• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Neutral Game?

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
I've been told a couple times to improve in neutral while playing mewtwo. I currently don't have videos up of me playing, but I'm wondering what a lot of you guys are doing. Currently I do a lot of SH nair, dtilt, shadowball, and tele hover shenanigans until I can get in to combo/throw off and edgeguard. What are you guys' neutral game strats?

Zuzudae

Smash Rookie
Try incorporating defensive utilts, it's extremely obnoxious to be against because of the massive area coverage it has.
I've also learned recently of wave hovering, which I'm trying to incorporate a bit more against people that lack projectiles.

Last edited:

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Try incorporating defensive utilts, it's extremely obnoxious to be against because of the massive area coverage it has.
I love the uptilt as an anti air and combo starter. Only problem is that it and dtilt get CCd at low percents. Can grabbing more get around that?

Zuzudae

Smash Rookie
Yes, grabbing can easily mitigate that. a Dthrow is the perfect setup for another dtilt into regrab dthrow.
Against spacies uthrow into tele-hovered aerials can be effective as well.

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
I've also learned recently of wave hovering, which I'm trying to incorporate a bit more against people that lack projectiles.
Do you mean a RAR to hover to quickly turn around/what on earth is wave hovering lol?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
only way that phrase could possibly make sense is for it to be an airdodge out of hover, so that you're threatening HC'd aerials while staying mobile, and being able to waveland to move quickly at any time
if it's anything else, the name doesn't make sense, so rename it z-guy, or better yet don't

Last edited:

Zuzudae

Smash Rookie
Its wavelanding out of hover on the edge of platforms, or right after you throw out an aerial but see them agressing, etc. Its a camp manuever and a combo one under right circumstances.
Its a fun way to stay in hover over a general area too, because wavelanding onto a platforms edge then back off while still holding jump keeps you in hover but refreshes the airtime so you can camp with it.

Last edited:

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
Its wavelanding out of hover on the edge of platforms, or right after you throw out an aerial but see them agressing, etc. Its a camp manuever and a combo one under right circumstances.
Its a fun way to stay in hover over a general area too, because wavelanding onto a platforms edge then back off while still holding jump keeps you in hover but refreshes the airtime so you can camp with it.
It's be cool to see a video of this, if you could record or see someone doing it in a match.

Top Bottom