convincing enough, so here's a few more. If Mewtwo spams confusion while Fox spams lasers, he will reflect just as much damage back at Fox. I just tested this and verified that the damage dealt to both parties is pretty much equal. The only exception is if Mewtwo and Fox are standing at opposite ends of Final Destination, then the lasers fade out before reaching Fox - but a smart Mewtwo isn't going to stand there and let that happen. Also, it's worth noting that Mewtwo can slowly close the gap with his forward+b while Fox must remain stationary, so there comes a point where Fox either needs to move or suffer a tele-claw.

Mewtwo's melee attacks are much longer than Fox's. Actually, there aren't many characters with longer-range attacks (I think Mewtwo even beats Marth's aerials in length, but not always arc). Granted, Fox's attacks are faster and he can certainly work some combo magic, but as soon as the momentum turns he's in big trouble.

Also, don't let Mewtwo see you Firefoxin' back to stage. You're a sitting target for a tele-spike.

Last edited:

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
Well, as it appears that Mewtwo has NO bad matchups besides possibly Link and Pit, and 50-50's with perhaps a few more, let's talk strategies:

How do you get opportunities? When is Mewtwo open? What are the predictable places where you can get opportunities? It seems like there's few places where he's open; his grab is fast, most aerials and tilts have little lag or can be canceled, etc.

When you get these opportunities, what, in general, is the best way to punish Mewtwo? Say I get a grab as Marth, should I forward throw and chase and possibly get slapped with a fair/nair or up throw and go for a juggle, despite Mewtwo's teleport and ability to get out of juggles?

How in the world do you KILL Mewtwo? He's stupidly heavy and I commonly have him living to 170+. As a Marth, I always end up tacking on little percentages by throwing out lots of low lag aerials, but I'm afraid to go for forward smashes because, if I miss, Mewtwo can grab me or teleport fair me or... 0 death me.

Please be detailed guys. Thanks.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Marth is definitely one of Mewtwo's weaker matchups. His speed and his wide arcs on his aerials together shut down Mewtwo's tele-game, not to mention counter. Seriously, if you manage to get a Mewtwo off a ledge, one of the easiest ways to keep him off the stage is stand by the edge and counter as soon as he's in range for a tele (he'll probably be trying to jump you for a claw).

I won't lie, I'm maining Mewtwo in P:M so maybe my comments are a bit biased/I don't want to give away all his weaknesses :) I will comment on one area he's particularly vulnerable; directly beneath him. His dair is probably his slowest attack, and it has really pitiful range too. You almost have to be within Jiggly-sleep distance to land a meteor smash with him. Marth especially gives him a hard time because Marth's utilt and uair are both insanely good at catching. Ivysaur is another bad day for Mewtwo because he also has a ton of ways to hurt opponents who are straight above. In general, Mewtwo has few approach options coming toward the ground, and characters who can exploit that are probably his biggest weakness.

For your throws question, I think I would recommend forward and chase - but I don't play Marth much, so my advice may not be the best. Up might be a good choice too for the reasons stated above.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
what about gannondorf? with good spacing, he can out prioritize mewtwo's arial attacks. he can also keep pressure with forward b and down b

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
I don't think the startup time is too much to deal with considering Samus's projectiles take roughly as long to come out (Charged shot is faster for sure). Also, the reflection lasts longer than the animation by a substantial amount, so even if you're too early it'll work.

It comes down to accurately reading your opponent and knowing when to be prepared to reflect. If you're at long range, you can bet she's going to be lobbing shots your way. Mid-range, pay attention to positioning - if you were playing that Samus and would think now is a good time to launch a shot, reflect. Don't forget even the weakest shadow ball can intercept both of her missiles, so you have that option too if you want to play it safe. Close range, you're probably better off shielding or dodging, but you could get lucky and snag Samus with it.

As far as staying on her, teleport all the things. Most of the Samuses I see play a heavy aerial game when they're not shooting projectiles or punishing you for getting close on the ground, so you can take advantage of this with effective TP. I will admit I have a really hard time edge guarding a Samus, but I don't think that's Mewtwo's fault.
A Mewtwo which spams side+B will fall victim to a land-cancelled missile quickly followed up by a z-air. As the missile is reflected, Samus can easily z-air through the missile and hit mewtwo.

Most Samus users at mid range won't be firing too many projectiles - especially not if the Mewtwo is consistently reflecting those projectiles.

As a Samus user myself, I find that when a mewtwo is constantly firing shadow balls, I have the hardest time actually starting my camping game (Not that I camp much). I believe that Mewtwo can easily outcamp Samus if Mewtwo has been firing shots before Samus.

But then it is pointless for me to be saying this when a Mewtwo shouldn't even be playing the camp/reflect game in the first place. Mewtwo's tilts and aerials+teleports should be what Mewtwo relies on in the Samus-Mewtwo Matchup.

Une

Smash Apprentice
what about gannondorf? with good spacing, he can out prioritize mewtwo's arial attacks. he can also keep pressure with forward b and down b
I'm not a genius but I can tell you that Ganon probably doesn't have an advantage against this piece of trash character
I don't see see what the hell he can do against a character that can just fly all over stage and basically whatever he wants, has ridiculous combos, some of the dumbest normals in the game with that have good speed and silly range, is close to being immune to edge guarding or being chased down in the air (OR ANYWHERE), and has a projectile. And can kill off a throw.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I'm not a genius but I can tell you that Ganon probably doesn't have an advantage against this piece of trash character
I don't see see what the hell he can do against a character that can just fly all over stage and basically whatever he wants, has ridiculous combos, some of the dumbest normals in the game with that have good speed and silly range, is close to being immune to edge guarding or being chased down in the air (OR ANYWHERE), and has a projectile. And can kill off a throw.
Tbh Mewtwo's combos aren't gdlk, its just hover that allows him to position himself. Besides, it really just soulds like you are one of the people who's upset with the outcome of SKTAR 3. Put it like this. Emukiller is the best Mewtwo. Easily. M2K doesn't use Mewtwo's new tricks, Taj doesn't play PM too often, MK0 isn't as good as any other people mentioned, and KDJ is just a meh Mewtwo. Emukiller takes full advantage of Mewtwo's tricks, and he doesn't play slow like all of the other Mewtwo's. His Mewtwo is wayyyy quicker. IMO I think thats the reason why he won. No one was able to adapt to such a fast Mewtwo. Everyone was used to the slow twos. Once everyone realizes how to beat this speed demon, people won't be screaming broken anymore.

Mewtwo's recovering is very edgeguardable. Edgehogging works nice since most Mewtwo players will warp to the edge because its the safest option. Hitting out of DJ/Hover works nice. I can name like 8 characters who can beat Mewtwo's recovery (ill do it too, Mario, Falco, Fox, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Samus, and there's more too).

If you main a non projectile character like Captain Falcon or Marth, you can bait out the tail moves with dash dances you know. Or if you main a projectile user like Samus or Link, CAMP.

You can chase down Mewtwo. Just not with a slow character lol.

Charizard, Mario, Weegee, Zelda, and Link can KO off throws.

Shadow Ball is not this absolutely amazing projectile like you make it out to be. Easily clanked unless fully charged.

Last edited:

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
Victini, you just sound like someone who fell in love with an extremely powerful character and doesn't want it nerfed.

Please, elaborate on how you think Mewtwo's recovery is edgeguardable. He can make it back on the stage from practically anywhere, and has a high priority attack right after that. Yes, characters can TRY to edgeguard him, but Mewtwo's is probably the hardest to edgeguard in the whole game. Also, he has pretty high weight/low falling speed so your edgeguard probably won't even kill.

Captain Falcon and Marth both have to be extremely careful when approaching Mewtwo. Mewtwo's tilts don't have that much end lag so they need to get in as quick as possible to get a hit on, or they get grabbed/tilted and punished hard. Same with Fox, except that missing just one of these opportunities = 0 to death. Many other characters have to be smart and quick in the neutral; Mewtwo dominates with his range, mobility (teleport), insane shield grab, AND his projectile. In Melee, Marth had range and a great grab, which, along with other things, made him a top character. Captain Falcon had speed, good range, and combos, and this made him a high tier as well. Now look at Mewtwo in PM: he has all the benefits of these two HIGH TIERS from Melee, minus the ground speed of Falcon but still maintaining mobility, AND A PROJECTILE. (and better recovery!) Yes, it's not an amazing projectile, but it IS a projectile. It gives him another option in neutral.

Notice how many characters have a kill throw: not many. Why does Mewtwo deserve a kill throw when he has so many other areas where he's strong? The other characters kinda need it. Charizard is slow, big, and easy to combo. Zelda is limited in her mobility. Mewtwo doesn't really have any of these shortcomings.

Mewtwo dittos being the grand finals of a major tournament has to count for something. He's a good character, no one can deny this, and I think that's fine if he's a top tier. But it seems the majority of the cast simply can't compete with a good Mewtwo, and that's what I object to. Not that it's impossible to fight a Mewtwo, but that its silly to attempt it with many characters.

Also, Emukiller said in an interview that he's just exploiting a broken character.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Victini, you just sound like someone who fell in love with an extremely powerful character and doesn't want it nerfed.

Please, elaborate on how you think Mewtwo's recovery is edgeguardable. He can make it back on the stage from practically anywhere, and has a high priority attack right after that. Yes, characters can TRY to edgeguard him, but Mewtwo's is probably the hardest to edgeguard in the whole game. Also, he has pretty high weight/low falling speed so your edgeguard probably won't even kill.

Captain Falcon and Marth both have to be extremely careful when approaching Mewtwo. Mewtwo's tilts don't have that much end lag so they need to get in as quick as possible to get a hit on, or they get grabbed/tilted and punished hard. Same with Fox, except that missing just one of these opportunities = 0 to death. Many other characters have to be smart and quick in the neutral; Mewtwo dominates with his range, mobility (teleport), insane shield grab, AND his projectile. In Melee, Marth had range and a great grab, which, along with other things, made him a top character. Captain Falcon had speed, good range, and combos, and this made him a high tier as well. Now look at Mewtwo in PM: he has all the benefits of these two HIGH TIERS from Melee, minus the ground speed of Falcon but still maintaining mobility, AND A PROJECTILE. (and better recovery!) Yes, it's not an amazing projectile, but it IS a projectile. It gives him another option in neutral.

Notice how many characters have a kill throw: not many. Why does Mewtwo deserve a kill throw when he has so many other areas where he's strong? The other characters kinda need it. Charizard is slow, big, and easy to combo. Zelda is limited in her mobility. Mewtwo doesn't really have any of these shortcomings.

Mewtwo dittos being the grand finals of a major tournament has to count for something. He's a good character, no one can deny this, and I think that's fine if he's a top tier. But it seems the majority of the cast simply can't compete with a good Mewtwo, and that's what I object to. Not that it's impossible to fight a Mewtwo, but that its silly to attempt it with many characters.

Also, Emukiller said in an interview that he's just exploiting a broken character.
Lol Mewtwo gdlk. nn yyy nurf u giv him mak him stronkr

The only thing thats broken about Mewtwo is the amount of shield pressure he can create with nair. Its ridiculous.

Didn't I elaborate already on how his recovery is edgeguardable? Projectiles do a pretty good job of gimping.

I wouldn't say Zelda kinda needs a KO throw. Isn't she (along with Link) two of the best in the game?And since the celilings are higher in PM to try and nerf Fox's up smash, Mewtwo's up throw is directly affected.

TBH M2K did Mewtwo dittos because Marth loses to Mewtwo and Fox gets wrecked by him.

Nerfs I'd give Mewtwo
Nair does less shield damage/more ending lag/more start up lag
Forward air slightly weaker
Back air tipper hitbox weakened
Ftilt range decreased slightly to make it more manageable.
Up throw weakened slightly.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
id actually say the fox matchup is even since fox can actually kill mewtwo at much lower percentages then everyone else

yes fox dies to mewtwo's combos but fox dies to everyone's combos it doesn't stop him from being any less then top tier

Top Bottom